Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Maybe it's because I was just playing Nier: Automata, but i got a big Yoko Taro vibe from the last scene with Hope and Mack. Just something about how the Framework was collapsing and how cruelly Hope just disappears reminded me of his games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It would give them something new to do, maybe bring the Kree in or connect to some moon dwelling Inhumans who air in their timeslot before hand, and maybe lead to some vague references to Guardians, Ragnarok, and Infinity War since the next slate of MCU movies are pretty space related.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

It would give them something new to do, maybe bring the Kree in or connect to some moon dwelling Inhumans who air in their timeslot before hand, and maybe lead to some vague references to Guardians, Ragnarok, and Infinity War since the next slate of MCU movies are pretty space related.

It should still be going when Infinity War hits, so I'm betting they'll do their own thing with it. Maybe have the group fight a minion of Thanos that they don't use in the film.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That's one way to keep the cast from crossing over with the royal Inhumans

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Was that Ward trying to kill Yoyo in the framework? He looked a lot like him, but it was only for a moment... so I guess not?
It was confusing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Codependent Poster posted:

It should still be going when Infinity War hits, so I'm betting they'll do their own thing with it. Maybe have the group fight a minion of Thanos that they don't use in the film.

Eh, I doubt anything that big since it would involve a lot of organization between the two but maybe some easter egg references like they did with Strange this season. But who knows? I guess they could maybe spare a Black Order member or something.

But I think the Kree/Inhuman stuff fits AoS more and follows up the Inhumans series. And then just some passing references and visuals to the other space stuff.

AbstractNapper posted:

Was that Ward trying to kill Yoyo in the framework? He looked a lot like him, but it was only for a moment... so I guess not?
It was confusing.

I thought so at first but I assume they would have focused on him if it was. Plus it doesn't make sense. I thought Aida might be re-writing the Framework so Ward was now bad again, but she was just deleting it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
You know, that bit with Mack holding Hope and her disappearing kinda reminds me of a Doctor Who episode. I think it was the one with the giant library.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I once saw a Raśl Esparza character get shot right in his drat face from a few feet away and he persisted.

He was all hosed up afterwards, but still...

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Gonz posted:

I once saw a Raśl Esparza character get shot right in his drat face from a few feet away and he persisted.

He was all hosed up afterwards, but still...

To be fair, Chilton was shot THROUGH THE FACE and not the middle of the cranium. It only affected his cheek and eye.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CaveGrinch posted:

To be fair, Chilton was shot THROUGH THE FACE and not the middle of the cranium. It only affected his cheek and eye.

True, but Chilton didn't have magic nanomachines or whatever future tech that i'm sure they'll ultimately end up using to handwave away Talbot's brain damage.

Or they could go the "Beatrix Kiddo" route.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
I do wish they had just killed Talbot off, though. But that might just be playing it safe for future use

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

I squeed like a little girl when the at started at the beginning

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I squeed like a little girl when the at started at the beginning

Buuuut not nearly as loudly of a squee when Robbie rolled up on Aida

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I just want to say, Coulson sulking about not getting to watch Daisy and Robbie wreck poo poo in tandem was awesome. Any time Clark Gregg gets to unleash his inner fanboy is great.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I have absolutely no idea what happened in the last 3 or so minutes of that episode.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
I really, really want Abigail Brand on this show now if they do go the SWORD route. Rocking up looking fly as hell and being even scarier than Agent May.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

quote:

Whedon: Bait-and-switches aren't as fun.
He says, after airing an episode with no less than two fakeout deaths.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ghost Rider is the best thing this show has done since Talbot.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope not because we know what happened the last time they tried spinning off something from this show :smith:

Yeah, but Ghost Rider is actually cool.

Metalshark posted:

I really, really want Abigail Brand on this show now if they do go the SWORD route. Rocking up looking fly as hell and being even scarier than Agent May.

She's a mutant. So...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

She's a mutant. So...

Yeah, but don't Fox's exclusivity rights only extend to movies and not television? Besides, they would only be using her name. She almost certainly wouldn't be a mutant.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
In that case, they could have the X-Men on SHIELD.

Which I doubt will happen either.

I mean, it would be cool, but...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Don't try to tell me Jackman wouldn't do it.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, but don't Fox's exclusivity rights only extend to movies and not television? Besides, they would only be using her name. She almost certainly wouldn't be a mutant.

Animation. Fox still owns TV rights.

SWORD's license is up in the air. It's not exclusively mutant, but it did originate with an X-Men comic book and features a half-alien, half-mutant leader.

I'm betting they do not use Brand.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'd love it, personally.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Well, there's your answer right there.

Seriously, though, this show needs Michelle Forbes with green hair.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
One of my favorite moments in the episode was AIDA's "oh poo poo" face when Ghost Rider first went full flaming skull.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This season was great. and Phil in Spaaaaaaaaaace! is a perfect way to end it. Even if they hadn't gotten picked up for another season I would be okay with that ending because you just know Phil will get out of it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Well I guess that explains this earlier tweet from Clark Gregg :v:

https://twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/864491429350866947

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

hiddenriverninja posted:

That's one way to keep the cast from crossing over with the royal Inhumans

Ironically Shield season 5 takes place entirely on the moon.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The only thing I didn't like about the ending was that Radcliffe's final line should have been "Once again the Gods spread the ch-".

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Medullah posted:

Ironically Shield season 5 takes place entirely on the moon.

They subject the heroic SHIELD agents and a couple LMDs to brutal experiments, in which they are forced to watch terrible, low-budget movies while their reactions are monitored.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I like how Aida stopped calling Fitz "Leopold" even though he kept calling her Ophelia. Nice touch

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Mack already grieved for Hope once, plus that whole version himself is now diluted down by 50% so maybe it kinda makes sense that he got over it so quick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, based on the way Fitz reacted to his time you'd think he's feeling 2nd Hope's death really hard.

But he's just a really well adjusted guy who was able to quickly recognize the terrible position YoYo was in and the impossible choices all around.

Some people fall apart in grief and some people are rocks. Mack's a rock.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

kayakyakr posted:

Animation. Fox still owns TV rights.

SWORD's license is up in the air. It's not exclusively mutant, but it did originate with an X-Men comic book and features a half-alien, half-mutant leader.

I'm betting they do not use Brand.

I'd never heard of the character, did some Googling, now I think they should. Just leave it at half-alien. Or just an inhuman. Or whatever, it doesn't matter, really. It seems like she'd fit into the show pretty well.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
As a non comic book reader I'm so confused.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

He saw Yo-yo as someone willing to give everything to be with him the same way he was willing to give everything to Hope.
Probably what spurred him to go through the door at the end and see why she was so devoted. Once out he still has the memories of 8 years with Hope so it removed some of the regret of not being there for her.

Killer robot fixed Macks' brain!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Ashye posted:

He saw Yo-yo as someone willing to give everything to be with him the same way he was willing to give everything to Hope.
Probably what spurred him to go through the door at the end and see why she was so devoted. Once out he still has the memories of 8 years with Hope so it removed some of the regret of not being there for her.

Killer robot fixed Macks' brain!

Somehow Mack was the only winner of the Framework Challenge.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Where are the loving GIFs at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thinking back on the episode it did feel a little rushed. Like maybe it should have been a two-parter where they could adequately flesh out both the "stop Aida" and "delete Framework" plots. As is the Framework subplot felt kind of tacked on and other than the final couple scenes a little inconclusive. While the Aida stuff felt kind of rushed once they put their plan into place. Also there wasn't any answer as to whether or not they actually defeated the Superior or not.

• Locked thread