Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I like this team a lot, really. Tons of younger up and comers so hopefully they can do ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I'm thinking about ordering the Wagner kit for a cool €135.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The only player from that entire team that I'd consider above average is Kimmich but then I kept thinking of him as a good player even after his first big CL mistakes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tahirovic posted:

The only player from that entire team that I'd consider above average is Kimmich but then I kept thinking of him as a good player even after his first big CL mistakes.

Hector, Can, Rudy, Werner all had pretty good seasons? I mean they're all unproven internationally but that seems like kind of the point, younger players that have been playing well getting a chance to prove their worth.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Tahirovic posted:

Dude, Goretzka, Brandt, and Sáne are definitely real good players.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Healbot posted:

Dude, Goretzka, Brandt, and Sáne are definitely real good players.

Yeah, them too.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I would rate ter Stegen as above average as well. Only he somehow seems to be cursed to always play like poo poo when wearing the Nationalmannschaftstrikot.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Torrannor posted:

I would rate ter Stegen as above average as well. Only he somehow seems to be cursed to always play like poo poo when wearing the Nationalmannschaftstrikot.

Let me tell you right now that he plays the same when in a Gladbach or Barca kit.

It's rather easy to see he's not comfortable on the ball but everyone wants this fellow who's one strength is reflexes to play like Neuer.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
No Timo Horn?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The cutoff might have been EL/CL games, also all goalkeepers behind Neuer need to be available at all times, what with the big cliff in quality after him lmao.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also loving lmao Demirbay has been nominated by both German and Turkish FA, so expect further hilaritylots of boring rear end political bullshit.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 14:21 on May 17, 2017

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Trapp
Rüdiger-Süle-Mustafi
Kimmich-Rudy-Can-Hector
Sane-Werner-Draxler

Looks like a pretty decent team tbh and should get us to the final? Draxler has the most caps of that team (28) and most goals at 3 lol

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I really like the look of that team TBH, hopefully the young guys can show what they're made of.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You better believe Wagner is gonna start all games.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
He's never been with the national team though and as we all know Jogi likes to rely on players with team experience. If only Poldi had not retired yet he would be the perfect captain :D

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
BIBI!

:allears:

also :holymoley: those wages

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

ephex posted:

also :holymoley: those wages

A lot of the people that the refs deal with in the Bundesliga will earn much more than that. Add to that all the poo poo that they get on average every weekend I actually don't mind that they are paid well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
So the powers that be at Milan have supposedly done a deal for Ricardo Rodriguez with Wolfsburg. Looking at the table, signing a defender from Wolfsburg seems insanely bad. All i know about him is from watching Switzerland play now and then and thinking "Rodriguez? They'll naturalize anyone!"

So is he any good or is he just another clown man to add to the clown man squad at Milan clown school?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Gigi Galli posted:

So the powers that be at Milan have supposedly done a deal for Ricardo Rodriguez with Wolfsburg. Looking at the table, signing a defender from Wolfsburg seems insanely bad. All i know about him is from watching Switzerland play now and then and thinking "Rodriguez? They'll naturalize anyone!"

So is he any good or is he just another clown man to add to the clown man squad at Milan clown school?

He's generally been pretty good but Wolfsburg has been a trash fire this year so who knows at this point.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

He's indeed a great fit for the Milanese Clown Circus.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

And I mean the one that'll turn into a trash fire once everyone knows the investor is broke and won't be paying a single dime to Berlusconi.

So a net win for everyone.

Healbot fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 19, 2017

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Healbot posted:

And I mean the one that'll turn into a trash fire once everyone knows the investor is broken and won't be paying a single dime to Berlusconi.

So a net win for everyone.

Berlusconi's already been paid off, the investors owe an American investment fund 120 million Euros at something like 7%, lol

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

He's Spanish on one side, Chileanen on his other side but grew up in a district in the north of Zurich, him and his brothers are your average Swiss with migration background.

A very talented player who mostly seems to suffer from Wolfsburg being utter poo poo, but I would have prefered him in Spain, not Italy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Tahirovic posted:

He's Spanish on one side, Chileanen on his other side but grew up in a district in the north of Zurich, him and his brothers are your average Swiss with migration background.

I'm just loving around, we have dudes playing for Italy who's only ties with the country are Italian great grandmothers that died before they were born.

Thanks for the info, lads.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
He's a great left back, but for some reason he's mostly been playing as a center back this season, where he's pretty poo poo.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Heute bin ich Wolfsburger, morgen Heidenheimer :smugdon:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Rule for the last round is that the games are only 25minutes right? We can keep the current results?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Watching HSV-Wolfsbufg this is a shitshow of a match. Predicting at least two Hamburg players to get sent off regardless of result, they are mental wrecks already after half an hour

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Papadopoulos as usual seems like one of the only players, that is truly fighting against relegation. Which is a bit hilarious considering he is only on loan.

But HSV has gotten a lot better ever since Djourou was washed down the drain, where he belongs. Still not a great side, but with a decent defensive signing next season, I have hopes it won't be this tight again*.

(*if they dont just relegate now of course)

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Wolfsburg beat Real Madrid in a CL quarter final match last season :psyduck:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Havertz :3:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Maybe we can relegate Hamburg and Wolfsburg and keep Frings in the Bundesliga?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

They won't get that woman and her stage off the pitch for Bayern and Freiburg and the ref looks like a goober.

~signed a goober~

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Tahirovic posted:

Maybe we can relegate Hamburg and Wolfsburg and keep Frings in the Bundesliga?

American hero Bobby Wood will keep HSV up.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lmao Schalke and good job Fährmann.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bremen :eyepop:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013