Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What Fresh Hell Isthis - frajercrain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
http://i.imgur.com/hVWBzOD.gifv

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

le jazz cigar volant

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone not on their phone drop this into winamp just to check.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

le jazz cigar volant

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Fastball LIVE in concert posted:

I like the episode where Frasier and Niles join a car repair class and become the bad kids sitting at the back of the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ovmL3j_zk

:lol:

e: :mad: youtube :argh:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
America's hottest new comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVeytaIm5Bk&t=120s

can foreigners not pronounce "Frasier"

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Nevermind that poo poo, there's a :australia: vs :vuvu: cricket match coming up :boonie:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Mid-90s Australia was a weird place to be.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Frazzier

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Fraysieur

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
DAMNIT EDDIE

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I watched some episodes because of this thread and I wanted to mention how weird the live in English health professional who makes breakfast and does laundry is.

I don't have any comments related to reptile eggs.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

...and the pitch! posted:

I watched some episodes because of this thread and I wanted to mention how weird the live in English health professional who makes breakfast and does laundry is.

I don't have any comments related to reptile eggs.
What, is yours German or something?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lots of people trashing the Freddie episodes but just really really like the spelling bee one.

The final scene is one of the best in the show and the "state school" joke is so loving strong I lol every tiem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yucudEjrqE

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Calaveron posted:

Also the scene where Roz starts to panicking about being a mother and Frasier consoles her

"Milk is a staple, KIDS NEED MILK! :cry:"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

What, is yours German or something?

I prefer a certain Swiss efficiency.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Her name is Da...Phyllis. It's a family name. Her friends call her, Phyllis.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Freddy throws the spelling trophy into the trash like a boss and Frasier runs to retrieve it like a big baby.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Spelling bee episode is definitely a later season highlight. It's right on the edge of being too much of a farcical, one-joke premise, but they reined it in just enough.

Also, raise your hand if "THIS STINKS! THIS IS TOTAL BS! THIS -- oh here it is" is part of your everyday lexicon

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Niles smashing a storefront window then throwing a wad of bills into the shop

Peachfuzz?

"We may be barbarians but at least we pay for our crimes!!"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

hard counter posted:

which is better, 2003 or 2013

be honest :ohdear:

I keep thinking about this post and it makes me lol. I like to think that this poo poo was the exact tipping point where the fashion cycle began anew.

All their loving pant legs are dragging on the ground & their jackets cut off nearly at the knee jfc. I was in high school at the time so I wonder if my prom pics had me wearing my suit like pajamas.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Fra-s-ier trapped on a gla-c-ier

revolther
May 27, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

I keep thinking about this post and it makes me lol. I like to think that this poo poo was the exact tipping point where the fashion cycle began anew.

All their loving pant legs are dragging on the ground & their jackets cut off nearly at the knee jfc. I was in high school at the time so I wonder if my prom pics had me wearing my suit like pajamas.
I wanted to think that this was TV fashion only, but loving christ.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

beep by grandpa posted:

you're pretty much right, men's suits don't really get much bigger than 2003's but that style does stick around until like~2007

i wore one those pajama suits for my first highschool job interview, if i still had i could use it as a really formal wingsuit

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I don't know which is worse, those "before" photos or leisure suits.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
So I was beginning to get bored, but the whole "Frasier has been canceled" plotline is GOLD JERRY

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Drunkenly watched the episode with guest star Patrick Stewart in it last night. So good. And it's a last season ep! The worst season!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

luncheon meat posted:

I wish Roz was naked

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Drunkenly watched the episode with guest star Patrick Stewart in it last night. So good. And it's a last season ep! The worst season!

What? No, the last season is absolutely a return to form. Season 8 or 9 would be the worst (8 because the Niles & Daphne romance is such a wet fart for most of the season, 9 because oh my loving God, Daphne's mother, go away).

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

is it okay to really like frasier but think cheers is kinda trash ? asking for a friend

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

food court bailiff posted:

is it okay to really like frasier but think cheers is kinda trash ? asking for a friend

Cheers is really, really, really good for its first, like, six years. Those last five seasons, though ... oof. The finale was great, though.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Timby posted:

Cheers is really, really, really good for its first, like, six years. Those last five seasons, though ... oof. The finale was great, though.

i've only seen some of the early stuff, the only episode i remember at all really is the one where the sports fan lady waitress assaults some dude for talking poo poo about the bar owner

to the show's credit it wasn't just a one-off gag, it was like the impetus for the episode: "you flew off the handle and ASSAULTED A CUSTOMER and now he is SUING YOU"

but it still felt really lame and bad

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Timby posted:

There's a reason why "will they, won't they" relationships are still called "Sam and Diane". The first five seasons were awesome. (Coach > Woody)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I actually think the last season featuring Shelley Long is the worst season of Cheers. Diane just becomes completely unlikable and it kills the show for me for a bit. Some of the later seasons are rough, but not as irritating.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
is it worth watching cheers if i've only seen fraisier

i was about to say fraisier is trash but i'm also six season deep so... :shrug:

Edit: typed seinfeld instead of frasier whooooops

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 17, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I actually think the last season featuring Shelley Long is the worst season of Cheers. Diane just becomes completely unlikable and it kills the show for me for a bit. Some of the later seasons are rough, but not as irritating.

There's an episode of Frasier where Diane shows up and she's absolutely nauseating, they cranked up all the unlikable aspects of her character to 11.

Cosmik Slop posted:

There's a reason why "will they, won't they" relationships are still called "Sam and Diane". The first five seasons were awesome. (Coach > Woody)

:pseudo: Hold on, just a second. Is there an Ernie Pantusso here?

:cheers: That's you, Coach.

:pseudo: Speaking.

Timby fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 17, 2017

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I also liked Sam on Cheers way more in the beginning when he was an older bachelor dealing with his glory years being past him. He had great advice and was pretty self-reflective. Then they turned him in to HORNY MOTHERFUCKER SAM, GET ON MY DICK ALL YOU SLUTS and it wasn't all that fun anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

theres a bar near me called mayday malones and they sponsor a baseball team i have beat their team in the finals every damned time, ha ha ha
eat poo poo sam