Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

HUMAN FISH posted:

May I interest you in some ELF SACK clothes?

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=elf+sack

Only the finest brands.

That model is kind of scary but also kind of pretty

She might actually be an elf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Got a cheap kitchy coin bank.

Got extra stuff that is almost better than what I ordered.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

These are honestly a lot better than the styfoam heads. Heads fall over if you look at them sideways. I didnt grab the cheapest one, just the first example.

I was going to crack a joke about them doing double duty to display my gimp mask collection. But, the selection of gimp masks on Aliexpress seems a little inadequate. Something about this one strikes me as a bit off though. Maybe it's the color. Would sure look funny with a bright purple wig hanging off it though.

Serious(ish) reply, thanks for the heads up on the heads. I'll look for some stands like the one you linked.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Duh Ugh posted:

I was going to crack a joke about them doing double duty to display my gimp mask collection. But, the selection of gimp masks on Aliexpress seems a little inadequate. Something about this one strikes me as a bit off though. Maybe it's the color. Would sure look funny with a bright purple wig hanging off it though.

Serious(ish) reply, thanks for the heads up on the heads. I'll look for some stands like the one you linked.

Haha holy poo poo, everyone click that. Kinky Klu Klux Klan Demon.

I don't think those frames would work for gimp masks. I tried putting a luchadore mask on one once, it.. didn't go well.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
In Winter my house gets pretty damp (it's old and draughty) so I buy these tubs of calcium chloride to put in the cupboards and closets to absorb some of the moisture in the air. They tend to fill up pretty quickly and need to be refilled monthly. If I buy a metric ton of calcium chloride from Ali Baba, what's the likelihood of it actually being calcium chloride? Also, where do you store a metric ton of calcium chloride when you're not using it? I guess I'll have to find someone on Ali Baba to sell me some steel drums or something.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

So my first orders arrived, allowing me to showcase my love of japanese artwork, and fast food.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Maybe you'd be better off investing in a proper dehumidifier? - expensive, but probably worth it.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I think we can test to see if it's calcium chloride fairly easily though, let me wake up and think about how to test it.

Edit: I'm buried in work, will circle back around to this later.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 17, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Helios Grime posted:

Got a cheap kitchy coin bank.

Got extra stuff that is almost better than what I ordered.

Did they really hand write that for you?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

Did they really hand write that for you?

Na, It's just a copy.
I don't know if I should feel relieved or sad because of this.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i think i am that baby

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Helios Grime posted:

Na, It's just a copy.
I don't know if I should feel relieved or sad because of this.

I hope you gave them five stars :kimchi:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Snowy posted:

I hope you gave them five stars :kimchi:

Seriously, that's the most adorable pack-in I think I've ever seen. Banana deserves all the stars!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I might order something from them just for the note

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Of course i gave them all the stars.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Back once again to showcase how much I'm killing it at fashion, this time with this T-Shirts Women Summer Fashion Japanese Harajuku Cute Soft Milk Box Print Loose Short Sleeve Girl T shirt Tops Camisetas.

I ordered the smallest size, and it's just a bit too big for me, but I don't think it's anything life ending. I do seem to be having the opposite experience of everyone else getting clothing that's too small, though! I don't understand the link between a carton of milk and 'ganbatte' so I hope it's not some kind of horrible innuendo.

The shirt does smell, but it smells like herbs rather than death gas so I don't mind it so much. It's also soft, not quite but almost like cotton.

(That phone case is from AliExpress too, but it was ordered before I really understood what this site was, I just came to find it was the only website with cases for the model of phone I have.)

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Killingyouguy! posted:

Back once again to showcase how much I'm killing it at fashion, this time with this T-Shirts Women Summer Fashion Japanese Harajuku Cute Soft Milk Box Print Loose Short Sleeve Girl T shirt Tops Camisetas.

I ordered the smallest size, and it's just a bit too big for me, but I don't think it's anything life ending. I do seem to be having the opposite experience of everyone else getting clothing that's too small, though! I don't understand the link between a carton of milk and 'ganbatte' so I hope it's not some kind of horrible innuendo.

The shirt does smell, but it smells like herbs rather than death gas so I don't mind it so much. It's also soft, not quite but almost like cotton.

(That phone case is from AliExpress too, but it was ordered before I really understood what this site was, I just came to find it was the only website with cases for the model of phone I have.)

Lol you don't know what means :laffo: Nobody say anything! I'm just kidding I don't either. Probably some typical nonsensical silly​ shirt :)

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
It's from some weeaboo shop
http://milkclub.storenvy.com/

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Nettle Soup posted:

Maybe you'd be better off investing in a proper dehumidifier? - expensive, but probably worth it.

Look, yes, I could do that. But if I'm not entrusting my health and wellbeing to sacks of Chinese mystery minerals am I really living?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

cyberia posted:

Look, yes, I could do that. But if I'm not entrusting my health and wellbeing to sacks of Chinese mystery minerals am I really living?

You'll certainly be living longer...

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The first Chinese Emperor drank mercury to achieve immortality.

Take a loving risk, be like Qin Shi Huangdi

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Which one was it that never took baths and only washed his dick by having sex with virgins only?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Helios Grime posted:

Which one was it that never took baths and only washed his dick by having sex with virgins only?

I only know of one that banged a few hundred and got immortality out of that disappointing, bloody mess.

There is probably a correlation.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Helios Grime posted:

Mao

batmansdrawers
Jan 1, 2006

Y-Y-Y-Yoda

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol you don't know what means :laffo: Nobody say anything! I'm just kidding I don't either. Probably some typical nonsensical silly​ shirt :)

がんばって

That's my guess.

for sale
Nov 25, 2007
I AM A SHOPLIFTER

cyberia posted:

In Winter my house gets pretty damp (it's old and draughty) so I buy these tubs of calcium chloride to put in the cupboards and closets to absorb some of the moisture in the air. They tend to fill up pretty quickly and need to be refilled monthly. If I buy a metric ton of calcium chloride from Ali Baba, what's the likelihood of it actually being calcium chloride? Also, where do you store a metric ton of calcium chloride when you're not using it? I guess I'll have to find someone on Ali Baba to sell me some steel drums or something.

You can probably get a sample from the supplier. If you don't have some chemistry student you can bother to react it with a bunch of stuff you can send it to an analytics lab. Depending on the test and company it could be anywhere from like $50 and up (last i checked). If you got a really good deal they probably cut it with something, so this would be the only way to determine the purity of what you have.
If you don't want to put that much time or money into it you can do a flame test, where you put a little on something nonflammable like a metal rod and put that over a hot blue flame. If you got an orange reddish color it's probably calcium chloride. If it's a brighter yellow color they might have given you salt. If it's any other color it should probably not be stored near food anyway. Also it should completely dissolve in water and alcohols (salt won't as readily dissolve in alcohol)(maybe everclear if you can get it?). I'm just an undergrad so I might be missing something.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Helios Grime posted:

Yeah that was Mao and the girls had to lie about their age as his aides didn't want to get girls as young as he was asking for.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

for sale posted:

You can probably get a sample from the supplier. If you don't have some chemistry student you can bother to react it with a bunch of stuff you can send it to an analytics lab. Depending on the test and company it could be anywhere from like $50 and up (last i checked). If you got a really good deal they probably cut it with something, so this would be the only way to determine the purity of what you have.
If you don't want to put that much time or money into it you can do a flame test, where you put a little on something nonflammable like a metal rod and put that over a hot blue flame. If you got an orange reddish color it's probably calcium chloride. If it's a brighter yellow color they might have given you salt. If it's any other color it should probably not be stored near food anyway. Also it should completely dissolve in water and alcohols (salt won't as readily dissolve in alcohol)(maybe everclear if you can get it?). I'm just an undergrad so I might be missing something.

That sounds like a lot of trouble. Just taste it. Humans are able to taste calcium, so see if it tastes calcium-ish.

Of course if it doesn't taste like calcium you've just put chinese mystery powder in your mouth and will probably die. So do the right thing and use your last few moments to leave bad feedback.

for sale
Nov 25, 2007
I AM A SHOPLIFTER
poo poo you're right, I missed the most important chemistry lab procedure: the taste test.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

What

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I wanna buy a windmill generator and hook it up to my balls so i can feel when the earth breathes

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Killingyouguy! posted:

I ordered the smallest size, and it's just a bit too big for me

lol the only time this will ever be uttered about Aliexpress sizing ITT.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Eh, I've ordered my Seinfeld Grips a size over what I'd usually wear (S->M) and am wondering both whether I'd fit aliexpress S size just fine and if the legend of Asian sizing is really borne out of some countries (such as US and Germany, from my limited experience) skewing their sizing scale towards fat people.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Lichtenstein posted:

Eh, I've ordered my Seinfeld Grips a size over what I'd usually wear (S->M) and am wondering both whether I'd fit aliexpress S size just fine and if the legend of Asian sizing is really borne out of some countries (such as US and Germany, from my limited experience) skewing their sizing scale towards fat people.

It heavily depends on the target market and brand for said clothing.

I'm a German L, and an US L as well(the US L is a bit baggy tho, but M is too small). Asian Ls are too small at the arm pits for me, otherwise they fit well. I'm 10kg too fat for my size, but not morbidly healthy in terms of goonness.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

To be completely fair, I looked at the measurements they provided on the page and knew beforehand that S would be a little too big, but they didn't have an XS, which is my usual Canadian size too. I wanted my good luck milk shirt.

and now I'm glad to know it was ripped off of some weeaboo bullshit store because wow some of that poo poo's creepy.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

I feel there's a lot of 'mafia/counterfeit are going to con me' sentiment in this thread.

Isn't 90% of alibabas merchant income generally dropshipping/whitelabel business? Why the animosity?

Sure, it's cheap, but is it "mix arsenic into the plastic" cheap?

Sure, there's some 'this smells like death reanimated' stench from some boxes, but given most of the cheap poo poo on amazon prime is the same garbage, is there much difference between that and alibaba? Other than the 200% markup?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't really get it personally, all the stuff I've gotten from AliExpress seems fine and no different than the poo poo you'd get at Target which is selling the same merchandise just for 5x as much.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

its a joke

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I just got the air filter for my lawn mower that I forgot I ordered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Horse Clocks posted:

I feel there's a lot of 'mafia/counterfeit are going to con me' sentiment in this thread.

Isn't 90% of alibabas merchant income generally dropshipping/whitelabel business? Why the animosity?

Sure, it's cheap, but is it "mix arsenic into the plastic" cheap?

Sure, there's some 'this smells like death reanimated' stench from some boxes, but given most of the cheap poo poo on amazon prime is the same garbage, is there much difference between that and alibaba? Other than the 200% markup?

China.