Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the spec work thing about the workshop is 100% true but i was banging that drum long before this JOHNNY POST LATELY got his little polygon article!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/Conro101/status/861804393154347010

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Quest For Glory II posted:

JOHNNY POST LATELY

Lmao

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm really surprised no one ever bothered to mod the LA Noire interrogation options back to what they originally were so that they make sense.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

X-Com Terror From The Deep has such an amazing aesthetic, it's a shame about the game's mechanical failings though I am glad that openXCOM exists for those who want to try to overcome said issues.

If I had the drive and wasn't a lazy talentless hack I would totally try to make that dumb full conversion "X-Com 3" openXCOM mod idea I had but lol, I'm smart enough by now to know that I'm never gonna get past the ideas stage of any kind of game project

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
From elsewhere, a couple of good point on Valve

CrashCat posted:

valve is so not your friend that they flew a bunch of the most popular internet video game people in to show them all the things they wanted to consider to fix the poo poo that people have been complaining about the most and to get their input on which make the most sense from their experience and what they know of their audience

meanwhile, nintendo shits in a bag on your doorstep, lights it on fire and someone runs by and points at it, saying, Man, that would be PERFECT on Switch

but yeah, wake up sheeple, valve just doesn't care

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nintendo make cool games and didn't introduce the world to Early Access cancer though

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Real hurthling! posted:

what happened to desura are they still kicking around selling games to nobody?

They went broke a couple of years back. But they didn't tell anyone until devs noticed their payments stopped. After that scandal, they got bought by some other company. Basically it's a dead platform no-one cares anymore.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bloodychill posted:

lol

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

Nintendo make cool games and didn't introduce the world to Early Access cancer though

There's more than enough anti-consumer/user behavior to go around. The lack of save back-ups because of piracy worry is one of the things that has annoyed me lately.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

There's more than enough anti-consumer/user behavior to go around. The lack of save back-ups because of piracy worry is one of the things that has annoyed me lately.

Lack of that and cloud saving on the switch is indeed really dumb.

Hopefully they add that when they roll out their (probably bad) online thing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nintendo pretty much succeeded in making game rentals illegal in Japan so they can get F.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Andrast posted:

Lack of that and cloud saving on the switch is indeed really dumb.

Hopefully they add that when they roll out their (probably bad) online thing

That'd definitely be cool. Cloud saving was one of those things I totally didn't get the appeal of until I tried it out and found incredibly convenient.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The latest Prey patch fixed the problems .I was having so I was able to press on. Crashes had already lost me progress on a few side-quests, but I already got the throphies for them so I ignored them. The last part of the game involved me speed running through areas I had already explored, leaving a lot of my combat-oriented abilities to gather dust. The ending was so-so but the journey was very good. In time, I'd like to return and limit my upgrades some because I think it would be fun to work within some constraints now that I've tried a little of everything.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
So is the new/old Fire Emblem worth a go.

Any one getting GG this month, wish they'd reduce the price though as I swear they have been coming out at 90s fighting game pace.

What's the consensus on Prey, I generally liked what I played but also found it kinda bland after I'd chewed on it a bit. Like gum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The new GG revision at least has an update you can buy for cheaper if you have Revelator instead of making you pay $60 again which is somewhat better.
But yeah poo poo like that is what almost killed fighting games already once.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Stuff like that validated people waiting for a revision of a fighting game

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I don't even understand what you guys are talking about.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

But yeah poo poo like that is what almost killed fighting games already once.

Sefal posted:

Stuff like that validated people waiting for a revision of a fighting game
Capcom tried to fix this with Street Fighter 5 and its weird season stuff, but the problem was that they applied it to Street Fighter 5.

I've been playing a lot of Streets of Rogue recently, but they recently added a new world that's completely kicking my rear end because it's very different than the first two, which were very grid-based/building oriented. The new world is very open, so there's not a lot of places to run and hide if a fight goes south, and where there is, a Cannibal is usually hiding out there already.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Blackfyre posted:

I'm interested in it but I'm waiting for the reviews to come out. It's coming out in a couple of days so I figure they should be published pretty soon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Red Bones posted:

I'm interested in it but I'm waiting for the reviews to come out. It's coming out in a couple of days so I figure they should be published pretty soon.

A couple of people in the thread for the game have already played it. One of them also posted her review of it.

The tldr is: 75% good jank and 25% bad jank.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
what is jank

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

what is jank

I guess you will have to play it to find out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've heard that other than updating the graphics they haven't really done much to it so it's still very NES game-y.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Andrast posted:

I guess you will have to play it to find out

idc to find out that much

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Good Humble Bundle this week, ton of games I'd been looking at.

My map seed in Windward decided to generate Pen Island.

fridge corn posted:

what is jank

When the gameplay doesn't feel quite right; it works but not like it should.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I haven't really watched much TV in the past couple years but that show seems good
BCS is so loving great. It's hard to imagine anything reaching the highs of Breaking Bad's last couple of seasons, but on the whole I think I prefer BCS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blackfyre posted:

Any one getting GG this month, wish they'd reduce the price though as I swear they have been coming out at 90s fighting game pace.

What's the consensus on Prey, I generally liked what I played but also found it kinda bland after I'd chewed on it a bit. Like gum.

I'm probably going to get it because I've played every other FE but I've heard the maps are absolutely terrible/pretty much unchanged from the original (just flat plains with increasing numbers of enemies as the game progresses) and it sounds mildly unbalanced but the more open ended party options sounds kinda fun.

Also the new GG is only 40 bucks new, so it is slightly cheaper. And there's a 20 dollar upgrade version if you already own rev , which has been getting deep discounts recently if you're interested.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

Capcom tried to fix this with Street Fighter 5 and its weird season stuff, but the problem was that they applied it to Street Fighter 5.

I've been playing a lot of Streets of Rogue recently, but they recently added a new world that's completely kicking my rear end because it's very different than the first two, which were very grid-based/building oriented. The new world is very open, so there's not a lot of places to run and hide if a fight goes south, and where there is, a Cannibal is usually hiding out there already.

Also because their season stuff made the "full package" equivalent more expensive in like two months of existence than 3 years of SFIV upgrades and it's only gotten worse, with a smaller roster to go with it

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

super sweet best pal posted:

Good Humble Bundle this week, ton of games I'd been looking at.

This I'd forgotten windward was a thing. I bought the first super alpha thing, but that didn't go very far. Is it good now?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's a bit odd to try to rebut an article that includes stuff like

quote:

Former Valve employees have come out to slam the internal culture as being a high-school like mix of cliques and backstabbing, with another engineer saying it was "the worst experience of my life" and with desk setups similar to a "panopticon prison". Valve was even slapped with a court case after one transgender employee alleged that her supervisor constantly referred to her as “it.”

with "but my switch saves".

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Oh! I didnt know there was an upgrade version of GG that's pretty sweet.

I feel I'm gonna end up with FE because it's FE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Motto posted:

It's a bit odd to try to rebut an article that includes stuff like

with "but my switch saves".

Nintendo haters have brain problems.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

bloodychill posted:

Yeah what an excellent post thanks for sharing :jerkbag:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

bloodychill posted:

"popular internet video game people"

never has there been a mark of quality so true

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Blackfyre posted:

I will liken it to Shadow of Mordor and say that it's a very fun game where it is easy to become so powerful that the difficulty becomes trivial. I liked the environment of Talos 1 and I thought the way characters were developed to be well done, but I also had the advantage of every human and alien ability resulting in no locked doors anywhere. The way item scarcity is handled is interesting, and it's easy to hoover everything up, but that means later in the game you'll be traveling through areas that you've already picked clean. I thought it was a nice way of keeping the player aware of their resources through to the end.

I liked it enough to gush, but that's hardly a consensus.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Is the Telltale GOTG game good?

There's only one episode out right now so it's hard to tell. I liked it okay enough so far. I've only seen the movies so some of the character designs threw me off, and they didn't bother trying to get a voice that sounded similar to Chris Pratt.

It's already better than Walking Dead S2/3 and Game of Thrones though because it's not a "just watch people die regardless of whatever option you pick" simulator.

If your on the fence wait until episode 3 comes out I'd say to see if it looks like it'll be good.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Lately I've been playing -Klaus- and I'm actually surprised how good it is. It manages to be surprisingly clever and unique for a 2D platformer where you're expected to die a bunch and does some not easy things, like having you control multiple characters at once, like it's nothing. The writing isn't quite as good as it thinks it is (partially due to the eye-rolling "office culture is stifling" themes that become more annoying the older I get and partially just because the actual writing is a bit rough), but still it's a cool game that I think wasn't quite worth the retail price but is easily worth the sale price.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nobody has done backing up game saves right since the PSP (where I can just plug it into my computer and copy and paste), and look where it got them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
the PSP also made sure that Sony atleast will never allow you to do that again.

• Locked thread