Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Datto was right when he said hardcore pvp players and hardcore pve players have the same legitimate gripes and theyre ignored because 80% of the player base are drooling dipshits who cry when they cant get a shader let alone lose a game of control via mercy.

They dont want to make higher end hard content because then some little flower will wilt too hard under the strain and complain with a
"Dear bungie Im a 98 year old man with cancer who cant go flawless but i played since alpha please give me a handout emblem".

As much as Halo 5 sucked, it was very nice to have social and ranked playlists. I know that Bungo doesn't want to split the player base and they have always stated that destiny PVP was supposed to be fun and not super serious MGP tryhard mode, but there seems to be a good population trying to do just that. At least show us rankings like in the Halo days, so we can see the rank 50 players, and can try to contain them in game with team fire.

Also, the lack of lag and responsive feel in halo 5 is a decent example of dedicated servers. Too bad the gun play and movement feel heavy and dated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I guess I should go preorder Destiny 2 now rather than later. Maybe they'll surprise us with a beta after the gameplay reveal.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Some "leaks" from an uncle at Nintendo
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=237037842#post237037842

quote:

- 60fps (from multiple first hand sources)
- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox
- Optimized for PS4 Pro, the next PS4, and Scorpio
- More exclusive PS4 content, again. Ugh.

Edited for the sake of clarification: The folks who told me these things might be wrong, but I'm sure the game runs at 60.

I've been thinking the 60 fps is likely. As much as PC guys like to poo poo on consoles, fps is all about how much time and money devs can spend on optimization

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
How would exclusive content work with cross save?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

- PS4 and PC Cross-Save (not Cross-Play), and Microsoft is holding back the Cross Save for XBox

:pray:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

texaholic posted:

How would exclusive content work with cross save?

If you play on PC the three bad but exclusive crucible maps aren't playable. The end.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So they got saves to work between PS4 and Windows, but not Xbox and Windows, the two platforms that can run the exact same binary if they put out a universal app?

Just Bungie things!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd guess it's because Microsoft can't sell it on their stupid store

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still waiting for Xbox Live Videos to merge with OneDrive

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

the good fax machine posted:

reminder that if you bought CoD Infinite Warfare on PC through the Windows Store you couldn't play multiplayer with people on Steam

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the good fax machine posted:

Yeah it's never been about technical issues, the platform owners didn't want it to happen.

I'd rather they go for visual upgrades than 60fps on PS4, especially after seeing Horizon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm still waiting for Xbox Live Videos to merge with OneDrive

You can do this, if you enjoy the feeling of pounding nails into your dick.

You have to trim and save the video in the editing app on the xbox itself, and when you export it has an option to save it to your onedrive. But it's not a default option so you have to click it every time. Also editing videos with a controller is complete poo poo. Also you're actually using two apps, one app to find the clip you want to save, and another to actually edit and publish it.

So if you're into excruciating pain you do it!!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

I can't help but be skeptical and :woop: at the same time.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If D2's engine looks like D1 but at 60 fps I'd be fine with that. I don't jerk off over framerates but you can find Destiny 1 videos at 60 fps using frame interpolation and it just makes me more mad they wasted time with 360/PS3

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

xzzy posted:

You can do this, if you enjoy the feeling of pounding nails into your dick.

You have to trim and save the video in the editing app on the xbox itself, and when you export it has an option to save it to your onedrive. But it's not a default option so you have to click it every time. Also editing videos with a controller is complete poo poo. Also you're actually using two apps, one app to find the clip you want to save, and another to actually edit and publish it.

So if you're into excruciating pain you do it!!

Jesus Christ almighty. I'll just attach my USB drive overnight thanks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Jesus Christ almighty. I'll just attach my USB drive overnight thanks.

Yeah, I click the download button in the Windows 10 xbox app. It's silly but at least it's effective.. once I got the file on my hard drive it's pretty easy to trim and get on imgur.

or you can use xboxdvr's imgur export, which is probably the gold standard of what microsoft should have done.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wait wait wait back the gently caress up.

The NEXT PS4? Are we getting loving Scorpioed here?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

quote:

What does this mean? You won't be able to cross-save to/from Xbox?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

loving optimized for everything new but the BoneS, gfy.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I guess I'll sell my Slim. I had eyes on the Pro, but if there's another coming out, maybe I'm glad I started with the Slim.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This is the first place on the internet that a post-Pro PS4 has been mentioned at all, FWIW.

(The long-term plan is indeed to shift to a phone-like model where you buy a faster variant of the same platform rather than a brand new one, but it hasn't even been half a year since the Pro so the next one is probably not going to be introduced for a good long while.)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unfortunately for them the "replace it every couple years model" that cell phones have gotten us used to comes with the unwritten agreement that the new phone you get is the most technologically advanced hardware available at that point in time.

So as long as console manufacturers are foisting systems with 5400 rpm laptop hard drives, why would anyone crack open their wallet for a few extra percentage points of processing power (to play games that still have to run properly on original hardware)?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah but if it's a white Destiny 2 branded PS4 Pro Pro then I want it

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

xzzy posted:

So they got saves to work between PS4 and Windows, but not Xbox and Windows, the two platforms that can run the exact same binary if they put out a universal app?

Just Bungie things!

Just lol if you think this is Bungie's fault. Thought you were better than this xzzy!

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

xzzy posted:

So as long as console manufacturers are foisting systems with 5400 rpm laptop hard drives

and not allowing you to replace it with a better drive

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Ularg posted:

Just lol if you think this is Bungie's fault. Thought you were better than this xzzy!

Woah dude that's a pretty sick burn, you gotta pace yourself.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the 60 v 30 is going to depend on how big the open world aspect of things is going to be. If its going to be 60fps I'd expect them to have to hide poo poo in the ways devs do.

30 wouldnt surprise me, but like RoI it'll look better by in large than the earlier content.

I just hope theres not a huge cry about it if it is (there will be) because frame rates pretty far down the list of what makes a game good. A 30 fps game that handles smoothly is going to be better than one that starts to suffer.

Is the stream really going to be two hours? Im guessing theres going to be a whole lotta fluff in there where uncomfortable looking chubsters talk about what destiny means to them to fill in the gaps between bad pve play.

Looking forward to 100 breakdown videos with "your boy annoyingvoice" that i can "like comment and subscribe for more content" filling my feeds tomorrow.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress 60 fps, give me a game that doesn't take 5 seconds to load my inventory or pull me out of the menus when loading a map.

And a higher tick rate so we can have better variety in effective weapon archetypes.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Give me a glowing cod piece and magic missile

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

xzzy posted:

gently caress 60 fps, give me a game that doesn't take 5 seconds to load my inventory or pull me out of the menus when loading a map.

And a higher tick rate so we can have better variety in effective weapon archetypes.

:five:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

Woah dude that's a pretty sick burn, you gotta pace yourself.

That wasn't even a burn you cranky old man

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

That wasn't even a burn you cranky old man

Cool you detected the joke.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

Yeah quality of life improvements like not getting pulled from your menu and being able to fly straight to your destination rather than having to go to orbit in between would be nice.

Same if i dont have to go to a social space for a bounty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would expect them to crank up the social space stuff before toning it down.

Hopefully they crack that 3 man fireteam barrier for patrols!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
some of the most fun i've had in pve was treasure chest farming in a 6 man on venus during wolf pack events.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

give me a game that doesn't take 5 seconds to load my inventory .

PS4 Pro + SSD. All that poo poo loads instantly.

I doubt D2 is going to be 60fps. But if it is then that will be great.

Give me some dedicated servers as well and I'll live stream myself jerking off.

Remove SBMM as well and I'll quit my job and eat my own poo poo on some fetish website to make ends meat.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 18, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Maker Of Shoes posted:

some of the most fun i've had in pve was treasure chest farming in a 6 man on venus during wolf pack events.

I was about to post exactly this. Fun times.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

loving around with bros in sandbox worlds is some of the best fun you can have in a game. It doesn't last very long because it turns into a grind pretty quick but until you get to that point it's the best ever.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

loving around with bros in sandbox worlds is some of the best fun you can have in a game. It doesn't last very long because it turns into a grind pretty quick but until you get to that point it's the best ever.

bubbling pubbies trying to rocket fallen dropships in year 1 was pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

Eh, if you embrace the suck and do it with 3 people and even at times another 3 in chat doing the same thing its pretty great. Grinding at the start of ttk and RoI to get raid ready was good fun.

Pretty much spent a couple days running content, pwning n00bs in pvp and drinking beers once the sun reached the yard arm.

• Locked thread