Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

celewign posted:

Why does this game have such lovely controls? My computer can run everything on high, my internet is rock solid, all other games run great with good ping.

This game feels like I'm fighting the controls on a potato pc all the time. I run with graphics on low.

Same here. When I run any detail the game gets choppy. But my comp doesn't have any issues running anything else. Hell I can run Second Life on ultra with no issues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Atomizer posted:

Hmm, I'm wondering if it was Heroin laced/cut with Fentanyl, which is far more common nowadays. It's pretty odd to hear about a 35-year-old non-cancer-patient ODing on just Fentanyl.

Do you need help, Atomizer? We can get you the help you need to kick your addiction, because if you don't stop you're going to die. Hah just kidding, if we could do anything to stop our bad habits this thread would be dead.

SocketWrench posted:

Same here. When I run any detail the game gets choppy. But my comp doesn't have any issues running anything else. Hell I can run Second Life on ultra with no issues

:eyepop:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Stevefin posted:

The new MM is terrible out of prime time or low population severs, I get a lot of 10-13 teams across all tiers, below tier 6, your lucky to find a game at all

Now that you mentioned it, a couple of weeks ago we got in a 13v13 battle for some reason. It was like tier 8-9, although probably pretty late at night. The games before and after it were full. It was just weird because it wasn't super-obvious, and the whole time I'm thinking, "something's weird here, do the teams have fewer than 15 players?" without wanting to count them out, until whoever else I was platooning with asks it aloud and then we finally confirm it.

Hellsau posted:

Do you need help, Atomizer? We can get you the help you need to kick your addiction, because if you don't stop you're going to die. Hah just kidding, if we could do anything to stop our bad habits this thread would be dead.

I work in pharmacy. :ssh:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I work in pharmacy. :ssh:

Dear lord, that'd be like Polka working for some sort of store that sells World of Tanks tanks. You're doomed mate.

alternate joke: I always knew you were a drug dealer, that's how you can afford all those fancy pixel tanks.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Atomizer posted:

Hmm, I'm wondering if it was Heroin laced/cut with Fentanyl, which is far more common nowadays. It's pretty odd to hear about a 35-year-old non-cancer-patient ODing on Fentanyl

He could have been a nurse. My hospital had a nurse diverting it a few months ago, I'm sure it happens a lot.

E: just saw your spoilered posts, you know the drill.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Another day, another random battle featuring a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Picture the scene; you're using the M44 on Prokhorovka, happily blapping away at almost anything and everything your team spots (including some unfortunate bastard who's decided to park his Tiger (P) in the middle of the field), the score's an apparent dead-cert win at 13-6. Then some fucker pulls a plug somewhere and your team suddenly turns into the biggest pack of windowlicking mongo cretins imaginable, inexplicably deciding that slowly moving one-by-one over the centre ridge to try duelling a VK16.02 Leopard is the way to go, while some Ikv 90B racks up an easy Poole's Medal in the process.

I loving HATE this playerbase.

My only consolation in this loving debacle was ramming that Leopard (only achieved because his own brain went to sleep for a moment and he simply charged at me too) and shotgunning his loving turret off, even though I destroyed myself in the process. Then I loving RQ'd for the day. I have no idea how the game actually ended, but I doubt a crippled Pz. III/IV was about to score a miraculous victory.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Looks like they finally fixed the contact list issue, or at least mine.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
The SPG mission to stun 5 tanks which your allies then damage is pretty bad. Better not shoot soft or low HP targets cause they might just die! Better not shoot anyone not in LoS of my team cause then I get no assist. Shoot someone in the open with easy shots on him for half my team? No one hits/pens :qq: Should make it stun/damage combo so you don't need your shitters to help. The following mission is just stun 5 enemies, no need for damage, it's crazy.
E: Also just lost a capfast mines encounter with 12 of my team alive and 15 of theirs :argh:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 16, 2017

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Darkrenown posted:

The SPG mission to stun 5 tanks which your allies then damage is pretty bad. Better not shoot soft or low HP targets cause they might just die! Better not shoot anyone not in LoS of my team cause then I get no assist. Shoot someone in the open with easy shots on him for half my team? No one hits/pens :qq: Should make it stun/damage combo so you don't need your shitters to help. The following mission is just stun 5 enemies, no need for damage, it's crazy.
E: Also just lost a capfast mines encounter with 12 of my team alive and 15 of theirs :argh:

1. Play nothing but the 53/55. Arty problem solved.
2. Turn off encounter.
3. Uninstall because you may as well make 3 good decisions in a row.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mines encounter is the worst for that capfast poo poo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Mines encounter is the worst for that capfast poo poo.

Naw, south spawn is so hosed on Mines encounter that they're gonna lose 5+ tanks right off the bat. Prok Encounter runs a risk for an actual 30 player 0 damage match if one team is just all cowards and the other team sends someone onto the cap.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

rex rabidorum vires posted:

1. Play nothing but the 53/55. Arty problem solved.
2. Turn off encounter.
3. Uninstall because you may as well make 3 good decisions in a row.

1. Don't have it.
2. Handy for cap reset missions.
3. Sunk cost fallacy.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

post patch I've played pretty much nothing but arty since I now want a M53/55. I almost got 20 straight losses in my M44 but alas I got a team that shot red tanks now and then so my streak ended at 19. However! The next 3 were losses which made up for that disappointment somewhat. The M44 seems pretty good and I'm murderising my XVM selected targets and my win rate in it stands at 32% after 60ish battles. This game owns.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Naw, south spawn is so hosed on Mines encounter that they're gonna lose 5+ tanks right off the bat. Prok Encounter runs a risk for an actual 30 player 0 damage match if one team is just all cowards and the other team sends someone onto the cap.

I dunno, I think it's pretty difficult to pull off a successful cap on Prok encounter. The cap is so open that if a team wins the battle for it and then sits around to cap out they can get lit and taken apart pretty easily. It's so bad that if my team ever starts to cap I yell at them to push through to the enemy base.

On mines it's much more difficult to do anything about a team that's fast capping because there are so many buildings in the cap. The increase in arty blast radius might have changed this though.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
The Chrysler GF looks like a monster. Shame about the pen, but drat that armor.

http://tanks.gg/tank/chrysler-gf

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Fat Jesus posted:

post patch I've played pretty much nothing but arty since I now want a M53/55. I almost got 20 straight losses in my M44 but alas I got a team that shot red tanks now and then so my streak ended at 19. However! The next 3 were losses which made up for that disappointment somewhat. The M44 seems pretty good and I'm murderising my XVM selected targets and my win rate in it stands at 32% after 60ish battles. This game owns.

The m40/43 got hurt bad by the nerf. While the M44 does minor damage, it reloads in 17 seconds so you can actually help a flank. The m40/43 does minor damage every 40 seconds or so. It's really not fun, I sold mine. I don't know if the m53/55 and T92 improve on that.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Mesadoram posted:

Where's it come from?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

The badge on the front makes me wonder if it's going to be a reward tank for ~E-SPORTS~, or if that's going to be the 'bling-named' edition to the 'standard' one.

It's also going to be a snapshot machine - 1.82s stock aim time before BiA and VStab.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 17, 2017

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Where are all the goons at these days? I hate trying to solo this game. Discord or TS??

edit: Also should I trade my T-34 in for a different premium with the new trade in thing? I'd blow like 5k of my remaining 6k gold if I did it though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

What about the pen? It gets loving 260 pen APCR! The T32 gets the same AP pen and only 245 APCR. It's not like there are many other tier 8s that can face off with you where 260 APCR pen is a liability - it's enough to go through a Liberte upper plate at the usual angle, and the Chrysler is probably tall enough to just go for shots on a Defender's roof.

Also the Chrysler seems like the a prime candidate for HT-12. Only needs 4500 damage blocked and nothing at tier can pen its front when sticking out a rock at 45ish degrees, nearly nothing at tier 9 can pen its front at a 60 degree angle, and very few tier 7s and no 6s can pen its lower plate reliably unangled, even when assuming premium ammo. It's even got a hundred millimeters of side armor, so it can sidescrape if necessary.

Holy poo poo though, tier 8 clan wars is going to be loving awful. There's literally no non-arti non-premium tanks that are worth bringing anymore. Let's hope the fame requirements aren't too stringent because lol I don't want to pay $50 to suffer through clan wars for a bad tier 8 reward tank.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The badge on the front makes me wonder if it's going to be a reward tank for ~E-SPORTS~, or if that's going to be the 'bling-named' edition to the 'standard' one.

It's also going to be a snapshot machine - 1.82s stock aim time before BiA and VStab.

It's a GF tank, like the AMX 13 57 and M41 90, so it'll go one sale for the Grand Finals tournament broadcast.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 17, 2017

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Washout posted:

Where are all the goons at these days? I hate trying to solo this game. Discord or TS??

edit: Also should I trade my T-34 in for a different premium with the new trade in thing? I'd blow like 5k of my remaining 6k gold if I did it though.

It's a horrible system - you only get 50% of your trade-in's value or something retarded like that. You'd be better off waiting for a 15% off sale.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's a horrible system - you only get 50% of your trade-in's value or something retarded like that. You'd be better off waiting for a 15% off sale.

Yeah better off buying premium if I decide to play again I guess.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i just had a good game in maus if you want to see a maus press W and left mouse button tanks while being up in their grill you might find this interesting http://wotreplays.com/site/3590226#cliff-turmoilx-maus

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 17, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

gently caress pubbies.

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 17, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey you know that Chrysler GF tank that is basically immortal? Apparently it gets loving 20 HP/t. loving Jesus Christ Wargaming at least make the pay2win less obvious.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Just a question because I've never actually seen it happen. Is it possible to kill a whole crew? I smacked a Hellcat with my S-51 and cut off 3/4s of his health and got a shitload of crits on him and he sat there not moving after that till one of my lights popped him.
If you can't kill a whole crew, i take full pleasure in knowing I got someone to rage quit

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

SocketWrench posted:

Just a question because I've never actually seen it happen. Is it possible to kill a whole crew? I smacked a Hellcat with my S-51 and cut off 3/4s of his health and got a shitload of crits on him and he sat there not moving after that till one of my lights popped him.
If you can't kill a whole crew, i take full pleasure in knowing I got someone to rage quit

Yes you can kill an entire crew, it's just extremely difficult on a tank with more than two crew members. Check the after battle report, hover over the crits you did on whatever player you think you crew killed and see if all their crew members show up dead.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

iirc there's one-shot protection so you can't kill the entire crew in one shot at a fresh tank. if he was already down one guy you can get the rest though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

iirc there's one-shot protection so you can't kill the entire crew in one shot at a fresh tank. if he was already down one guy you can get the rest though.

I believe that only holds for full penning shots, with splashes not caring about your crew at all. A penning shot can only kill....three? crew member maximum for a normal shot. This was a problem like three years ago when people were just getting massacred by artillery killing their crew from small splashes.

Then again there's nothing about limiting the number of crew killed on the battle mechanics wiki page so who the gently caress knows anymore.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

actually documenting how the game works has never been wg's thing

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hellsau posted:

I believe that only holds for full penning shots, with splashes not caring about your crew at all. A penning shot can only kill....three? crew member maximum for a normal shot. This was a problem like three years ago when people were just getting massacred by artillery killing their crew from small splashes.

Then again there's nothing about limiting the number of crew killed on the battle mechanics wiki page so who the gently caress knows anymore.

That was a fun couple of weeks. Just about every shot from a SPG or a good sized HE round would kill crew.
Only tank I've ever had actually die to crew death is the Pz38H, and that was from getting hit by HE for about a minute straight.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I've had my entire crew killed exactly twice, once in a very very low tier french tank (one of them that has only 2 crew members) back when the french tanks first came out, and once about a year ago in the Tetrarch, where some autocannon motherfucker managed to nail all 3 in one burst. :argh:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Nope, injured two. I made someone rage quit

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I posted a pic ages back of when my crusader (?) got derped by a M4 or similar and the entire crew died so my tank was 'destroyed' even though I had some HP left.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hellsau posted:

I raced for the cap on El Halluf in my t50 once and sat there for the entire 4 minutes as my team massacred every tank that came to try and stop me.

Then I turned off assault and encounter and have had a lot more fun.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

I have been crew killed before, its and odd experience, and took me a moment, as you don't get blown up, and your tank keeps the health it has. I am not sure if it becomes a invincible wreck, or it can still take damage until it explodes like normal

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Washout posted:

Discord. PM me in-game for Discord and PANSY invites.

SocketWrench posted:

While it typically happens to low tier tanks with 2-3 crew members, it actually happened to my STA-1 a couple months ago; I posted about it here. It's odd that it happened at tier 8, but it only has 4 crewmen and I had gotten derped twice by a shitter in a T49 in a steamroll loss. I was down 2-3 guys after the first hit and just said "gently caress it" because I only had one kit and was hosed anyway, and his next shot was a non-pen that killed the remaining 1-2 dudes but left me with like 400 HP.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah the only time I've had my whole crew killed was in the ELC which is only a 2 man crew.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I rolled my PZ1C on my alt account and killed my crew. My tank hull stayed around with all its HP, but I was dead. That's actually pretty realistic - pretty sure the crew is gonna get knocked out or worse if an eight ton vehicle rolls over a few times going 70 kmph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Stevefin posted:

I have been crew killed before, its and odd experience, and took me a moment, as you don't get blown up, and your tank keeps the health it has. I am not sure if it becomes a invincible wreck, or it can still take damage until it explodes like normal
Still takes damage until it explodes. Same with drowned vehicles, and in both cases you get nothing in regards to xp/credits for actually destroying them anyway. Although I think it does add up on the other guy's repair bill so it's still worth destroying it, at least from a malicious "suffer you loving pubbie" perspective.