Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Scapulor posted:

e: Ugh, I'm not funny.

I just wrote and deleted a post that involves an old commercial for OPB with this kid on the bus who totally owns the bus driver

Don't feel too bad I mean, Frontline is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

Baloogan posted:

...that feel when you are on the wrong side of history ...

the right move here is to go to the next standoff and play some woody guthrie; see if we can't get them singing "this land is your land, this land is my land" and "if i had a hammer"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

they're going to be brutally mowed down next time they do this

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baloogan posted:

Please describe it for the rest of us.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
alternatively: the US federal government has never shitted on anyone, never treated anyone unfairly, and isn't bad but really really good and there is never any reason to oppose them

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the USG tazered these guys' laywer in the courtroom right after they won

i mean, come on. that was torture. they tortured their lawyer for winning.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you guys would make great nazis

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The U.S. did bad things to Native Americans, therefore the Nazis were good for declaring war on the U.S..

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is there a Tony the Tiger but for nazis?

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah I'm 15 minutes in and pretty much already gently caress this noise.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Platystemon posted:

The U.S. did bad things to Native Americans, therefore the Nazis were good for declaring war on the U.S..

Ah, the International Communist League on ISIS strategy.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if the bundies harmed anyone (aside from their dumb selves) id be right with ya on condemning em. dozens of idiots with guns squatted in a building for a couple of months and literally no one got injured aside from whats left of their pride and one shot dead by the feds?

these guys went FAR out of their way to be hella peaceful while protesting

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i mean they occupied public property under explicit threat of violence as a protest against paying taxes they agreed to pay at the inception of the contract

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They terrorised the sheriff’s wife and some other citizens.

Tarpman tried to shoot an officer of the law.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

i mean they occupied public property under explicit threat of violence as a protest against paying taxes they agreed to pay at the inception of the contract

...and found innocent of that by trial...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baloogan posted:

It’s cool and good that juries can nullify laws, but that doesn’t mean the actions didn’t actually happen.

Plus they weren’t even charged with most of the crimes we have live video of them committing.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump should pardon them all except for the collaborators

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Baloogan posted:

yeah they'll go in guns blazing next time because these idiots will only be emboldened

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Baloogan posted:

trump should pardon them all except for the collaborators

:agreed:

They’ll get themselves shot by lawmen eventually.

And if they shoot someone first that just discredits everyone associated with them.

It’s not like they’re going to shoot me.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Baloogan posted:

if the bundies harmed anyone (aside from their dumb selves) id be right with ya on condemning em. dozens of idiots with guns squatted in a building for a couple of months and literally no one got injured aside from whats left of their pride and one shot dead by the feds?

It's not so much that they were peaceful, as that they're mostly all cowards waiting for someone else to make the first move.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ScrubLeague posted:

*In extremely McConaughey voice*

Now imagine they're black

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

syscall girl posted:

*In extremely McConaughey voice*

Now imagine they're black

That's enough to get Reagan to enact gun control laws three times over!

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
https://theintercept.com/2017/05/16/the-bizarre-story-behind-the-fbis-fake-documentary-about-the-bundy-family/

lol what the hell

the FBI impersonated a Documentary crew to try and get incriminating statements. Amazing.

literal DEEP STATE FAKE NEWS

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Laphroaig posted:

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/16/the-bizarre-story-behind-the-fbis-fake-documentary-about-the-bundy-family/

lol what the hell

the FBI impersonated a Documentary crew to try and get incriminating statements. Amazing.

literal DEEP STATE FAKE NEWS

I can barely follow this thread but that's not fake news that's old news.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

syscall girl posted:

I can barely follow this thread but that's not fake news that's old news.

its my first time hearing about it, I thought the FBI had backed down from impersonating journalists after the big stink was raised about it in 2014

but obviously they did not

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Laphroaig posted:

its my first time hearing about it, I thought the FBI had backed down from impersonating journalists after the big stink was raised about it in 2014

but obviously they did not

It's dirty dastardly stuff but it has been covered already.

it feels like "oh you scummy fed bastards you're taking the piss out of legitimate journalisms"

Ah well I mean, it's the Bundys so I can be on your side for this but seriously don't gently caress up journalism please, fellas?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It's not so much that they were peaceful, as that they're mostly all cowards waiting for someone else to make the first move.

also law enforcement went really far out of their way to make sure these idiots couldn't endanger anyone besides themselves and the poor officers they were pointing guns at

syscall girl posted:

It's dirty dastardly stuff but it has been covered already.

it feels like "oh you scummy fed bastards you're taking the piss out of legitimate journalisms"

Ah well I mean, it's the Bundys so I can be on your side for this but seriously don't gently caress up journalism please, fellas?

on the other hand, it's not like they impersonated journalists to get access to plant bugs or something like that. I feel like if you're talking directly to a camera with the full expectation that the footage will be used in a publicly released documentary, you can't really complain when that footage ends up in a courtroom

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baloogan posted:

alternatively: the US federal government has never shitted on anyone, never treated anyone unfairly, and isn't bad but really really good and there is never any reason to oppose them

Declared an artllery strike on miners

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The only way the USG ever gets better and less tyrannical is going to be through Trump events and dumb poo poo like this.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Baloogan posted:

The Rajneeshees waved guns around and tried to hijack local politics while claiming to be peaceful too.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

The Rajneeshees waved guns around and tried to hijack local politics while claiming to be peaceful too.

takes me back

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

darren wilson was innocent

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Declared an artllery strike on miners

Yeah but those were striking union workers. It only counts when the government goes after god-fearing patriots :colbert:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

They were involved in a little poisoning on the side, if memory serves.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

They were involved in a little poisoning on the side, if memory serves.

They did some restaurant that was already gonna serve you e. coli like Sizzler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCjBspxuUmU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Baloogan posted:

found not guilty, not innocent

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Also it was neither, a verdict wasn't rendered in the overwhelming majority of the cases.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Beowulfs_Ghost posted:

I used to go to college in some of their old buildings.

They still reeked of incense.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

found not guilty, not innocent

Yes, but someone is innocent until proven guilty. So they're weren't "found" innocent as that was the initial presumption going in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Raldikuk posted:

Yes, but someone is innocent until proven guilty. So they're weren't "found" innocent as that was the initial presumption going in.

Is Aaron Hernandez innocent? 🤔