Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Julias posted:

All that he says is "don't expect season 3 in the near future", NOT "no season 3 ever", and it leaves the door open should they want to boost the sales of the light novels again, especially with more source material.

i cant believe grouchios a loving idiot moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

:yeah:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

:same:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school

quote:

M2 has announced plans to release Cave bullet hell shoot ’em up Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi as an M2 ShotTriggers title in 2017. Its platform was not announced, but the previous M2 ShotTriggers titles—Battle Garegga Rev.2016 and Dangun Feveron—were both released for PlayStation 4.

:pray: PC release :pray:

it's not gonna happen

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I watched Madoka and I liked it and then I watched Rebellion and hoo boy, that was a disappointment.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Dark City as animated by SHAFT is good, actually.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wanna be the Twintelle!!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

I watched Madoka and I liked it and then I watched Rebellion and hoo boy, that was a disappointment.
welcome to doka chat, what part of rebellion disappointed you

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

The madoka tv series is perfect.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

homeless snail posted:

welcome to doka chat, what part of rebellion disappointed you

Everything after Homura went nuts. It really didn't make any sense at all and feels like a bad ending for the sake of having a bad ending. Just left a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Japan Rebellion is called Doka Doka Panic.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the twintelle heart

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the rebellion ending is a lot more vague and weird than just being "a bad ending" and made perfect sense for who homura is as a character

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Colonel posted:

the rebellion ending is a lot more vague and weird than just being "a bad ending" and made perfect sense for who homura is as a character

Maybe that's her character, but I sure as hell don't like her, and the whole thing felt unimaginative and unnecessary.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you don't have to like her but idk how you can call rebellion in any way unimaginative

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The ending, I mean.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you will respect homura

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think, it's a more imaginative and meaningful ending than the alternative, and without it rebellion wouldn't have as much of a point

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wanna be the Twintelle!!

Quest For Glory II posted:

the twintelle heart

She's cool, but Minmin is still my favorite character.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rebellion is better than the series.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The director was really into equilibrium and it shows, I love it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Coolest anime gunfight on the more style based aspect of things.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Pollyanna posted:

Maybe that's her character, but I sure as hell don't like her, and the whole thing felt unimaginative and unnecessary.

Pollyanna posted:

The ending, I mean.

the ending comes from the entirety of the movie and the story of homura's feelings though. even if you disagree with her, you should be able to look at the rest of the film and understand her introspection and how she arrived at that conclusion.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Space Flower posted:

the ending comes from the entirety of the movie and the story of homura's feelings though. even if you disagree with her, you should be able to look at the rest of the film and understand her introspection and how she arrived at that conclusion.

I guess I just didn't like the ending. :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rebellion is a happy ending :twisted:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm still waiting for a response from this guy

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Everything after Homura went nuts. It really didn't make any sense at all and feels like a bad ending for the sake of having a bad ending. Just left a bad taste in my mouth for some reason.

Even when I didn't like Rebellion, I readily admitted that the ending makes perfect character sense.Homura spent untold lengths in a time loop trying to save one person. That one person then winds up sacrificing herself and essentially telling Homura that it's better this way and to go on and be happy. Homura tries. Homura can't. That character didn't have to develop that way, but it's a perfectly believable train of thought.

At any rate, I've since warmed to it. It's still not nearly as good an ending as the series', but once I stopped trying to view the movie as a direct expansion on the series' themes I bought into it a lot more. It definitely makes me want a followup way more than the original ending did, though. Homura's actions are perfectly believable and mostly sympathetic, but the state of the world at the end of the movie doesn't strike me as being emotionally sustainable the way the end of the series did, if that makes sense. I get why Homura lashes out at the status quo Madoka's sacrifice established, but the one she creates is fatally flawed in similar ways (not least of all the way she brutally hurt the person she claims to love most in order to create it) and implied to be ultimately doomed. It'd be really cool if we ever get a followup that tries to bring the girls' various contradictory wishes into some sort of satisfactory balance, because as of Rebellion we've seen two status quos, each of which either Madoka or Homura finds unbearable.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

My friend asked me for good short PS3 games and all I own is JRPGs that are a million hours long so he didn't want to borrow any of my poo poo

Someone tell me good games, probably 20 hours or less. He's been all Nintendo prior to this and says breath of the wild is his favorite game ever

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

rebellion is a happy ending :twisted:

This but w/o the emote

(I was pretty happy at least)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Erg posted:

My friend asked me for good short PS3 games and all I own is JRPGs that are a million hours long so he didn't want to borrow any of my poo poo

Someone tell me good games, probably 20 hours or less. He's been all Nintendo prior to this and says breath of the wild is his favorite game ever
Catherine :D

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Erg posted:

The Uncharted series

The Last of Us is great

The Souls games

Infamous 2 is okay but some people really like it

Red Dead Redemption

Catherine

Assassin's Creed 2

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Journey

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seconding this one.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Even when I didn't like Rebellion, I readily admitted that the ending makes perfect character sense.Homura spent untold lengths in a time loop trying to save one person. That one person then winds up sacrificing herself and essentially telling Homura that it's better this way and to go on and be happy. Homura tries. Homura can't. That character didn't have to develop that way, but it's a perfectly believable train of thought.

At any rate, I've since warmed to it. It's still not nearly as good an ending as the series', but once I stopped trying to view the movie as a direct expansion on the series' themes I bought into it a lot more. It definitely makes me want a followup way more than the original ending did, though. Homura's actions are perfectly believable and mostly sympathetic, but the state of the world at the end of the movie doesn't strike me as being emotionally sustainable the way the end of the series did, if that makes sense. I get why Homura lashes out at the status quo Madoka's sacrifice established, but the one she creates is fatally flawed in similar ways (not least of all the way she brutally hurt the person she claims to love most in order to create it) and implied to be ultimately doomed. It'd be really cool if we ever get a followup that tries to bring the girls' various contradictory wishes into some sort of satisfactory balance, because as of Rebellion we've seen two status quos, each of which either Madoka or Homura finds unbearable.

That might be the heart of the matter. I felt like it made the prior series and development kinda pointless. Things had already resolved, and Rebellion just complicated something that had been neatly wrapped up.

I guess I'm just annoyed that it threw a wrench into the series for the sake of expanding it. I'm sure that if they ever come out with another movie/series then it'll sort itself out, but until then it feels unsatisfying. Kinda like it stopped in the middle of a season. It feels unfinished, is what I'm getting at. And since it's been 4 years since it came out, I'm pretty sure Madoka's over for good.

Rebellion is like if Return of the Jedi never got made.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the series didn't resolve a thing though, one of the characters is loving pissed off at everything at the end of the series and that's why rebellion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

Metal Gear Rising

• Locked thread