Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Geoff Zahn posted:

i don't play nids but man hormagaunts should get that rule for sure

I can't see a basic unit like gaunts getting it but it will probably be on units like Lictors; anything with a tentacle whip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

they kind of don't need a rule for this--if you just surround the enemy with hormogaunts, they literally can't retreat

Also aren't hormogaunts supposed to be dirt-cheap and fast? Making them super-deadly elite killers in CC would kill the purpose of poo poo like genestealers and lictors

being able to surround the enemy is gonna take a couple of turns though barring them positioning their stuff shoulder to shoulder, you'd have to form a circle with no gaps >=2" through 3" consolidation moves on activation.

Though now I think about it thats actually super rad if you can pull it off.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I guess thats how positioning matters now, depending on how they set up their squad you could pull off a pincer charge and completely enclose a unit.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I got a chuckle out of this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Artum posted:

being able to surround the enemy is gonna take a couple of turns though barring them positioning their stuff shoulder to shoulder, you'd have to form a circle with no gaps >=2" through 3" consolidation moves on activation.

Though now I think about it thats actually super rad if you can pull it off.

If your charge roll is high enough you can surround the vehicle with a single Fight phase

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

TheChirurgeon posted:

they kind of don't need a rule for this--if you just surround the enemy with hormogaunts, they literally can't retreat

Also aren't hormogaunts supposed to be dirt-cheap and fast? Making them super-deadly elite killers in CC would kill the purpose of poo poo like genestealers and lictors

I assume stuff with the Fly keyword like Tau battlesuits can still fall back even if there's stuff locked on all sides of them.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

DO IT TO IT posted:

I assume stuff with the Fly keyword like Tau battlesuits can still fall back even if there's stuff locked on all sides of them.

Probably, the rule only needs to say "can move over enemy units". Then the challenge is enclosing them in deeper than 7" of troops on all sides.

I love how elegant AoS/8th ed rules are for stuff like that. No more nested conditionals.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pawl posted:

I can't see a basic unit like gaunts getting it but it will probably be on units like Lictors; anything with a tentacle whip

I wonder if GSC metamorphs with the tentacle weapon will get it too. Would be a reason to give them something other than crushing claw.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
It looks like someone told Frankie that his faction previews didn't have enough rules in them, so he went ahead and dropped more than any preview so far.

I will forgive your weird crab-lady post, because I'm weak and these daily rules previews are like hits of drugs to me.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I want to see Orks get something like 'if enemy fall back from combat they take D6 S4 hits, +D6 per full 10 models in the Ork unit'

Actually tbf I could see Kroot Hounds getting something like that, iirc they already have some sort of rule like that.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

I want to see Orks get something like 'if enemy fall back from combat the orks take D6 S4 hits +D6 per full 10 models in their unit because of infighting

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

I got a chuckle out of this

I really like new GW.

The latest Regimental Standard is up. The lasgun - king of weapons.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Why do lasguns have ammo? I thought the whole point of the lasgun was it didn't need ammo.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

the moose posted:

Why do lasguns have ammo? I thought the whole point of the lasgun was it didn't need ammo.

You need a battery pack. I imagine "ammo" would be a convenient catchall term encompassing all weapons.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

the moose posted:

It's a laser gun. It's need batteries

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Right, and the battery packs are recharged endothermically I believe. There were bits in the old codex about guardsmen recharging their packs by leaving them in the evenings cooking fire.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So what do you think the odds of a 5th edition imperial armor character that was never given a model has to being ported to 8th edition

Vaylund Cal is the only character the iron hands has :(

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

chutche2 posted:

So what do you think the odds of a 5th edition imperial armor character that was never given a model has to being ported to 8th edition

It's FW so whenever they get around to unfucking that book he/she will be back along with some heavy bolters.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

The statement was "every model we sell will have rules" so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Artum posted:

The statement was "every model we sell will have rules" so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I wonder if they'll make Sevrin Loth NOT loving stupid in this edition. If there's one thing I have high hopes for, it's toning down accidentally absurdly strong models.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Artum posted:

Shrikes :ohdear:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ANAmal.net posted:

I'm going to love this rule right up until the first time I have dudes in reserve and straight forget to deploy them until turn 4 because I'm already 8 beers deep.

That's when you pour one out for each of your fallen soldiers. Into your mouth.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

chutche2 posted:

God drat, I hadn't thought about this. My Raptors army isn't going to be quite as fun if Lias disappears.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Fuegan posted:

God drat, I hadn't thought about this. My Raptors army isn't going to be quite as fun if Lias disappears.

Meanwhile, Tyberos the Red Wake still has a really dumb model. Sorry friend. :(

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

chutche2 posted:

See my Bran Redmaw that I just painted up and bought a Forgeworld Skin wolf for. I keep asking FW but they never reply. I wish their FB page was as good as GW's.

Also, gently caress you GW for making Trygons actually good now. My wallet is hurting enough without you making my idea of a Tremors themed Nid army viable.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

TwingeCrag posted:

Meanwhile, Tyberos the Red Wake still has a really dumb model. Sorry friend. :(

Lightning claw chainfists are awesome :colbert:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I imagine Genestealer cultists won't count as Hive Fleet units, so sadly no deranged space miners following their space gods through a nightmare tunnel.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
So if you ever get in a car accident report your models that get broken! I just got $730 (full retail price) for every single model that was damaged. They gave me full retail for stuff that had only minor damage to ( wave serpent with a gun that snapped off, arms falling off marines, stuff like that) since I don't think they had the context to really access value and it was just cheaper for them to give me retail than to figure it out.

Looks like my ultra big marine force just got a boost in financing!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Just try not to be shocked when your next insurance premium is $731 extra...

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
its not my insurance company that is paying for it, why on earth would mercury care if state farm had to pay me $730 for space barbies?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

JesusIsTehCool posted:

its not my insurance company that is paying for it, why on earth would mercury care if state farm had to pay me $730 for space barbies?

... your car insurance people?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Artum posted:

... your car insurance people?

I believe he is saying that it is the other person who was at fault in the accident so their insurance is paying for the damage, not his.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
I made an effortpost battle report on a game I played back in January with my friend back in Alaska. I felt like uploading it to an imgur album, if anyone would like to take a look and tell me what they think.

Tabletop Simulator is actually remarkably useful for playing games when both players know the rules.

http://imgur.com/a/sHERN

edit: Apologies that I didn't save pictures of my friend's list, that is generally a useful thing to do

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Khisanth Magus posted:

I believe he is saying that it is the other person who was at fault in the accident so their insurance is paying for the damage, not his.

I've yet to be in a crash so I havent had to learn (matter of time).

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002

Khisanth Magus posted:

This is what I was saying, who makes extra claims when they are at fault?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So if you get a finecast model with an air bubble in an even slightly tricky place (Like the strap of Ajax hammer) definitely take a picture of it and send it to customer support.

I'm apparently getting a completely new model shipped to me, even though I only emailed then asking for any tips on how to fill the small gap

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
One of you be a dear and post the picture of the flying Blood Angels land raider with a vomit marine and a dreadnought hooked to the winged LR also vomiting.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Also, does anyone have that mspaint picture of a battlewagon deffrolling a monolith?

With or without vomit marines. This is important.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Just listened to the newest badcast and loved it. Easily my favorite 40k podcast.

The loving "baka" part of the fanfic made me spontaneously shout "Oh what the gently caress" loud enough people turned to look to see what was upsetting me. Explaining it would have been worse than the actual fanfic so I just let it happen.

The story of magnus is fantastic, but the usage of "wet leopard growl/purr" in Burning of Prospero was painful and over abundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Just saw this on Facebook. Might be of interest to somebody:

Some Yaboo on Facebook Hey Warhammer 40,000 i got a very deeply troubling question..... i run elysians but have seen them be pulled back from production pending Forge World review..Forge Worldout paratrooper armies like them or scions?
Also can we expect them to retain their flavor and place in 40k??
Many thanks

Warhammer 40,000 Hey Yabbo - indeed, the Elysians are undergoing a range review right now. The guys at Forge World will be writing rules for them in the new edition, as they are current models. What that looks like, or what rules they will have, well we don't know right now.

You might want to chat to Customer Service about the range review and what is staying in the range etc; fire them an email to forgeworld@gwplc.com.

• Locked thread