Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Harrow posted:

Looks like Jim Sterling is maybe ditching the fascist dictator aesthetic?

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/864826987793219589
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/864827416530866177

Well, either that, or picking a different type of totalitarianism, I dunno. We'll see in a couple weeks I guess.

Oh so he's gonna put on a trump wig ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phantasium posted:

not enough hiding in bushes

edit: gently caress

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Just get it over with and have Mads Mikkelsen play Geralt, thanks.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Palpek posted:

This post is going to make me so sad when they don't cast him.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

I would watch this.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

game on

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ant idea how long The Swapper is? It feels like a 5 hour Limbo type thing but there sure are a lot of these orbs apparently???

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I beat all the good games that came out this year now I'm moving on to the bad ones (I'm playing How to Survive 2 on PS4 atm)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Ant idea how long The Swapper is? It feels like a 5 hour Limbo type thing but there sure are a lot of these orbs apparently???

It's not overly long. I just completed it in a single session the other day for the first time. It seems like it'll take a long time but then the single orb pickups turn into triple orb pickups which turn into nine orb pickups in the late game. The game doesn't overstay its welcome and, if anything, could probably have stood to go on for a bit longer than it actually did. Where are you at right now (like, what does it say on your map?)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Unlike limbo the puzzles are actually good, and you don't have to solve every one of them. It's not super long if you just play it straight through but you can go back and solve the puzzles you miss.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh okay, no I've barely started I just noticed something say there were like over 100 so I was worried it was going to end up a 30 hour thing like The Talos Principle.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
ANyone have much experience with FFXII's Zodiac Job System? I think the remake comes out next week but I'm worried that choosing a class (even two) is going to open up avenues where there are very good choices and very bad choices.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I started Hollow Knight last night and it's very good. I got the wall jump and you have so much air control it's crazy. People say it's long which is great for me because I like it when indie games are more than just like two hours of a neat idea.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

LawfulWaffle posted:

ANyone have much experience with FFXII's Zodiac Job System? I think the remake comes out next week but I'm worried that choosing a class (even two) is going to open up avenues where there are very good choices and very bad choices.

I wish it came out next week, but I think its sometime in July. In the original IZJS you could definitely pick some bad teams, but pretty much anything is strong enough to complete the main game content and most of the side content. Only the hardest fights really require an optimized party. I gotta assume that having two jobs to pick from just makes it easier to create a balanced party without having to min-max.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

I think there are people that say certain classes are bad for specific characters because their attack animations are milleseconds slower than other characters using that job but they are probably completely insane

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unless they're adding some new ones, dual job classes mean you'll be able to assign all twelve license boards anyway and it'll be impossible ​to screw yourself out of anything (not that it was before).
Also yeah it doesn't come out until July :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I think there are people that say certain classes are bad for specific characters because their attack animations are milleseconds slower than other characters using that job but they are probably completely insane

People complaining that Balthier is the worst gunner when he's 0.25 seconds slower than other characters makes me lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Same people who lost their minds about the zodiac spear

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Isn't there some boss in ff12 that takes several hours to beat because they have a huge amount of hp

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

You are correct

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

FirstAidKite posted:

Isn't there some boss in ff12 that takes several hours to beat because they have a huge amount of hp

Yeah, but it doesn't take that long in the new versions since they removed the damage cap.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Yeah, but it doesn't take that long in the new versions since they removed the damage cap.

Wait, why did the original have a damage cap

They did away with that with FF10 I though (admittedly, via side mission stuff)

I wish FF9 had the damage cap removed because I feel like its battle system is hurt a lot by the damage cap since most good skills end up being the same due to hitting the cap

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lets hang out posted:

Same people who lost their minds about the zodiac spear

Oh right, that. Should I use a guide when playing FF12

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FirstAidKite posted:

In FFX there was a boss in the monster arena whose gimmick was being super resistant to all forms of damage but could be hit by Khimari's Doom, so you had to wait out 256 turns with him or something like that.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Cap was 9999 in og 12. I'm actually not sure if they removed it in IZJS or raised it to 99,999.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh right, that. Should I use a guide when playing FF12

Nah, only thing I would recommend a guide for is some of the bazaar stuff (basically you sell the right materials to a shops and you get to buy something special) but that's only if really wanna get into the meat of it. The zodiac spear thing is fixed in IZJS

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 17, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My guide to FF12 is to acquire something that will prevent you from falling asleep during it, like a lifetime supply of energy drinks or perhaps have someone loan you a baby.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh wow The Witcher series is gonna be super weird.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/864856958213410818

Geralt: I'm not going to gently caress that vampire
Ron Howard: He hosed the vampire

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What happened on page 99? Chefs exploding out of every post

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What happened on page 99? Chefs exploding out of every post

Videogames is a good and fun mod.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

An Excellent Page

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love videogames

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Harrow posted:

Well, either that, or picking a different type of totalitarianism, I dunno. We'll see in a couple weeks I guess.

jimquisition ii: mao we're serious

FirstAidKite posted:

I wish FF9 had the damage cap removed because I feel like its battle system is hurt a lot by the damage cap since most good skills end up being the same due to hitting the cap

9 was, weirdly, the only game where the damage cap was actually ok because enemy HP was strictly balanced around the fact that you do 10000-1 damage per hit. The superboss had the most HP at ~67k. Late game bosses capped out at around 40k.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 17, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

An Excellent Page

chefexcellence.wav

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The White Dragon posted:

jimquisition ii: mao we're serious

9 was, weirdly, the only game where the damage cap was actually ok because enemy HP was strictly balanced around the fact that you do 10000-1 damage per hit. The superboss had the most HP at ~67k. Late game bosses capped out at around 40k.

FF9''s superboss was probably the lamest one in the entire series. I get what they were probably going for but fucker's a beach ball.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

FF9''s superboss was probably the lamest one in the entire series. I get what they were probably going for but fucker's a beach ball.

a beach ball who can mop the floor with you real quick tho

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Omza owns actually. The remake of it in FFXIV is particularly cool.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i made the mistake of clicking a john walker article and read the phrase "exploration-puzzle-me-do"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

The only Zelda thing that actually almost existed was this CG pitch that Nintendo immediately turned down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hvjSlbtzuM

That one April Fools thing IGN did where they made a fake trailer for a live-action Zelda movie was pretty awesome for something made when YouTube was still a babby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBCzkz3gHb8

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

an actual dog posted:

Unlike limbo the puzzles are actually good, and you don't have to solve every one of them. It's not super long if you just play it straight through but you can go back and solve the puzzles you miss.

Limbo puzzles were good and Swapper puzzles were good. I really like the small indie puzzle game renaissance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

stop

watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoVjQ2lVM10

• Locked thread