Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Jmcrofts posted:

Making them block isn't just good for mixup potential, it also lets you hold them still so you can set up slow fireballs (or more glyphs).

Having glyphs is also pretty valuable when you activate his trait since in trait the glyphs act like traps and can be used in combos or as kind of a defensive carpet
Oh I forgot trait changed the properties of df3. I think I knew that at one point but it's been a while since I watched 16 bit's breakdown of Fate. Thanks, I'll mess with that too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I'm stuck in Amazon limbo too. Hopefully getting my poo poo tomorrow, but I have to know. Is Sinestro one of GL's premium skins?

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

pubic works project posted:

So I'm stuck in Amazon limbo too. Hopefully getting my poo poo tomorrow, but I have to know. Is Sinestro one of GL's premium skins?

Nah, just John Stewart.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/864880153049972736

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
"If I wanted to zone I'd play COD"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Whiny hyperbole aside, does Deadshot have balance issues?

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
It's so beautiful...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FunkMonkey posted:

It's really too early to tell.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone else slightly annoyed by jerkiness in the cutscenes? (PS4 Pro here... in case it's not everywhere...)

Otherwise, really digging this...

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Real men zone with Green Arrow

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Feenix posted:

Anyone else slightly annoyed by jerkiness in the cutscenes? (PS4 Pro here... in case it's not everywhere...)

No, I haven't had any.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Feenix posted:

Otherwise, really digging this...

Some of the busier cutscenes chugged a little, but the game itself runs pretty smooth for me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dan Didio posted:

No, I haven't had any.

Well if you're using a pro and don't have the same issue your eyes are broken.

It's not crazy bad but it's definitely a thing

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FunkMonkey posted:

Some of the busier cutscenes chugged a little, but the game itself runs pretty smooth for me.

Oh yeah, the game is freaking flawless so far. And the cutscenes aren't having framerate issues. It's more like the animation and camera movement is just, somehow kinda like "stop and starty". It's subtle, but noticeable.

Also: can someone explain CLASHING better to me than the tutorial did? I'm not wrapping my head around it. :)

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Not gonna lie, I spam the hell out of Omega Beams

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Feenix posted:

Oh yeah, the game is freaking flawless so far. And the cutscenes aren't having framerate issues. It's more like the animation and camera movement is just, somehow kinda like "stop and starty". It's subtle, but noticeable.

Also: can someone explain CLASHING better to me than the tutorial did? I'm not wrapping my head around it. :)

If you do forward and mb while getting combo'd you'll initiate a clash and each side "bets" however much of their meter they have. You can either bet part of your meter or you can go all in. You can also just wait it out and bet nothing, but of course you're guaranteed to lose in that case. If the defender (the one who initiated the clash) bets more, they stop the attack and regain some health. If the attacker bets more, they damage the defender. The higher the winner's bet compared to the loser's, the stronger the effect. You can only initiate a clash on your second bar of health.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 17, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

:same:

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Carebearz posted:

Daigo Umehara is quite possibly the only Pro tier player that shows talent and doesn't just spam poo poo for cheap wins all the time.

:allears:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

FunkMonkey posted:

If you do forward and mb while getting combo'd you'll initiate a clash and each side "bets" however much of their meter they have. If the defender (the one who initiated the clash) bets more, they stop the attack and regain some health. If the attacker bets more, they damage the defender. The higher the winner's bet compared to the loser's, the stronger the effect. You can only initiate a clash on your second bar of health.

Ah, ok, so the reason I can only bet Square (1 bar) has just been coincidence with the fact that I've burned my meter before etc...

So the logic is just: How much do you want to use, but you could play it safe and use it all but you'd burn your whole meter, etc...

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Well yeah because

DARKSEID IS

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FunkMonkey posted:

it's more or less impossible to know this early in but he's pretty fuckin good and has a lot of answers that other characters like him traditionally lack

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All of Darkseid's inputs should involve him firing Omega Beams.

Moves to the right? Fires an Omega Beam. Jumps? Fires an Omega Beam. Ducks? d3.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Feenix posted:

Ah, ok, so the reason I can only bet Square (1 bar) has just been coincidence with the fact that I've burned my meter before etc...

So the logic is just: How much do you want to use, but you could play it safe and use it all but you'd burn your whole meter, etc...

Yes, just so. You can only bet however many charges you've filled (that are flashing). You can also choose to bet nothing by waiting out the clock, losing the clash but keeping all your meter.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
drat, Captain Cold's meaty melon is bigger than Deadshot's head AND full-mask.

lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

My controller hosed up and I left the guild by accident, can I get a reinvite? I applied again as amalenczak.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

This is babby's first fighting game for me and I'm working through the tutorial, trying to get used to the tight timing compared to games I'm used to. Really struggling trying to hit Superman with a wake-up slide after being knocked down. It says <- -> X (lol I don't know notation) but the window seems so tiny. Is there a trick or do I just need to make my fingers go More Fastly?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

if he gets nerfed for anything it would probably be for the speed at which he can shoot bullets, which is probably the fastest normal projectile in the game. I haven't fought deadshot in the game besides once in story mode so I can't tell yet. His combos rely on corner game stuff so we should wait and see if meter rolls are enough to get in on him regularly.

I'm loving how diverse the gear is so far. I made a cartoon-mask Bane, a Red Sox Joker with lovely pants and ballcap, and a Terminator Deadshot with epic gauntlets and this sick fucken robot head. I hope NRS continues to make and put out gear and shaders all year.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

Winning a clash does the following:
Winning by 1 either deals 15% damage or heals 15% health
Winning by 2 is 25%
Winning by 3 is 30%
Winning by 4 is 33%

The most efficient way to clash is to always try to win by 1. Typically you'll only see defenders try to win by 2, and winning by 3 or 4 is a waste of meter.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

big cummers ONLY posted:

This is babby's first fighting game for me and I'm working through the tutorial, trying to get used to the tight timing compared to games I'm used to. Really struggling trying to hit Superman with a wake-up slide after being knocked down. It says <- -> X (lol I don't know notation) but the window seems so tiny. Is there a trick or do I just need to make my fingers go More Fastly?

Input the buttons while you're still on the ground, and let dial-a-kombo do the work for you! In NRS games you can input buttons ahead of the time they'd actually go in to effect and the game is 'smart' enough to figure out your intention.

If you're having issues turn release check in your controller settings off.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

It's a little tricky; the tutorial suggests that you do the input immediately after hitting the ground, but that's wrong - you want to wait about a half second and do it as you're rising to your feet.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

DLC Inc posted:

if he gets nerfed for anything it would probably be for the speed at which he can shoot bullets, which is probably the fastest normal projectile in the game. I haven't fought deadshot in the game besides once in story mode so I can't tell yet. His combos rely on corner game stuff so we should wait and see if meter rolls are enough to get in on him regularly.

I'm loving how diverse the gear is so far. I made a cartoon-mask Bane, a Red Sox Joker with lovely pants and ballcap, and a Terminator Deadshot with epic gauntlets and this sick fucken robot head. I hope NRS continues to make and put out gear and shaders all year.

So, nerf Deadshot for the thing he's know for? Might as well nerf Darkseid's omega beams if they do that.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is Deadshot known for anything but jobbing?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Carebearz posted:

So, nerf Deadshot for the thing he's know for? Might as well nerf Darkseid's omega beams if they do that.

yeah you're right, let's instead make him 1:1 true to his counterpart and have him fire 100s of rounds per second

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

yeah you're right, let's instead make him 1:1 true to his counterpart and have him fire 100s of rounds per second

Okay

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I can definitely get behind DS's beams just instantly atomizing the opponent in a single blast.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Carebearz posted:

The Omega sanction is Supposed to never miss and you can literally duck it in this game. Superman has less health than a young boy. Balance Trump's lore.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

His combos rely on corner game stuff so we should wait and see if meter rolls are enough to get in on him regularly.

There are ways to get past zoning even without meter burn rolls

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jimmy Hats posted:

Go into controller options and turn release check off.

oh wow how long has this been a thing in NRS games?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

There are ways to get past zoning even without meter burn rolls

nobody is saying there isn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fadam posted:

The Omega sanction is Supposed to never miss and you can literally duck it in this game. Superman has less health than a young boy. Balance Trump's lore.

I played a fight where I used DS's super and the opponent jumped over it, sending it off screen. I hit back on my pad and the beam came back from off screen and smacked the opponent in the back. It's a good thing it won the match because I was too busy laughing to continue.

• Locked thread