Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

You can't even buy the things you need with cash. It's all random. I don't mind dumping a hot 10 bucks into a game I play a lot but it seemed pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

triplexpac posted:

The new Team Battle mode in Supercard is actually fun? It might be somewhat of a real game now???

How does it work

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
man in Champions im so close to finally getting a couple of 3*s but I need a ton of the single star common tokens for Architect Seth and then like 3 Boas for Cena. have a feeling getting 2 bronze 3*s is like a huge jump in everything in the game since then you can reliably get the common 3* tokens from the dailies as the final tags of those are like 8k power each

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jenny Angel posted:

How does it work

Each teammate is assigned cards at random (doesn't matter what you actually own). You start off in a 12 hour power up phase, where you play other modes to draw cards to level up your Team Battle cards. Then after that there's a 12 hour phase where you fight another team with your random cards. The team with the most points wins.

It's pretty fair and doesn't require an obscene amount of grinding like other modes. Also it gives you really nice cards if you win, and each battle is only 24 hours so you get good cards quickly.

I fully expect it to be nerfed in the next month.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Each teammate is assigned cards at random (doesn't matter what you actually own). You start off in a 12 hour power up phase, where you play other modes to draw cards to level up your Team Battle cards. Then after that there's a 12 hour phase where you fight another team with your random cards. The team with the most points wins.

It's pretty fair and doesn't require an obscene amount of grinding like other modes. Also it gives you really nice cards if you win, and each battle is only 24 hours so you get good cards quickly.

I fully expect it to be nerfed in the next month.

The power up phase and play phase are each 24 hours, but other than that, yes.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Match types that will be on Fire Pro World's Early Access on Steam:

Normal Match
Steel Cage Deathmatch
Electric Current Blast Deathmatch
Land Mine Blast Deathmatch
Battle Royale
Mixed Martial Arts Rules

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Is there a Champions faction with any spots open kicking around here? Tired of pubbie factions where no one logs in and heals my guys.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

goonWorldOrder

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Endless Mike posted:

goonWorldOrder

Sent a request. Thanks.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I also requested to join, same username as here.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

Normal Match
Steel Cage Deathmatch
Battle Royale
Mixed Martial Arts Rules

Finally I can book cards entirely comprised of legit MMA matches and Electric Current Blast Deathmatches (also these are shoots too)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
People on FPWArena were also saying that they added strike exchanges and the ability to steal an opponent's finisher (once per match)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Normal Match
Steel Cage Deathmatch
Battle Royale
Mixed Martial Arts Rules

iirc, electric current is the cage you can't climb (vs. regular cage) and land mine is the exploding no-rope barbed wire with the exploding ring type.

It's been forever since I played an FPW game, someone c/d this tia.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
if its mostly carrying over Fire Pro Returns matches Electric Current Blast Deathmatch is exploding barbwire ropes and explosion timer. Land Mine Blast Deathmatch is exploding barbwire mines outside the ring and boards of light tubes or barbwire in the corner.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Do the fire pro games have a good feel to them? I keep watching the videos but the snes esque sprites don't really communicate to me how it plays.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Banana Man posted:

Do the fire pro games have a good feel to them? I keep watching the videos but the snes esque sprites don't really communicate to me how it plays.

Striking is something that takes some getting used to but it's a million times easier to put together a match that flows well than in the WWE games. You just have to remember to work your way up to big moves and to manage stamina.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Also, more often than not, a match can end on a boot to the gut.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

super macho dude posted:

Also, more often than not, a match can end on a boot to the gut.

Good AI will prevent that, and as pretty much every Wrestler this time around will be created, sticking to a decent creator who knows what they are doing with the AI settings will be of great benefit to people who want better matches.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

remusclaw posted:

Good AI will prevent that, and as pretty much every Wrestler this time around will be created, sticking to a decent creator who knows what they are doing with the AI settings will be of great benefit to people who want better matches.

There's also a strong chance that this will replace MUGEN as the home for hilariously broken characters and a disgusting amount of anime.

No lie I'd watch a Salty Bet version of FPW though. Or at least have it on in the background.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

There's also a strong chance that this will replace MUGEN as the home for hilariously broken characters and a disgusting amount of anime.

No lie I'd watch a Salty Bet version of FPW though. Or at least have it on in the background.

I had a save at one point that had like every DC and Marvel hero, as well as a bunch of video game characters and Fast Food mascots for FPR. I love this series.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
uh so Champions updated and added in the trainer system and if you have Striker Rollins and Braun, setting Braun as your trainer makes Rollins loving sick nasty because Braun's bonus is that Moves that destroy Black Gems destroy *3 additional Gems* meaning a lvl 7 Dodging Enziguri at 2* Gold breaks 6 loving Black Gems for like 1250 a pop and its a super fast charging move

Not only that but if it is a Tag Match and you got another Shield dude, purple moves charge faster (new Tag bonus) so basically Rollins just loving murders everyone instantly

ok this system is crazy i made my dudes into absolute beasts now

MotU fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 17, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

No no no I just uninstalled I'm not going back!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Champions Versus has been giving me a load of ~600 Rock/Cena teams today. I'm now up to 1000 notoriety with my Sheamus/Andre team and I'm gonna get loving stomped when the matchmaking sorts itself out but I've got about 100 Backlash shirts so far so it's definitely worth it.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Pick two wrestlers you don't care about as your VS team.
Start a match and force close the app.
Restart

Your team will have single digit HP so you won't need to heal them to start another match and your rank will have gone down.

Run you rank down to 0 then start playing for real. You'll get easy matchups every time and you can build up a ton of points towards the rewards.

Do it again once you lose one for real.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Fire Pro Wrestling World update!
http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457524200/announcements/detail/1265920871262220632

quote:

Greetings grapple fans! This is Dave K, the Spike Chunsoft Community Manager.
Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu recently revealed a slew of new details so I’m compiling the info here for the rest of the world.
So what’s on the docket? First up: Confirmed game modes!

[OFFLINE PLAY]
Exhibition: Single match with specific rules. (More on that below)
Tournament: Single-elimination tournament with up to 32 wrestlers.
League: 8 wrestlers per bracket with up to 4 brackets.

RULES:
Normal Match: Standard match with no special rules.
Cage Deathmatch: The ring is surrounded by a steel cage. The first to climb over the top and escape (or pin the opponent) wins.

Barbed Wire Deathmatch: The ring is enclosed in electrified barbed wire that explodes on impact, causing huge damage and possibly bleeding.

Landmine Deathmatch: Landmines are set around the ring. If someone is thrown outside the ring, the landmines explode for massive damage. You can also set the landmines to go off at a fixed time.

Gruesome Fighting: 3-minute rounds fought in a 12-sided ring built for MMA matches.

Participants: Single, tag, 6-man tag, 8-man tag, mixed.
Battle Royal
Normal: Eliminated wrestlers are forced to leave the ring.
First Win: First pinfall wins the match.
Endless: Eliminated wrestlers stay in the ring and continue to fight.
Over-Rope: Any participant that is thrown over the rope is eliminated.
Timed: The match starts with two wrestlers and other participants enter at timed intervals.

Title Match: A mode to decide which wrestler is worthy to earn your custom title belt.
Mission Mode: Single-player mode that teaches you the ropes. Geared towards new players who need to learn the grappling system and controls.

And while not technically a "mode," you can set all participants to CPU for simulated matches between computer-controlled wrestlers. Wrestling is the king of spectator sports, after all.

[ONLINE PLAY]
Everything listed above. Only single matches (1v1) will be initially supported. We hope to increase the player count in the future.

Edit Mode: Create custom wrestlers, referees, teams, rings and championship belts! Workshop support makes it easy to share your creations. (More info about the Workshop in a future post, I promise.)

[NEW FEATURES]
Overhauled Edit Mode: Now each body part supports up to 9 texture layers for deeper customization. In a future post, I’ll explain how we made the interface more user-friendly.
Move Rename: Since you can customize every other facet of your wrestler, it’s only appropriate that you can now also rename their signature moves.
Exchange Blows: That classic back-and-forth contest of fighting spirit where wrestlers take turns trading hits until one (or both) of them falls.

Okite Yaburi: Japanese wrestling term that implies a blatant diregard for the law. In the west we’d say “Move steal.” Once per match, you’re allowed to use your opponent’s finishing move against them in the ultimate sign of disrespect.

Run Into Ring: Now you can run and slide into the ring to keep the action flowing.

Rope Escape: When you’re in a submission hold, hold R1 to inch towards the rope in hopes of a rope break.

[NEW MOVES]
In the ten years since the previous Fire Pro was released, the sport has developed a plethora of exciting new moves. Fire Pro Wrestling World means to make up for lost time! Here’s a sampling of the many techniques we plan to add:
Twisting Pull Down Face Buster

Pole Shift Flowsion

Turning Short Range Lariat

That's about everything that's been confirmed! (At the moment, mind you.)
What would you be interested in seeing next? Let me know in the comments and I'll pass it along to the devs and director.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I'm guessing that the turning short range lariat is the RAINMAKER right?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

purkey posted:

Has to be, yeah. What's the twisting pulldown facebuster? My first guess was the sling blade but thats not a facebuster. X-Factor?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

purkey posted:

Yes

projecthalaxy posted:

Has to be, yeah. What's the twisting pulldown facebuster? My first guess was the sling blade but thats not a facebuster. X-Factor?

Sister Abigail.

There's a bunch of pictures and gifs and stuff in the actual link, fyi

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
That's actually a sick animation for the Rainmaker, I hope we get a V Trigger and Rain Trigger at some point.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah now that I am at my PC I went and looked at the post and the game looks so good. I hope you can set what strike your dude uses for the strike battle. I always like when it is chops vs punches or whatever.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
For the people that don't want to click through.

I'm so hyped for this.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Ughhh and it doesn't come out for another month-

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

I hope they keep round robin leagues in so we can determine the ultimate goon created champion.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Fumaofthelake posted:

Pick two wrestlers you don't care about as your VS team.
Start a match and force close the app.
Restart

Your team will have single digit HP so you won't need to heal them to start another match and your rank will have gone down.

Run you rank down to 0 then start playing for real. You'll get easy matchups every time and you can build up a ton of points towards the rewards.

Do it again once you lose one for real.

thanks maxed out my fame rewards w/ this

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't know exactly where to put this, so I'm putting it here

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Always a loser.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
TEW - Miz dropped the WWE title to Goldust of all people, who has proceeded to job out in every appearance on TV since then. Amazing simulation of lovely WWE booking.

Also, Shane Douglas went in the WWE HOF lol.

PWG is in debt about $100,000 and open to business propositions. Options I'm considering -

1) Pillage it to take over some choice contracts and keep the Battle of Los Angeles as an annual tournament. Trouble is I've already got too many guys and they've got a really stacked roster. If I go this route, I probably need to actually go forward with my brand split contingency plans just to deal with how many people I'd probably want to bring over - McIntyre, Chuck Taylor, etc...

2) Make them a developmental league. Being able to hire some of the folks off my shortlist and send them to PWG to work with Drew McIntyre and Roderick Strong or whoever sounds pretty darned cool. But I don't know if that's how developmental works at all in the game. Or really, if I even need a developmental territory. I'm the top company in the world by a fair margin so it sounds like a good idea but like I said before, I'm really not hurting for talent.

Any thoughts?

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 24, 2017

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah developmental leagues are fun because you can basically keep the company as it is and hire people you want to developmental contracts and assign them there and youre basically gifting the promotion that talent until you call them up. talented guys will get annoyed if you keep them there too long which is an annoyance but its fun to see their show results come in and poo poo

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah definitely take them on as developmental.

It's really fun to be a big promotion and have a smaller company to send guys to improve and build yourself some future talent.

If you've gotten to the point where you've made your own broadcaster you can also give them tv deals or whatever.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Alright, gonna do it. This should be fun.