Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Agean90 posted:

peak 2017 would be mattis or mcmaster coming out to the press corp covered in blood while holding a smoking pistol to annouced they've diverted a nuclear war.

you underestimate the lethality of their knife-hand alone. Mattis needs no weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

That DICK! posted:

what's a good funny podcast other than chapo trap house and talking simpsons. i listened to both of those, and they'er good.
Welcome to Nightvale is really funny and different.

sexpig by night posted:

feels like this is an omen in how hosed trump is
The fact that not even his closest shills were dispatched to give even a token resistance was a bad sign. That no one in the GOP would even make a comment in his defense was a worse sign.

If Midget Digits wakes up to 100% negative coverage of this and outright denial from Fox that the story exists, he's going to be mighty pissed. I'm looking forward to the old bitch's tweets.

But then again, it honestly looked like he got his cell phone snatched from him mid-rant this morning, so who knows what'll happen.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

marmot25 posted:

Pro-tip for dal lovers: this is the best cookbook and it will take you to new parts of flavortown you have never even heard of before.

I've made a billion lentil/dal dishes in my life, is this really worth :10bux: to me?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Addamere posted:

why are they even offering it to incumbent senators like john cornyn like dude why the gently caress would they give up their guaranteed check and grift for life to come be the next guy trump fires lol

because they want a republican in the position to end the russia investigation but lol republicans don't want to be that close to trump's area of effect

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

MadJackal posted:

Midget Digits

ha!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I was just thinking about picking John le Carre back up after reading a few of his books last summer and the lolled in real life at the idea of George Smiley working with Trump.

le carre is really really good

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
notice this all started when kushner became "unfavored"

the dark wizard strikes again

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Thoguh posted:

I have to agree with the poster who said a long drawn out impeachment proceeding, with the Republicans fighting it tooth and nail, is the best case scenario. A quick one just gives us president Pence and the republicans at least a year to push their agenda through. Better to have everything immobilized until 2018.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

bloom posted:

That was rad and I regret not screenshotting the mike pence horse sex shirt.

i got chu

its perhaps my finest drawing

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

That DICK! posted:

what's a good funny podcast other than chapo trap house and talking simpsons. i listened to both of those, and they'er good.

hollywood handbook: an insider's guide to kicking butt and dropping names in the red carpet lined back hallways of this industry we call showbiz

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Trump could never be an asset for even the most inept intelligence officer, he's too unpredictable and can't keep his stupid flapping gums shut to literally save his life.

he's a russian asset but they are like "fuuuuck" because he's supposed to tell them state secrets away from prying ears and he's like "HELLO, HERE IS A PICTURE OF AN ISIS WHO WORKS FOR US AND TELLS US THINGS."

he's making them look bad by proxy.

maybe that's the long con?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Turdfuzz posted:

i dont think they can ban him from registering as a republican
Well yeah that's just what I'm asking. If they decided that being under the same banner as him would destroy them all and he won't change, would they have no choice but to change themselves?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 17, 2017

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Vertical Lime posted:

https://twitter.com/saba_h/status/864637574203289600

WE HAVE TRUMP DERANGEMENT SYNDROME

AND IT IS JUSTIFIED AND REAL

Who is this individual and why si he wearing a black helmet

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
blue apron: a better way to cuck

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

le carre is really really good

he really is. the anti-Bond. smiley is a sad little bastard who couldn't win in a fist-fight with a septugenarian and who is wicked loving smart.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
imo trump having a massive heart attack v. soon is the most likely scenario

i know everyone likes to joke about how he's an evil fel lord whose immortality is fueled by russian hooker pee, but

y'know

c'mon

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

That DICK! posted:

Flop House is good and is basically a How Did This Get Made if they didn't stop to read ads every 10 minutes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

everey last one of you lumbering obese and sad fuckcks wshould eat more green lentils in any sort of form because they're delicious and infinitely superior to whatever moron garbage ur shoveling into ur putin-holes

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
i havent listened to uhh yeah dude since the election, is there an episode where i can hear seth lose his mind about all this?

^^^^^I've become obsessed with a place that sells tonkotsu ramen near me, pray for my arteries cause I aint giving that poo poo up

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

i ate a delicious honeycrisp apple today, along with some lamb saag, and a bunch of mini brownies. i'm a lanky motherfucker.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
aw no, truckin and fuckin was my favorite avatar :(

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Are we still recommending podcasts?
If you want podcasts about bizarre internet poo poo, you got two choices as far as I've seen:
comedy: The F Plus
letting it stand on its own: Lou Reads the Internet

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It is very important that Trump survives to 2020 at the minimum

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Epic High Five posted:

everey last one of you lumbering obese and sad fuckcks wshould eat more green lentils in any sort of form because they're delicious and infinitely superior to whatever moron garbage ur shoveling into ur putin-holes

i only eat corn husks

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well yeah that's just what I'm asking. If they decided that being under the same banner as him would destroy the all and he won't change, would they have no choice but to change themselves?

https://youtu.be/U7R3hzpfnmw

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

death awaits?

marmot25
May 16, 2004

Yam Slacker

Epic High Five posted:

I've made a billion lentil/dal dishes in my life, is this really worth :10bux: to me?

It's a great book that captures the hyper-regional styles of Indian food--definitely an eye-opener to me. (This is the recipe that introduced me to the book, just to give you an example.)

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

That DICK! posted:

I Don't Even Own a Television is a good podcast about bad books hosted by former goon Satellite High

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

anime was right posted:

Minneapolis... good?

Minneapolis gave the world MST3K, Prince, and The F Plus. Minneapolis extremely good.

Except for the Vikings.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Gravybong posted:

i havent listened to uhh yeah dude since the election, is there an episode where i can hear seth lose his mind about all this?

^^^^^I've become obsessed with a place that sells tonkotsu ramen near me, pray for my arteries cause I aint giving that poo poo up

they don't talk about politics really but seth and jah are both talking about guns alot more lmao

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah pretty much just like that. Or like the Yamaguchi-gumi breaking up a few years ago.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Epic High Five posted:

i got a gas station burrito b/c it's maximum calorie value vs. cost

checkmade libtards. get beefy bitch.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

That DICK! posted:

The F Plus.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

been there

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

HorseRenoir posted:

I Don't Even Own a Television is a good podcast about bad books hosted by former goon Satellite High

I didn't realize it until like 10 years after the fact but he also made the anime club rap too

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This administration might actually drive me insane, if only through the attrition of sleep deprivation and the constant need to rush to catch up with stuff I should have been doing instead of watching for the next plot twist.

Older goons- is this similar to what the OJ trial was like in terms of media frenzy? I was pretty young in '94 so I don't remember much about it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Imagine a horse pounding a human rear end-- forever

also

MaxxBot posted:

Thank you whoever kept talking about lentils the other day because I just made Dal for the first time and it's amazing.

ya lentils own bigtime

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 17, 2017

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

checkmade libtards. get beefy bitch.

If you're looking to offened a bitch bc of food being poor people food ur requoting to the wrong dude

I'm a fuckin animal to who love all food from lovely gas station tacqitos to overpiced moron idiot tuna steaks and will never hsame somebody for eatin food

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Fullhouse posted:

no gently caress you john kasich, I don't give a poo poo about your west wing nonsense. I'm not reading loving breitbart. suck my dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

he really is. the anti-Bond. smiley is a sad little bastard who couldn't win in a fist-fight with a septugenarian and who is wicked loving smart.

i need to see the old alec guiness ones, the gary oldman one is really good but he's just a little too charismatic to be smiley

• Locked thread