Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Unfortunately, you generally get a zero listing fee in the UK, so they are losing out on money, and they can see if you've has someone asking about addresses or phone numbers - I specifically asked about all the listing with contact details in the description, and apparently THAT is a breach of policy too.

But your attitude is the one I took with them, and they're just not bloody interested. All they want to do us threaten people with account suspension for breaching a policy that really doesn't work for certain types of sale.

It's a pretty typical computer-says-no scenario.

Well, I got nothing. eBay's not nearly as relevant or be-all, end-all as they want to believe they are. They seem to be actively alienating users who don't happen to be businesses. They used to be great for all us small-time sellers, but now you're poo poo unless you're selling stuff constantly.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Cool as poo poo.

Thanks. I like my cheap cop car. Needs to be lowered a couple inches, which I will do when I feel like spending $400 on springs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Cool. New page.

It seems people forgot who I used to be. Have a goddamned refresher.

http://imgur.com/a/PLUBi
http://imgur.com/a/kiF2c

Next time some people wanna talk some goddamn poo poo there will be third album full of csb's dick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bought a squat rack. Tired of hurting myself doing this poo poo improperly. Let's hope I don't lose my motivation.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

cursedshitbox posted:

Next time some people wanna talk some goddamn poo poo there will be third album full of csb's dick.

I'm gonna need a few more monitors.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

rdb posted:

Also on the bike chat, I have something similar to that hybrid posted earlier, what specifically do you recommend for tires if I have to ride gravel? I have some skinny Michelin Road tires on it now and haven't touched it since moving because of that.

Gravel specific bikes and tires are all the rage right now so there are a ton of options. Mainly they have a fairly smooth center tread to roll well with some side knobs for cornering, and are wider than standard road tires. This is one of the original light off road touring tires:

http://clementcycling.com/xplor-mso

And named for my local airport. I use a few different Clements on my CX bike and like them quite a bit. WTB nano and riddler, a bunch of stuff by compass and panaracer are also good options.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I should've bought a cyclo cross bike really, I bought a road bike and ride it like my mountainbike and it's not quite up to the task. I exploded a spoke nipple out of the rim a couple of weeks ago, killed a set of (obviously faulty) carbon forks and the bars are bent slightly. I'm in 'buy new bits or replace bike?' mode

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

Cool. New page.

What spurred this? I need a backstory, because without context, it looks like the saddest post of the thread (even sadder than Enourmo's grades).

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

cursedshitbox posted:

Cool. New page.

I wasn't talking poo poo, I swear - also, good to see you. Pop into IRC a bit man - miss shooting the poo poo with you.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I should've bought a cyclo cross bike really, I bought a road bike and ride it like my mountainbike and it's not quite up to the task. I exploded a spoke nipple out of the rim a couple of weeks ago, killed a set of (obviously faulty) carbon forks and the bars are bent slightly. I'm in 'buy new bits or replace bike?' mode

It's not unknown for me to use my road bike offroad. Other than tyre width, there's really not that much that makes a cyclocross bike that much better for light offroading. Now I'm sure someone will go but but but.... sorry but hardly anyone will know the difference riding a cyclocross bike vs a roadie.

Exactly like that. The only thing I'd want is disc brakes and I'd have no problem with it on a fire trail. This frame has 22,000 kms on it, the shifters 50,000, the deraileurs 30,000, front cluster and cranks 25,000 and the bars 29,000. Okay I'm not going to go single trail mad drops on it but there's no reason why a road bike cant do gravel.

That is also my commuter bike and it gets a right battering and a lot of potholes and gutter jumping. And hey, road bike party shows a roadie can take a HUGE hammering and shrug it off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Cool. New page.

:allears: I never forgot, lover.

Nobody steps to CSB :colbert:

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 13:26 on May 17, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Guess I'm not meant to have ac. Woke up to a warm apartment. Breaker was tripped.

Reset breaker, commence pants making GBS threads when the blueish-green magic pixies came out to say hi. :stare:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 17, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it's 9:45a and already 75F outside PRAISE BE 2 GOD HALLELUJAH

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

funny Star Wars parody posted:

it's 9:45a and already 75F outside PRAISE BE 2 GOD HALLELUJAH

Hey look summertime is back.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
gently caress summer, Spring is better.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i want it to be 30-34C all year round and i can't wait for global warming to make this even more possible

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i want it to be 30-34C all year round and i can't wait for global warming to make this even more possible

Just move to Florida

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
A buddy of mine is buying this for a thousand dollars.

I'm giving it a month of regular driving before either it's completely dead or at least requires more than a thousand dollars of repair. Over/under on one month?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

CornHolio posted:

A buddy of mine is buying this for a thousand dollars.

I'm giving it a month of regular driving before either it's completely dead or at least requires more than a thousand dollars of repair. Over/under on one month?

If he is not willing to work on it himself, and it will break, tell him to pass.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

If he is not willing to work on it himself, and it will break, tell him to pass.

I did, and he did pass, but the guy is desperate and my friend is crazy.

He has two other vehicles (a Jimmy with a badly slipping transmission and a CR-V with a blown head gasket) and he wants this to last just while his Jimmy is getting the transmission fixed, and really I'm more curious than anything at this point.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enourmo posted:

Just move to Florida

it's going to be underwater soon, whereas michigan has lots of fresh water and will be the new florida (also the home of the coming water wars where texas tries to annex michigan but california just isnt having it)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

it's going to be underwater soon, whereas michigan has lots of fresh water and will be the new florida (also the home of the coming water wars where texas tries to annex michigan but california just isnt having it)

:ssh: Most of the fresh water is going to be contaminated due to Climate Change, especially the Great Lakes and groundwater. Sorry.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

What if I made a rocket glider

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

:ssh: Most of the fresh water is going to be contaminated due to Climate Change, especially the Great Lakes and groundwater. Sorry.

please stop you're ruining my narrative

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

michigan has lots of fresh water

Not in Flint!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

gently caress now i have to contact my publisher for a revision

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

By the time that happens don't you think there will be desalination plants everywhere?

That's assuming that all happens before World War 3 destroys the planet tho.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Seminal Flu posted:

What spurred this? I need a backstory, because without context, it looks like the saddest post of the thread (even sadder than Enourmo's grades).

Goons harrassing me offsite about what crazy i've stuck my dick in when I've far more important poo poo to deal with like grades, so I found a little window of time to upload a couple photos.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Goons harrassing me offsite about what crazy i've stuck my dick in when I've far more important poo poo to deal with like grades, so I found a little window of time to upload a couple photos.

Nobody messes with CSB, NOBODY

Applebees Appetizer posted:

By the time that happens don't you think there will be desalination plants everywhere?

That's assuming that all happens before World War 3 destroys the planet tho.

Still largely screws everyone not near a major body of water, since large amounts of drinking water is from groundwater.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cursedshitbox posted:

At least you've stuck your dick in things. A lot of the offsite goons are emblematic of the goony stereotype.

Carry on with doing stuff, that's better than others talking about you doing stuff.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

cursedshitbox posted:

Cool. New page.

so much pain.

What godless soul does this to another man's car?

and HOW? I was parallel parked, and this is the driver's side door.

I also spent 4 hours at the DMV this morning. They somehow managed to get someone else's name and address on my new trailer's title and took their sweet time figuring out how to remedy it. They didn't have full sized trailer plates, only mini, and told me that there is no possible way to get novelty plates for a trailer which I'm pretty sure is incorrect.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

It snowed last night in Salt Lake. :lol: to summer :smith: It looks like they teased a new season of Arrested Development and at first glance it sounds like they will go back to the old format. This pleases me immensely.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

http://masterlist.co is dangerous -- I just added three impulse items to the zip ties I ordered from McMaster.

edit: boo, their cert is hosed.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Safety Dance posted:

http://masterlist.co is dangerous -- I just added three impulse items to the zip ties I ordered from McMaster.

edit: boo, their cert is hosed.

This is the most confusing thing I have seen on the internet today, and that includes this article:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
how do you make it spin in your butt

h
o
w

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

BraveUlysses posted:

h
o
w

before or after?

regardless I bet it's a pain in the rear end.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

BraveUlysses posted:

h
o
w

...Goatse-man had spent his whole life training for this very moment.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

h
o
w

Get Five Guys in your mouth first.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

InitialDave posted:

Large volume, tough carcass, tread that fits in with where you ride when not on gravel.

What tax? :smug:

Bastard. 101fc becomes free in 2018

quote:

26", 7 speed? Double check your dropout width and I can probably give you a freebie.

It is 26". Once I have looked up what the dropout width is I shall measure it!
It might be 7 speed but I only use like 5 of them because the gear change is too sloppy and I can't get them all....

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

It is 26". Once I have looked up what the dropout width is I shall measure it!
It might be 7 speed but I only use like 5 of them because the gear change is too sloppy and I can't get them all....
Basically width between the frame where the wheel slots in, though as frames can have some flex with no wheel, it's best measured with the wheel in there. Older 7 speed MTBs stand a chance of being either 130mm or the later 135mm.

I have a 130mm wheel sat doing nothing, but it's got a long enough (non-QR) axle you can add a spacer to make it 135mm, which I've done one way or another swapping it between bikes. Anyway, you can have it if you need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

h
o
w

He was trying to sit and spin apparently

• Locked thread