Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Futuresight posted:

Pistol accuracy is fine as long as you don't bring up the sights.

lmao that explains one of my games: I was swimming across a river and a guy showed up on the other side so I turned around and swam back, all the while he was shooting at me with a pistol and didn't hit a single shot out of two full clips. then I blasted him in the face with my AK.

is that only when you right click to bring up the actual sights, or is it also bugged if you hold right click?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Zo posted:

lmao that explains one of my games: I was swimming across a river and a guy showed up on the other side so I turned around and swam back, all the while he was shooting at me with a pistol and didn't hit a single shot out of two full clips. then I blasted him in the face with my AK.

is that only when you right click to bring up the actual sights, or is it also bugged if you hold right click?

ADS for pistols is bugged, hipfire/holeint RMB is fine

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

jonathan posted:

Some observations:
-Tony Montana's av might be Micheal Schumacher's son. If so that's dark and evil

Tony's av is a kid from the Spanish gp that started crying when kimi got taken out in turn one. The f1 thread joked that the kid was Tony, because Tony is a highly offensive Ferrari fanboy who would cry over that. The kid later got to meet kimi and was happy, Tony later stated he didnt cry but did in fact soil himself.

That's the story, thanks for reading.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Removed from the fact that they are literally bugged currently, even when they're fixed the pistol iron sights all just suck.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We should be able to put scopes on the revolver.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Should be able to throw bricks and other debris

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

We should be able to put scopes on the revolver.

putting a decent scope on the revolver is like cologne or perfume on a piece of poo poo, it's still a piece of poo poo.

The revolver needs an attachment slot for a speed loader, then it MIGHT be good.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Is there any logic to how PUBG handles reloading and chambering? Like in this animation the guy was a able to fire the gun immediately the first time, but had to rack the gun the following two times.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

.Z. posted:

Is there any logic to how PUBG handles reloading and chambering? Like in this animation the guy was a able to fire the gun immediately the first time, but had to rack the gun the following two times.

No.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Carebearz posted:

putting a decent scope on the revolver is like cologne or perfume on a piece of poo poo, it's still a piece of poo poo.

The revolver needs an attachment slot for a speed loader, then it MIGHT be good.

That's not how the Nagant revolver operates, at all. You can't really remove the loading gate.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
If we're gonna sperg about guns in the game,

The M16A4 should have the KAC railed fore furniture just like the M4 and able to mount all the same accessories with the exception of the tactical stock ( although I have seen service M16A4s with the telescoping stock as well ).

the AKM can go either way but actual service ones usually have rails too to mount all the same poo poo. The optics should be mounted on a side rail unless it were the newer AK12, because dust cover rails almost NEVER hold their zero.

IMO they should have used the SCAR-H instead of the L so there was a NATO weapon that used 7.62 as well. Not like the game discriminates between x39 and x54 either. the Kar 98 doesn't even use 7.62 but I suppose they did that for simplicity but it doesn't make sense IMO cause the AWM uses .300 and is the only gun in game to do so.

The Micro Uzi should be able to mount a C-more dot at the very least. The rest of the SMGs are decent. I would have preferred the .45 version of the UMP but that's because Rainbow Six made me a UMP fanboi in the late 90s.

I'm kinda surprised the S1897 doesn't at least have a optic option because that's been around long enough to have been modified out the rear end. I've seen some police 870s with all the tacticool poo poo on them as well.

Really don't have anything to say for the pistols. Obviously any kind of semi auto today can be optic enabled from the factory or a small modification. the Nagant is an odd choice and is a super old revolver. I haven't actually used it but I don't see how it would have any options besides "bullet goes here".

:spergin:

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Gort posted:

Why does my guy just randomly cry out in pain every minute or so?

From a few pages back but there is a workaround: drop your armour on the floor and re-equip it.

Yes, really.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Careful man, you're gonna make Tony blow his top for spergin' out.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
The Nagant is a neat choice since it's one of the only production revolvers you can mount a suppressor on.

I hope they add a shitload more guns but keep the same simplified ammunition types. It doesn't make sense for the K98, the AK and the Nagant to all use the same 7.62 ammo but it avoids a lot of issues with having way too many ammo types in the game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

Careful man, you're gonna make Tony blow his top for spergin' out.

Ask him his opinion about millennials. :allears:

Vatek posted:

The Nagant is a neat choice since it's one of the only production revolvers you can mount a suppressor on.

I hope they add a shitload more guns but keep the same simplified ammunition types. It doesn't make sense for the K98, the AK and the Nagant to all use the same 7.62 ammo but it avoids a lot of issues with having way too many ammo types in the game.

Yeah, I don't mind the ammo simplification at all because no one wants to carry around eight different ammo types. I'd just like to see more gun variety and more gun customization. I doubt we'd get an AK-74 now unless they made it take 5.56 ( of which there are variants of the AKM that do ). Personally I'd love to see FALs and Galils and more MGs in the game so I can live out my insurgent fantasies.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Skoll posted:

Ask him his opinion about millennials. :allears:

I've seen his opinions on the USA and roundy-round racing. I thought he was a teenage fanboy, but apparently he's a really angry middle aged australian man.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

can we please stop talking about whatever the gently caress it is you're talking about

FAKE NEWS was better than this

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Skoll posted:

The M16A4 should have the KAC railed fore furniture just like the M4 and able to mount all the same accessories with the exception of the tactical stock ( although I have seen service M16A4s with the telescoping stock as well ).

the AKM can go either way but actual service ones usually have rails too to mount all the same poo poo. The optics should be mounted on a side rail unless it were the newer AK12, because dust cover rails almost NEVER hold their zero.

IMO they should have used the SCAR-H instead of the L so there was a NATO weapon that used 7.62 as well. Not like the game discriminates between x39 and x54 either. the Kar 98 doesn't even use 7.62 but I suppose they did that for simplicity but it doesn't make sense IMO cause the AWM uses .300 and is the only gun in game to do so.

The Micro Uzi should be able to mount a C-more dot at the very least. The rest of the SMGs are decent. I would have preferred the .45 version of the UMP but that's because Rainbow Six made me a UMP fanboi in the late 90s.

I'm kinda surprised the S1897 doesn't at least have a optic option because that's been around long enough to have been modified out the rear end. I've seen some police 870s with all the tacticool poo poo on them as well.

Really don't have anything to say for the pistols. Obviously any kind of semi auto today can be optic enabled from the factory or a small modification. the Nagant is an odd choice and is a super old revolver. I haven't actually used it but I don't see how it would have any options besides "bullet goes here".

:spergin:

And they should have the pulse rifle from Aliens, too.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I get so excited when I see the rain, the last three times I've gotten the no rain sound bug. It happens every time the first time I hear thunder in the lobby.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GigaPeon posted:

And they should have the pulse rifle from Aliens, too.

I'd love to see this type of game in other settings than modern. Sci-fi/Fantasy would be neat.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I'd love to see this type of game in other settings than modern. Sci-fi/Fantasy would be neat.

It's called Planetside.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Carebearz posted:

It's called Planetside.

planetside you start with a load out though and its a forever battle where no one wins. I'm talking mainly about the scrounging with rounds battleground type thing.

Ikonoklast
Nov 16, 2007

A beacon for the liars and blind.

Ahdinko posted:

Surely you want some MC hammer pants? The amount of 5.56 you could hold in those would be unreal

Problem is, you can only move using the a and d keys wearing the hammer pants. W and s is locked.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
From twitter:

Monthly patch on May 25th focusing on client performance.
June monthly focusing on server performance/lag issues.
May 31st is a leaderboard wipe, but a snapshot will be preserved in case you want access to the current hosed leaderboards.

http://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/20014-custom-game-application-information/

Link with info to gain access to custom game tools if you are a bad enough dude to fill a custom server.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Motorcycles dot MP4 https://streamable.com/51t5m

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I want them to go nuts and add big-rear end ramps to hit so those fools camping the bridges just watch as these little shitmobiles fly over the rivers and explode on the other side because physics are hard.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I get so excited when I see the rain, the last three times I've gotten the no rain sound bug. It happens every time the first time I hear thunder in the lobby.

I just like playing in the rain because it's an equalizer for Bads like me

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I love it when you're driving around in a jeep and you see a team lying prone on the ground, trying to be sneaky. What they don't realize is they're just making the road-kill comparison that much more apt :haw:

Speaking of, PUBG should adopt GTAs bloody streaks when you run someone over.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The UMP is good

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

all guns are good its all just a player skill issue if you aren't imo

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Please stop Skoll, you're late to the party. All of the guns were purchased from the Unreal Ultimate Weapons Pack or whatever it is called, so they are as they were modeled and essentially can't be changed.

It isn't an M16A4 if you look at the model, the hand guard doesn't have tails. The AKM is similarly not an AK12. None of the shotguns or pistols have modeled aimpoints so were probably not getting them.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'd sort of been wondering about that, given their plan to release a new gun every month, and the relative cheapness and ease of purchasing and using UE4 marketplace assets.

On the plus side, this makes it easier to guess which guns are going to be added to the game later, you can narrow it down to the ones that have attractive assets on the market.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

Please stop Skoll, you're late to the party. All of the guns were purchased from the Unreal Ultimate Weapons Pack or whatever it is called, so they are as they were modeled and essentially can't be changed.

It isn't an M16A4 if you look at the model, the hand guard doesn't have tails. The AKM is similarly not an AK12. None of the shotguns or pistols have modeled aimpoints so were probably not getting them.

Herp derp, I didn't know that. This game was gifted to me so :shrug:.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Skoll posted:

This is a game where you can be almost dead from gettin shot in the head and recover to full health in a few minutes just by chugging red bulls and popping some advil, and a bizarre glowy blue field periodically resizes to force you to move towards other murderous assholes who somehow did not start the murderin' before jumping out of the plane everyone rode in on, why do people sperg about minor gun fidelity details when the game clearly does not take place in an even remotely realistic universe? Pretty sure the guiding game design principle here is real-ish looking weapons, except wherever real isn't fun it fuckin gets domed

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

uXs posted:

Where do you guys find the most scopes? Anything that isn't a red dot or holo sight is super, super rare for me, I almost never find any.

I pretty reliably find them on top of hills in the inventory of a guy behind a tree looking the wrong direction.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Here's hoping they buy more weapon packs from the Unreal store and put them in the game. Just go nuts. Be like Metal Gear Solid 4 and have a thousand weapons that are functionally all the same but who gives a crap because variety is great. Actually yeah, a musket would be a perfect fit.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD
I haven't really noticed a consistent pattern with optics but I also avoid going to a lot of the busier loot areas like the military base or pretty much all of the bigger towns.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Good soup! posted:

The UMP is good

I wiped a whole squad by getting the drop on them with a UMP yesterday. It is good.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I got this, my girlfriend (who plays 7 Days to Die with me so is somewhat familiar with the setting) and was watching and then bought it herself. We duo'd and had a fun encounter, she's in a building looting the second story and stops, says "I hear people, they're around here", so I run over from a few houses away and see two guys guns out casing the joint. I think "Hey, I never remember to use stun grenades, I'll use one now", and apparently one of the guys has the same thought, but he must have heard me coming because he spun, saw me, and chucked his grenade right as I threw mine, and both went off stunning all three of us. She then came down guns blazing, teamkilled me while I was stunned and downed the two other dudes, then got sniped. Overall, we both got 0 kills. GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Spudalicious posted:

I got this, my girlfriend (who plays 7 Days to Die with me so is somewhat familiar with the setting) and was watching and then bought it herself. We duo'd and had a fun encounter, she's in a building looting the second story and stops, says "I hear people, they're around here", so I run over from a few houses away and see two guys guns out casing the joint. I think "Hey, I never remember to use stun grenades, I'll use one now", and apparently one of the guys has the same thought, but he must have heard me coming because he spun, saw me, and chucked his grenade right as I threw mine, and both went off stunning all three of us. She then came down guns blazing, teamkilled me while I was stunned and downed the two other dudes, then got sniped. Overall, we both got 0 kills. GOTY.

You said "my girlfriend" so I know this story is a lie.

• Locked thread