Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its actually interesting to me that people are meta analyzing the Jastiger posts.

But hard counter is mostly right. I dont think we should actually kill people, and I dont have an answer. But god drat these regressive people are pretty garbage and i wish there was a way to stop them from loving up the country/humanity.

The policies these people vote for do actually hurt and kill people so seriously gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone wanna make the argument that if the south had won the civil war, the north would be better off?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Anyone wanna make the argument that if the south had won the civil war, the north would be better off?

The United States probably would not exist today so: possibly :shrug:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hank Williams Jr would.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Solice Kirsk posted:

No. But the south would have been better off.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
South is a 3rd world country without the North subsidizing their stupid asses.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I think the slaves might have been worse off.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shangri-Law School posted:

I think the slaves might have been worse off.

I don't know, think of all the racism that came from them being freed. If they were still property maybe they wouldn't have to feel the sting of getting rejected for a job application just because they were black. Makes you think...

edit:
I better put this here because SA loves to take things seriously, but I'm being exceedingly sarcastic and facetious here.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

akma posted:

No. But the south would have been better off.

Boll weevil would have wrecked them (if they'd lasted that long at all).

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Really the problem is civilization. Never should have invented it in the first place. We should have just stayed in the trees, guys. If you need me I'll be giving up language and technology, eating bananas, hooting at animals, and dying of dysentery at 37.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Really the problem is civilization. Never should have invented it in the first place. We should have just stayed in the trees, guys. If you need me I'll be giving up language and technology, eating bananas, hooting at animals, and dying of dysentery at 37.

You'll at least need fire to cook those bananas.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 19:23 on May 16, 2017

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Civilization is great but someone should have had some foresight and controlled reproduction worldwide several billion people ago.

I probably posted about it itt a long time ago but to reiterate my related unpopular opinion: the georgia guidestones seem pretty spot on for an ideal society. I don't know how getting down to 500 million people will work in practice but it's the right idea, even acknowledging that I would probably be among those who get removed from the population.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

We need to colonize space, like, stat.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

ToxicSlurpee posted:

We should have just stayed in the trees, guys. If you need me I'll be giving up language and technology, eating bananas, hooting at animals, and dying of dysentery at 37.
Even the trees were a bad move! If you ask me, no one should ever have left the oceans.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Civilization is great but someone should have had some foresight and controlled reproduction worldwide several billion people ago.

I probably posted about it itt a long time ago but to reiterate my related unpopular opinion: the georgia guidestones seem pretty spot on for an ideal society. I don't know how getting down to 500 million people will work in practice but it's the right idea, even acknowledging that I would probably be among those who get removed from the population.

It'll inevitably be the 500 million most wealthy people on the planet, which would create a system in which their wealth has significantly less power, leading them to cannibalize each other and repeat humanity's mistakes.
It'd be pretty funny for a while there, tho.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Killed By Death posted:

Even the trees were a bad move! If you ask me, no one should ever have left the oceans.

Multiple cells just complicate things. Let's just all be amoebas again.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Multiple cells just complicate things. Let's just all be amoebas again.

Agreed.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I want my ghost to have a beer hat.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Everyone, middle-class and lower, should be allowed to eat one rich person to even things out.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

If corporations are people, they should be allowed to run for public office including the presidency.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

We Know Catheters posted:

Everyone, middle-class and lower, should be allowed to eat one rich person to even things out.
On the contrary, I think we should kill and eat the poor. They're more likely to have done manual labour so their meat is going to be more tender.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Right, that's why kobe beef is so tender.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If corporations are people, they should be allowed to run for public office including the presidency.

I look forward to the days of President Amazon (sponsored by Tostidos)

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

I look forward to the days of President Amazon (sponsored by Tostidos)

The United States presidential election of 2052 will be a hard-fought contest between AFL-CIO (D) and Bain Capital (R).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

But they're not people. That's not what corporate personhood means. A person, in the usual sense, is a natural person, ie. a human being. Corporate personhood is a legal convenience allowing corporations (ie. groups of people) to act as a single entity. "Corporations are people" is a largely meaningless slogan designed to imply that corporations either have too many or too few rights, depending on who's using it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Well make them people then. President Google or Chase or whatever probably couldn't do much worse than what we've got now.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Collateral Damage posted:

On the contrary, I think we should kill and eat the poor. They're more likely to have done manual labour so their meat is going to be more tender.

Just meat and bones doesn't mean good eating.

Mu Zeta posted:

Right, that's why kobe beef is so tender.

Kobe beef is tender because they are pampered and eat a special diet (plus alcohol), like rich people.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Please refer to my election results by county map

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

We Know Catheters posted:

Kobe beef is tender because they are pampered and eat a special diet (plus alcohol), like rich people.

That's the joke, Collateral Damage doesn't understand what makes meat good. The best meat is meat that does little to no work, like the filet.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hdcp 2.2 is the dumbest poo poo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WampaLord posted:

That's the joke, Collateral Damage doesn't understand what makes meat good. The best meat is meat that does little to no work, like the filet.

Eat the unemployed!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

hard counter posted:

the jastigerest of posts imho is where you take a stubborn hardline stance on something you're not guaranteed to be fully educated on or have completely thought through yet while providing a quasi-unironic extreme solution for it, nonetheless this makes him an unpopular opinion superstar because he's really just giving voice to various common frustrations, usually about regressives and the like, that some people are likely to feel similarly frustrated over - he's also likely to hash things out in good faith if you ask

i think others are just supposed to agree with the sentiment that certain kinds of racists should just be executed rather than agreeing with an actual policy of killing racists, it's mostly just hot air being vented over issues that jastiger feels shouldn't even exist anymore in 2017 if i've read his posts right

Oh there's nothing halfway
About the Jastiger way to treat you
When he treats you
Which he may not do at all

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Well make them people then. President Google or Chase or whatever probably couldn't do much worse than what we've got now.

President Wal-Mart would be just as bad as Trump.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

bean_shadow posted:

President Wal-Mart would be just as bad as Trump.

That is why president Target has my support.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That is why president Target has my support.

Too bad it's President K-Mart's turn. :colbert:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I'm sick of our two party system; President Comcast and President Bank of America are both terrible choices

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Oh god, President Disney has declared a dictatorship.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Das Boo posted:

Oh god, President Disney has declared a dictatorship.

We could do worse than a cartoon mouse as our lord and master.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Those videos of parents destroying their kids electronics to "Teach them a lesson" are hosed up and awful and I 100% guarantee every single parent who makes them is also horrifically physically and emotionally abusive.

Congrats parents! You've taught your kids the valuable lesson of absolute fear of you! Hopefully they don't grow up and shove you into a broken retirement home!

OldTennisCourt has a new favorite as of 19:56 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Is it the smashing, the videos, the deprivation or all three that you find abusive? Like, if the parent were to calmly confiscate and sell the device is that pretty much just as bad in your mind, or?

I think the first two bits are obviously hosed but see nothing wrong with being all "Okay, guess who doesn't have an iphone/whatever anymore?"

e: I ask because I know more than a few (generally younger) people that see very little difference between the two/feel that taking away, say, internet access is abusive.