Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
You still have quite a bit of time left. Moon's also auto-level up and you only need two more events with him to max it out.

Devil and Fortune have no stat gates. Also, the party members are the only day confidants other than Death and eventually Tower, so chances are you'll have time to fit Tower into your scheudle anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Is Moon an auto-ranking Confidant? I probably would have spent more time busting his chops than I already did if I had known.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like how everyone has just kinda forgotten that Makoto is here and we're just talking to Morgana.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Rangpur posted:

Is Moon an auto-ranking Confidant? I probably would have spent more time busting his chops than I already did if I had known.

Yeah pretty much. It goes up after clearing mementos requests.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Rangpur posted:

Moon and Sun will always level up regardless of what you say to them.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ApplesandOranges posted:

You still have quite a bit of time left. Moon's also auto-level up and you only need two more events with him to max it out.

Devil and Fortune have no stat gates. Also, the party members are the only day confidants other than Death and eventually Tower, so chances are you'll have time to fit Tower into your scheudle anyway.

Devil and Fortune are also the biggest pains in the rear end to rank up because they're only available at generally the same days, at night, and you're probably gonna spend more than a few days just trying to make them rank up.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Do the Moon Arcana since your benched dudes need EXP

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yusuke's gay right?
well actually

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man I was thinking high school janitors must get mad dick until thankfully that last sentence clarified.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, that battle after Makoto's awakening gave me more trouble than it probably should have. Having Ann in the party was a clear handicap, and I had forgotten I had a Persona with Nuclear damage until the very end.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Fortune is the most important Confidant in the game after Temperance

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Moltrey posted:

well actually

I wish this was intentional.

Edit: Or, I guess, intentional on the part of anyone except the character designer.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Fortune is important, but it's not necessary to take all the way to rank 10 because nobody who goes into the game knowing Fortune's importance is liable to need anything but the rank 1 and rank 7 skills.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yusuke's gay right?

Nope. It's the other way around. We're gay for him.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Man, I just cannot get the people saying that the English voiceovers are bad. Some of them are kind of flat, yeah, but others nail the characterization perfectly. Ann and Youskue are great, but my favorite is Ryuji most definitely.

LuiCypher posted:

Nope. It's the other way around. We're gay for him.

:same:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Were people really down on the voice acting itself? I know the translation got picked apart but the acting is head and shoulders above everyone in 4. Jamieson Price is brilliant.

Best performance is Caroline and Justine tho

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Man, I just cannot get the people saying that the English voiceovers are bad. Some of them are kind of flat, yeah, but others nail the characterization perfectly. Ann and Youskue are great, but my favorite is Ryuji most definitely.

Akechi is also really good, he just conveys that sense of airy congeniality that's layered over some impressive sociopathy.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Akechi is also really good, he just conveys that sense of airy congeniality that's layered over some impressive sociopathy.

Eh, I'm not really a fan. I know he is supposed to have that kind of personality, but even when he is supposedly acting livid it's just a no-sell on emotion. It kind of creeps me out which doesn't seem to be the intent?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
You are very much supposed to be creeped out by Goro and that he doesn't act very naturally because he does not

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Goro is the guy who doesn't follow you on Twitter who always worms into your notifications to start a debate you don't want to have.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Moltrey posted:

You are very much supposed to be creeped out by Goro and that he doesn't act very naturally because he does not

I meant more in-story where the guy is an obvious grade A creeper from the word "Go" and yet everyone is falling over in love with him. But yeah he is a weirdo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The only people falling in love with him are the general public who see a hot smart boy on TV and want to date him because he's a hot smart boy on TV. Everyone in the party is like The gently caress You Doing, Bro? You the player are def supposed to be [thinking emoji] over everything he says or does

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Fortune is the most important Confidant in the game after Temperance

Moon is (unfortunately) right up there as well unless you have a core party for every battle and never use anyone else.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

For someone who isn't one of the usual huge names in voice acting, Daymond totally hit the lategame Akechi scenes out of the park

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Grouchio posted:

E'scuse me, but what did you guys name your MC?

Kiriyama Renn.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I meant more in-story where the guy is an obvious grade A creeper from the word "Go" and yet everyone is falling over in love with him. But yeah he is a weirdo.

It's me. But I love him.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I named my team ITS JOHNCENA in hopes it gives someone a smirk if the call on me to save a party member from being held hostage.

I also romanced Futaba because I want Coffee Dad to be my father in law

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He can be your actual father in the eyes of the law by adopting you so you get a better result without sullying his daughter, who is your little sister.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
p sure joker's parents are still in the picture, somewhere

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ledgy posted:

I bet Sojiro would be a better Dad though. Which isn't to say anything about Joker's folks but it's basically impossible they're cooler than Sojiro.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Ledgy posted:

gently caress his parents they don't know bout Blue mountain coffee and acidity levels of beans. They also don't have a pimp hat :colbert:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
By the way, who do you think is "joker's parents' friend who's a customer at Leblanc" ?
I'm just gonna assume it's the pompous guy

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

You know, the game calls Akechi "pleasant boy", but his first few appearances are kinda unpleasant. He hits you where it hurts. First he says the phantom thieves should be tried in court, then he tells Makoto she's a good girl pushover.

Ouch. I understand his animosity with the phantom thieves, but what did Makoto ever do to him?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Niijima's might be the only people Akechi is even sorta friends with (moreso with Sae though) so rather than being the Pleasant Boy around them he's kinda a catty rear end in a top hat.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Ledgy posted:

By the way, who do you think is "joker's parents' friend who's a customer at Leblanc" ?
I'm just gonna assume it's the pompous guy

That's who I assumed it was.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Blademaster_Aio posted:

You know, the game calls Akechi "pleasant boy", but his first few appearances are kinda unpleasant. He hits you where it hurts. First he says the phantom thieves should be tried in court, then he tells Makoto she's a good girl pushover.

Ouch. I understand his animosity with the phantom thieves, but what did Makoto ever do to him?

Akechi hates everyone except Joker. It's canon.

He's not really friends with Sae? Idk I'm not friends with my co-workers either. Although, Akechi has a cheery personality on TV but he's not that way irl as you can tell how he interacts with everyone.

Alder fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 17, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ryuji will always be Retard Kanji to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Healbot posted:

Ryuji will always be Retard Kanji to me.

nah ryuji's soft

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Nothing, but as I understood it that's kind of the point. The dude's just playing nice most of the time, but every now and then he says something that makes you go, "wait where the gently caress did that come from" and you see that he's a crazy rear end in a top hat under the mask. His take on Makoto is basically him going, "Haha aww, you're a simpleton. How cute."

He's a pleasant boy from the viewpoint of the general public. Nobody else has a reason to think twice about what he says, but the player's relation to the phantom thieves immediately starts you off as suspicious of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I'm still fairly early in the game (near end of Palace #3 it seems) and I've been very tempted to blow 100,000 yen (basically my whole wallet) on the 3rd tier SP recovery accessory since I have been having a lot of problems with Joker running out of SP during the dungeon. Is it worth it ...?

I understand that the Fortune confidant also costs 100,000 to start though and I haven't started it yet
It took about 2 dungeon runs to get the money, I am making a bit better money in the game after starting to ask demons for money 1-2 times before most all-out attacks. I know about the confusing mementos bosses trick but it seems like borderline cheating so I don't want to resort to it to get quick money.

Kind of strange that there were no locked chests in the bank at least so far.