Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Made myself feel better thinkin bout Kenny Omega tho

Why isn't there a rule against posting about what wrestlers you jerk off to yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

What really sucks about Shibata's headbutt addiction was that from what I remember, it was Goto's much safer headbutts that really got the pops during their tag run.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Still sad about Shibata.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ItsGrammarian/status/864301493125615620

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I still would love a PS4 app so I can stream easier on my TV

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Now it's just ugly and hard to navigate for both english and japanese users.

also first night of BOSJ is free for everyone

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

According to the WOR Daily Update it looks like Tanahashi got hurt last night in Philly and may have a tear in the Bicep.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

time to pull the trigger on the milano comeback

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/Jacobs_Bawks/status/864345331542183936

good news, roh war of the worlds minus the TV Title match is up for everyone with NJPW World

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tanahashi got hurt last night in Philly

Super No Vacancy posted:

time to pull the trigger

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I still would love a PS4 app so I can stream easier on my TV

This is what has been keeping me from fully subscribing. I hate streaming on my computer, and I use my PS4 for every other streaming service.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

https://twitter.com/Jacobs_Bawks/status/864345331542183936

good news, roh war of the worlds minus the TV Title match is up for everyone with NJPW World

I went and watched White/Ospreay and it was a very good match. Jay got beefy as gently caress and tried to murder a man to prove that he is no longer a young boy. Now we just need to fix that hair and he's ready to return.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The_Rob posted:

This is what has been keeping me from fully subscribing. I hate streaming on my computer, and I use my PS4 for every other streaming service.

I cast it to my Chromecast and it's easy peasy.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I've seen some posts about region locked stuff on New Japan World, which shows do they region lock? I'm not real keen on signing up for it if I also have to jump through some proxy hoops to actually watch it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they only region lock live broadcasts of international shows, i.e. roh ppvs and cmll streams. the roh ppvs have all been region free on demand to the best of my knowledge. also the proxy hoops are easy enough if you want live njpw vs. roh ppvs included in your scrip

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Super No Vacancy posted:

they only region lock live broadcasts of international shows, i.e. roh ppvs and cmll streams. the roh ppvs have all been region free on demand to the best of my knowledge. also the proxy hoops are easy enough if you want live njpw vs. roh ppvs included in your scrip

I mostly just want live njpw, so thats good to hear.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Meltzer saying that the announcement of the US Title tournament as Round robin was wrong and that it is in fact a single elimination tourney, so that probably will take up less of the shows than was feared.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm guessing the tournament will take the place of the lower card multiman matches so they don't have to fly in low card guys while the top of the card should be typical main event stuff

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

hosed up that NJPW is doing BOLA this year

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bushiroad buy mike bailey a visa

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm guessing the tournament will take the place of the lower card multiman matches so they don't have to fly in low card guys while the top of the card should be typical main event stuff

Don't have to fly in and get visas and hotels for things like Yano Toru's two spots in a multi-man.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
So it's not going to be an actual NJPW show as it will be a ROH War of the Worlds West.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

harperdc posted:

Don't have to fly in and get visas and hotels for things like Yano Toru's two spots in a multi-man.

If YTR doesn't come, I'll be glad I couldn't get tickets.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BOSJ thread's up and a reminder to the cheapskates that the first night is free to everyone

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820695

Jubs posted:

So it's not going to be an actual NJPW show as it will be a ROH War of the Worlds West.

I'm still bummed that it's turning out that way with all the money I'm paying to fly out or this but at least the upper card should be good. Hopefully the presentation is fairly authentic.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

harperdc posted:

I actually hope they at least bring in Taka for the low card just because it'd be nice to see him in the US again. But we'd probably get Taichi...

Thauros posted:

I'm still bummed that it's turning out that way with all the money I'm paying to fly out or this but at least the upper card should be good. Hopefully the presentation is fairly authentic.

The upper card seems like an actual New Japan show, and as long as we get a good IWGP match it should be okay. Just hope it's like Ibushi and not Makabe

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Can't believe there's going to be a bunch of Americans on a New Japan Pro Wrestling show.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hey Kenny's Canadian!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
What's next New Japan allows a bunch of Mexicans on their shows too???

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

MassRafTer posted:

What's next New Japan allows a bunch of Mexicans on their shows too???

Need to build that wall in the south of Japan :sad:

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I will be at both nights and I will enjoy seeing many of my favorites wrestlers from NJPW and around the world.

Kenny should win at Dominion and drop the title back to Okada at the G1 Special, that would be cool.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Need to build that wall in the south of Japan :sad:

Why you gotta do that to Kyushu, that's rough.

Seeing some good NJPW singles matches at the top of the card will be completely worth it. Maybe you miss some of the "greatest hits" multiman stuff, but the beauty of all that is it'll come around again. And most guys you'd want to see from that should be around whenever NJPW gets a second show going in the States.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What the gently caress happened to KUSHIDA? Guy goes from ace to jobber in 4 month span. Who did he piss off? I know he won the ROH TV title but I'm speaking specifically in NJPW.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Storytelling

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

NJpw was willing to have Okada go on a losing streak after failing to beat Tanahashi at WK a year or two back and that certainly was not a change in his push level. For New Japan, I am willing to let it play out to see where they are going.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

What the gently caress happened to KUSHIDA? Guy goes from ace to jobber in 4 month span. Who did he piss off? I know he won the ROH TV title but I'm speaking specifically in NJPW.

Takahashi is the focus now and unless KUSHIDA is winning BOTSJ he can be de-emphasized until they plan to put him back in the title picture. Since he won the ROH TV title he's likely going to work more in the US and thus he can lose some matches in Japan before he heads off. He'll have a more compelling redemption story when he comes back and beats both Takahashis to prove himself.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

and it's not like he's been jobbing to everyone either, he just can't beat Hiromu right now

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Thauros posted:

and it's not like he's been jobbing to everyone either, he just can't beat Hiromu right now

And El Desperado

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thauros posted:

Ya I over reacted. I just love KUSHIDA and seeing him lose to El Desperado in a decent match was a real bummer. He just had such a good a 2015 - 2016 that seeing him really de-emphasized makes me sad.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Gedo usually has some higher on the card guys lose in tournament early matches as well. Then go on runs to get to or get close to the finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

SalTheBard posted:

he's probably gonna win the tournament

• Locked thread