Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad that other people aren't watching it....most of the main characters get merked. People hate that poo poo. But yeah Ethan Kelly gets the job done. Cole Hauser's bloodline is a Venn diagram on building tough looking people.
His father is of German, Irish, Belgian (Walloon), and French descent, and his mother is from a Jewish family (from Austria, Russia, and Poland).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

e: I finally started on Veep season 6 and holy poo poo, this is the funniest the show has ever been after only 2 episodes. Episode 2 might in fact be the funniest thing I've ever seen on television. Too many jokes to even count.

ehhhhh.....really? I loved s5 - it's probably my favourite season so far - but this one hasn't clicked for me yet.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

precision posted:

I finally started on Veep season 6 and holy poo poo, this is the funniest the show has ever been after only 2 episodes. Episode 2 might in fact be the funniest thing I've ever seen on television. Too many jokes to even count.

Last Sunday's ep (#5) was probably the funniest episode of television of the year so far. It's insane how many brilliant jokes they pack into a half hour.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

ehhhhh.....really? I loved s5 - it's probably my favourite season so far - but this one hasn't clicked for me yet.

Jonah speed dating and the Smith college visit didn't click for you? I was dying.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't believe The Sniffer is a real show that exists.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lurdiak posted:

I can't believe The Sniffer is a real show that exists.

I don't know what that show is, but I can't think of anything good coming out of that title.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

IRQ posted:

I don't know what that show is, but I can't think of anything good coming out of that title.

It's on Netflix. A detective is good at smelling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Any hardcore nudity?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I doubt it, but it's not something I've watched.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
TV logos used to be actual, physical things.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Not surprising, until cassette tapes came along you really only had the option of live or big ol reels of film. I bet it was cheaper/easier to just use a live shot of your logo mockup.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you're interested in TV logos and the like, there's a really good series on Vimeo primarily about the UK set of channels 'ITV' that covers way more history than you could possibly want. https://vimeo.com/channels/itvintheface

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sbaldrick posted:

How mad is Wolf that the Simpsons keep going and going getting the record he wants farther away every year.

The record Wolf cares about is the longest-running prime-time drama. The original Law & Order is tied with Gunsmoke at 20 seasons. Wolf was pissed when NBC yanked the promised Season 21 away from him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Timby posted:

The record Wolf cares about is the longest-running prime-time drama. The original Law & Order is tied with Gunsmoke at 20 seasons. Wolf was pissed when NBC yanked the promised Season 21 away from him.

Has he explicitly said he wants to beat the record or is it just a common knowledge thing that he does?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I did it! I finally found a show currently on UK television that isn't horrible! 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown is pretty good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Has he explicitly said he wants to beat the record or is it just a common knowledge thing that he does?

He's said it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Croatoan posted:

I did it! I finally found a show currently on UK television that isn't horrible! 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown is pretty good.

It's pretty fun, but they do run it into the ground a bit. Being an hour long show doesn't do it many favours I think. Probably the only panel show I sometimes bother with, mind.

e: UK TV wise, 'This Country' was really good. And 'Mindhorn' is a good film if you like stuff like Darkplace.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's pretty fun, but they do run it into the ground a bit. Being an hour long show doesn't do it many favours I think. Probably the only panel show I sometimes bother with, mind.

e: UK TV wise, 'This Country' was really good. And 'Mindhorn' is a good film if you like stuff like Darkplace.

I don't live in the UK, nor follow TV really, but every new year's I eagerly look forward to Charlie Booker's wipe. Does he not have a weekly show, for at least parts of the year?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

bring back old gbs posted:

it is subversive absurdist comedy, dad

wow how novel nobody has ever done that before!!!!!!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If The Eric Andre Show is done, at least they got to investigate 311 on the finale.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dancer posted:

I don't live in the UK, nor follow TV really, but every new year's I eagerly look forward to Charlie Booker's wipe. Does he not have a weekly show, for at least parts of the year?

Not at the moment I believe. Used to have Newswipe and Weekly Wipe series' that ran throughout the year in small batches. And of course, Screenwipe which was the first show he did in that format. I think you can find some of them on YouTube and similar.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

get that OUT of my face posted:

If The Eric Andre Show is done, at least they got to investigate 311 on the finale.

He interviewed some Instagram models a few months ago

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I'm really sad that there's no Bob's Burgers thread where we can talk all about the massive 100+ song soundtrack that dropped earlier this week.

I think The Fart Song might be the peak Bob's Burgers song, but if this weren't a dead loving website we could have a big bracket challenge like we did for Glee way back in the day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There was some chatter in the vinyl thread about it. Everyone seemed to like it, I was tempted but couldn't justify at this second.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

GreenNight posted:

Please tell me he's played by Dolph Lundgren.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Lycus posted:

Please tell me he's played by Dolph Lundgren.

Or Burton "Gus" "Clementine Woolysocks" "Methuselah Honeysuckle" Guster.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

He interviewed some Instagram models a few months ago
I don't remember seeing that, but I do follow him on Instagram and that's where I found out he's dating Rosario Dawson. Good for him!

DC Murderverse posted:

I'm really sad that there's no Bob's Burgers thread where we can talk all about the massive 100+ song soundtrack that dropped earlier this week.
Have I got some good news for you!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If I had a nickel for every time someone has come in here to bemoan the lack of a thread for a show that definitely has one.....I'd probably only have a couple bucks, but still.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

If I had a nickel for every time someone has come in here to bemoan the lack of a thread for a show that definitely has one.....I'd probably only have a couple bucks, but still.

Make a thread about it skippy.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

GreenNight posted:

It's literally "quirky detective with a gift but we ran out of gifts that aren't stupid"

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Isn't that Daredevil's power basically

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Croatoan posted:

Yeah I love that.

Have you tried Taskmaster?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Isn't that Daredevil's power basically

He has radar sense and enhanced hearing and touch.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

BSam posted:

Yeah I love that.

Have you tried Taskmaster?

Nahh not yet. I literally just got Dave this week. All I've caught is another panel show that has video games or something? Man, y'all fuckin' love panel shows.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
So Netflix snagged the right to The Witcher series.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-witcher-saga-coming-to-netflix-as-tv-series-1202430136/

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm looking forward to be disappointed when this releases in 2019-2020.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

less laughter posted:

Last Sunday's ep (#5) was probably the funniest episode of television of the year so far. It's insane how many brilliant jokes they pack into a half hour.

"How will I know when I'm finished? Nevermind, I'm sure I'll figure it out"

More people need to watch "Good News". For everyone who misses 30 Rock, it's back! Sort of!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

arrested development is back for season 5 in 2018, hey guys stop running away i'm not kidding this time

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/864850631470850048

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The promo seems to suggest that this will be a more traditional season, i.e. all characters going through episodes together instead of a bunch of disjointed narratives. I feel like that's what made season 4 not work that well, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

https://twitter.com/arresteddev/sta...ix-announced%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I think they said somewhere that half the season is going to focus on them as younger characters, as a way of having all the characters together, and not worry about getting all the cast together.

• Locked thread