Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/6132239945.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I have messaged him and built a rapport, he agrees that his $uper $rare $manual $wagon is probably underpriced, but laments that the "crackheads" in his area all have no idea how to drive stick. I told him to bump it to 2k

Actually a pretty nice dude, I am kind of almost believing myself on this one because I didn't notice it was a manual at first

I told him also to clean that filthy-rear end drivers door with a Magic Eraser or some poo poo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
if it was a black or gray interior i'd say buy it and swap a m54 and six speed into it, would make a great daily driver

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Larrymer posted:

Thought this sounded cool for the price, knowing nothing about BMWs.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/6134154697.html

I miss my 540i, they're good cars.

The engine's a bit needy but overall I'd say that'd be a pretty sweet buy.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

seems fair

R31s have really cool dashboards imo

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

R31s are really underwhelming though. They drive like a Crown Vic and are slow and heavy, even with a turbo. If you're gonna spend that much might as well go all out for a later GTR, R31s are no way worth that kind of money unless you're getting one for nostalgia reasons, in which case in the states would be a non existent reason since we never had them to begin with. I doubt they are worth a poo poo in japan either, the one I had I saved from the crusher and it was in mint condition, nobody wanted them.

rhombus
Apr 20, 2002

CornHolio posted:

I miss my 540i, they're good cars.

The engine's a bit needy but overall I'd say that'd be a pretty sweet buy.

If it runs as well as the seller claims this seems like a deal. I think any shade of blue is a pretty rare color, and if the extra set of wheels are factory that would make this gold.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

R31s are really underwhelming though. They drive like a Crown Vic and are slow and heavy, even with a turbo. If you're gonna spend that much might as well go all out for a later GTR, R31s are no way worth that kind of money unless you're getting one for nostalgia reasons, in which case in the states would be a non existent reason since we never had them to begin with. I doubt they are worth a poo poo in japan either, the one I had I saved from the crusher and it was in mint condition, nobody wanted them.

I've always looked at that generation of Skyline as being basically a Japanese Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. My main concern with that particular car, besides being a few grand too expensive, would be "show me the import paperwork".

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Someone screen capture this, holy poo poo.

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/6110155930.html

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

the spyder posted:

Someone screen capture this, holy poo poo.

https://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/6110155930.html

http://imgur.com/S41F1XD

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

"I purchased this with the intention to make it a race car"

Swapping a 4BT into a Fox Body is one of the many ostensible definitions of, "Race Car"

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Yeah a 1200lb engine with 145hp is a loving great start for your race car.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah outside the GTS-R (which is very rare) they aren't great. I dunno, maybe the road going GTS-R blows too and the racing version is the only good one.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

rdb posted:

Still on stock suspension so the front tires are way over loaded. It will be fine driving hard into a corner.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yeah outside the GTS-R (which is very rare) they aren't great. I dunno, maybe the road going GTS-R blows too and the racing version is the only good one.

Well I can tell you I had way more fun in the Honda City turbo I had before it. My R31 was cool because it was the five door, but I got rid of it for a Soarer turbo of about the same year that was a much better car all around. A buddy of mine had the RS version of the R31 and it wasn't all that much better either, just a cruising car.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

rdb posted:

4BT is only about 750-800 LBs, only double what a 5.0 would weigh!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Well I can tell you I had way more fun in the Honda City turbo I had before it. My R31 was cool because it was the five door, but I got rid of it for a Soarer turbo of about the same year that was a much better car all around. A buddy of mine had the RS version of the R31 and it wasn't all that much better either, just a cruising car.

I think the coupes look interesting.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Craigslist liquid gold:

https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/6134886777.html

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That center console is so wide, I'm not sure how you'd even sit in the seat properly.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Old people have too much money

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Probably only an automatic because how the gently caress would you fit a third pedal in there?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6137718773.html

Was looking for a NC2 PRHT Miata when low and behold...

I wonder if this would be worth how ugly it looks.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus look at all that bracing underneath, why even buy a convertible if you want stiffness in a chassis to begin with?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The JDM versions came with the only in car MiniDisc player I have seen

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

I would put a huge cf wing on it and drive the crap out of that.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

julian assflange posted:

The JDM versions came with the only in car MiniDisc player I have seen

Every Japanese market car from that period had MiniDisc as an option

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

dissss posted:

I was super close to buying a MD head unit for my Jeep. The dude at Best Buy talked me out of it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Jesus look at all that bracing underneath, why even buy a convertible if you want stiffness in a chassis to begin with?

There weren't really many other affordable mid-engined cars at that time, aside from the Previa.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 19, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

I was super close to buying a MD head unit for my Jeep. The dude at Best Buy talked me out of it.

You chose....wisely

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

dissss posted:

No doubt but I have meant it was the only I have seen in person. My sister in law had a Japanese import (Irish people loved to import Japanese cars in the mid 2000s) to be cool.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

blk posted:

This would be cool for half the price, but 11k for a 17 year old MRS with a swap?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

blk posted:

Except for the rocket launcher exhaust (imo), this is an OK example of Peak MR2

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
idk about performance but those 3rd gen aesthetics were basically one of the worst eyesores of their time until the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sun came around

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They're fun and good cars but a massive step backwards from the SW20 and AW11 aesthetics-wise.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Octopus Magic posted:

This would be cool for half the price, but 11k for a 17 year old MRS with a swap?

It's pretty reasonable.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
This has been for sale for months, making GBS threads up my search results for cheap LS4's.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/6133608638.html

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

boxen posted:

This has been for sale for months, making GBS threads up my search results for cheap LS4's.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/6133608638.html

I am really digging the amount of FWD LS4 related things we're seeing lately. First it was that Saturn, then that RSX, and now someone made a mid-engine setup with one.

Truly the GM Small Block is magical, it is a v8 that can fit in anything, in any direction, at any angle.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Waffle House posted:

I am really digging the amount of FWD LS4 related things we're seeing lately. First it was that Saturn, then that RSX, and now someone made a mid-engine setup with one.

Truly the GM Small Block is magical, it is a v8 that can fit in anything, in any direction, at any angle.

I want one for my Fiero, but I don't have the space to undertake such a swap right now.

also,

boxen fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 19, 2017

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
It's a 4-door Volkswagen sedan and the title says it's a "Jetta", but don't worry it's really a Cabrio

https://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/6116962961.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I see it's also the very rare cabriolet with moonroof option.