Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tony Montana posted:

as I train to work

Are you some sort of loving peasant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I'll have to find a clip, but one of my favorite moments from Spain yesterday was I think Magnussen or Hulkenburg, the race engineer on the radio after they got a minor jostle. WAS THERE CONTACT!?.. yeah I got knocked a bi...OK CALM DOWN AND RELAX!!! STAY CALM! RELAX!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh that was hilarious. I commented I remember at the time. The driver was like er something and the race engineer loving yelled at him STAY CALM. Like when in the history of staying calm has someone screaming STAY CALM at you made you want to stay calm? You usually try the opposite, lower your tone and that sorta suggests they're being a bit nuts and should tone it down.

Wirth1000 posted:

Are you some sort of loving peasant?

Ok story time because I'm in the office and I'll be hosed if I'm going to start writing this thing they need automated. I've got a nice coffee and its quiet in here. So Victoria has a thing where they don't issue registration stickers anymore. Like when you registered your car you'd get a sticker with the month it was going to expire and you'd stick that in the windshield and it both reminds you and is a super quick way for the cops to look and see you're being dodgy. We hosed all that off, future, progress, all that.. now it's just a huge database with no physical reminder. You get a letter, but I missed the loving letter. So I was driving an unregistered car for months, totally unaware until TWO $750 fines appeared in my mailbox for driving an unregistered car (speed cameras also just automatically check all the number plates that go past and just issues fines, all with no human intervention) because I drove past a camera. When I went to register my car, they wanted to see the Road Worthy certificate because it's been more than 3 months! Its gotta go to a mechanic for an inspection and they have to sign a thing! Man I was pissed, actually told the lady at VicRoads that its a late model BMW and are you serious? She said yes and she didn't care if it was Senna's Red and White (she didn't say that). So to the mechanic I go and guess what, those fronts look a little scrubbed. Oh that's this suspension bushing, you've thrashed the poo poo out of that because you push it. Brake rotors? A couple of ml undersize, we can't issue a RWC for that. So the bloody car is there getting Continental Sports fitted (apparently they are the bomb) and other little things. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

So there you go, I hosed up and it's cost me a lot of money. Could have bought a decent secondhand kart with what I wasted here.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tony Montana posted:

oh that was hilarious. I commented I remember at the time. The driver was like er something and the race engineer loving yelled at him STAY CALM. Like when in the history of staying calm has someone screaming STAY CALM at you made you want to stay calm? You usually try the opposite, lower your tone and that sorta suggests they're being a bit nuts and should tone it down.

Ok story time because I'm in the office and I'll be hosed if I'm going to start writing this thing they need automated. I've got a nice coffee and its quiet in here. So Victoria has a thing where they don't issue registration stickers anymore. Like when you registered your car you'd get a sticker with the month it was going to expire and you'd stick that in the windshield and it both reminds you and is a super quick way for the cops to look and see you're being dodgy. We hosed all that off, future, progress, all that.. now it's just a huge database with no physical reminder. You get a letter, but I missed the loving letter. So I was driving an unregistered car for months, totally unaware until TWO $750 fines appeared in my mailbox for driving an unregistered car (speed cameras also just automatically check all the number plates that go past and just issues fines, all with no human intervention) because I drove past a camera. When I went to register my car, they wanted to see the Road Worthy certificate because it's been more than 3 months! Its gotta go to a mechanic for an inspection and they have to sign a thing! Man I was pissed, actually told the lady at VicRoads that its a late model BMW and are you serious? She said yes and she didn't care if it was Senna's Red and White (she didn't say that). So to the mechanic I go and guess what, those fronts look a little scrubbed. Oh that's this suspension bushing, you've thrashed the poo poo out of that because you push it. Brake rotors? A couple of ml undersize, we can't issue a RWC for that. So the bloody car is there getting Continental Sports fitted (apparently they are the bomb) and other little things. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

So there you go, I hosed up and it's cost me a lot of money. Could have bought a decent secondhand kart with what I wasted here.

Ok.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

Formula 1 One hero James Hunt got it right. Fast cars, booze, cigarretes and women.
Our Niki said in his book that he eats "yoghurt" and strawberries all the time and he was burned alive but he's still alive and making millions in F1. The true hero.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I watched When Playboys Ruled the World over the weekend with my sister because we were both on Adelaide and she said exactly the same thing. Is Nikki's wife attractive? Sure, she is beautiful. How many WDCs did Niki win? A lot more than Hunt, that's for sure. What does Niki do now? He's on the board of Mercedes, Toto reports to him. He also owns an airline or did and various other cool things ex-WDCs go and do with themselves.

So why is Hunt the hero then? To me it sounds like Niki is the winner, she said. It quite impressed and also kinda saddened me a little.

Anyone that hasn't seen it should:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4UXfyxgZsk

Barry Sheene's wife I find ridiculously attractive. It looks like her face is frozen with Botox now and she doesn't strike me as a great conversationalist, but she is a stunningly beautiful woman.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

what the gently caress

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Niki Lauda did 9/11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauda_Air_Flight_004

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

For those who are interested, Nando was the first one to break 100 laps today, or half the distance of the actual race.

His engine has seen over 500 miles under load and hasn't crapped out on him.

Came here to post that. Phwoar Are Nando

Tony Montana posted:

Lmbo, your BMW sounds like a bucket of scrap

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't even know how to respond to any of that

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Norns post rate 4.5 a day

Tony's 1.3 a day

youll be fine dude, this is like your thing

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tony Montana posted:

I watched When Playboys Ruled the World over the weekend with my sister because we were both on Adelaide and she said exactly the same thing. Is Nikki's wife attractive? Sure, she is beautiful. How many WDCs did Niki win? A lot more than Hunt, that's for sure. What does Niki do now? He's on the board of Mercedes, Toto reports to him. He also owns an airline or did and various other cool things ex-WDCs go and do with themselves.

So why is Hunt the hero then? To me it sounds like Niki is the winner, she said. It quite impressed and also kinda saddened me a little.

Anyone that hasn't seen it should:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4UXfyxgZsk

Barry Sheene's wife I find ridiculously attractive. It looks like her face is frozen with Botox now and she doesn't strike me as a great conversationalist, but she is a stunningly beautiful woman.

Say hi to your sister

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

So you complained to the lady at VicRoads that your car is newish and are you serious that it needs to get a RWC....and than it fails the RW inspection..... :gary:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lol Australia sounds dumb.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Australia sounds like a slightly better America.

New Zealand sounds like a beautiful place though too bad about all the earthquakes and the ridiculous travel time to even get there.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

freeranger posted:

So you complained to the lady at VicRoads that your car is newish and are you serious that it needs to get a RWC....and than it fails the RW inspection..... :gary:

The schadenfreude is amazing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Australia sounds like a slightly better America.

New Zealand sounds like a beautiful place though too bad about all the earthquakes and the ridiculous travel time to even get there.

YCS: Your Country Sucks

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

YCS: Your Country Sucks

Actually, I think you'll find Canada is one of the best places to live out of this whole hosed up world of ours. :smuggo:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Actually, I think you'll find Canada is one of the best places to live out of this whole hosed up world of ours. :smuggo:

Yeah, you get to pay more for everything and get paid less to do it, it's like Mexico without the crime and sun.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

Tony please seek help with your addiction issues.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:lol: at tonys posts that got him probated

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

Yeah, you get to pay more for everything and get paid less to do it, it's like Mexico without the crime and sun.

You have an American as your av soooo....

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Basticle posted:

:lol: at tonys posts that got him probated

lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

You have an American as your av soooo....

Actually he's Canadian and somebody gave this to me because i hate him so god drat much.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

You could write a novel of his rap sheet.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

Actually he's Canadian and somebody gave this to me because i hate him so god drat much.

I just realized that Kevin O'Leary is completely broke as gently caress compared to Lance Stroll's dad, heh. 400mil vs. 2 billion.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Toes, that is.

Theophany fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 17, 2017

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
it would take a literal retard to miss all the letters you get about car rego and compulsory insurance when its due in australia

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Correct Dubs.

Also, BOLD Prediction time from me.

Button is going to make it to Q3 at Monaco, and than retire on lap 7.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dubs posted:

it would take a literal retard to miss all the letters you get about car rego and compulsory insurance when its due in australia

Eh.

I got pulled over on my motorcycle because the rego had expired and I hadn't realized it. In my case it was because I'd had it for less than 3 months and the dealership I'd bought it from didn't know exactly how long was left on it and I never got the reminder letter (probably because it went to the dealers and they never told me), so the cops let me off with a warning. Nice guys.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

freeranger posted:

Correct Dubs.

Also, BOLD Prediction time from me.

Button is going to make it to Q3 at Monaco, and than retire on lap 7.

Button is going to score points in Monaco and be Mclarens top scoring driver at the end of the season.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Carth Dookie posted:

Eh.

I got pulled over on my motorcycle because the rego had expired and I hadn't realized it. In my case it was because I'd had it for less than 3 months and the dealership I'd bought it from didn't know exactly how long was left on it and I never got the reminder letter (probably because it went to the dealers and they never told me), so the cops let me off with a warning. Nice guys.

Lucky you, my old man got a $600 fine for an unregistered trailer (1 week out). Said to the cop he'd drive it straight to the RTA and get it done & the cop said he couldn't do anything about it. gently caress sake.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Button is going to score points in Monaco and be Mclarens top scoring driver at the end of the season.

That would equally heartbreaking and hilarious.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Halo14 posted:

Lucky you, my old man got a $600 fine for an unregistered trailer (1 week out). Said to the cop he'd drive it straight to the RTA and get it done & the cop said he couldn't do anything about it. gently caress sake.

$1200 fine here. Mine was a week overdue as well. They told me to do it online as soon as I got to work and I did. In hindsight I could have done it on my phone right there by the side of the road.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
You guys are getting me paranoid about running without an MOT because I havent gotten round to replacing my tyres am a lazy gently caress.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Human Grand Prix posted:

Jan Lammers is still racing?!?!? He had a strange F1 career.

He's not really, that car is a vanity project for the 3rd driver, they're off the back of the ELMS field.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Theophany posted:

You guys are getting me paranoid about running without an MOT because I havent gotten round to replacing my tyres am a lazy gently caress.

Never skimp on tyres or brakes. Ain't worth it.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carth Dookie posted:

Never skimp on tyres or brakes. Ain't worth it.

It's not a case of skimping, so much :effort: when the car hasn't moved for three weeks.

I'll get it pencilled in for next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Wirth1000 posted:

:) Good job, keep it up!

Also, why the gently caress is there cigarette chat going? And no Renault Mild Seven livery?!

More importantly to my fellow Canadians...

GET YOUR ASSES TO CANADA POST RIGHJT W UFCKING NOW!!!

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/f1-tm-in-canada.jsf

Check out those framed ones, god drat.

I was about to go to the post office in the building next door to check that out, then all of a sudden I realized "WTF is Hamilton doing here?" Sure, he's a great driver, but he doesn't belong in that group, at least not while he's still racing. Put in Prost, Rosberg (Sr.), Fangio, Nige, Hunt, Lauda, gently caress, even Bernie! Whoever... just not Lewis.

The framed GV one is pretty dope, though.

• Locked thread