Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

"Politician X doesn't care about P.O.C. and women"

I think it's actually far more damaging to have people like this on "our" side, than any right winger within the GOP saying stupid poo poo. It feels like they routinely cock block any sort of progress that could be made in the field of healthcare, economic, educational and justice reform with their watered down version of being socially conscience.

At least the rich rear end in a top hat "gently caress you got mine" right wingers are easy to combat and unite against. These people are pretty successful in ensuring that any sort of progress can be legitimately made by dividing people up.

also I hope I'm not steering this thread too far off course. If need be it can be moved to "mock someone".

Uhh what corporation are you talking about here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

FuzzySkinner posted:

"Politician X doesn't care about P.O.C. and women"

surprise! politicians only care about staying in power and accumulating capital!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

wrong tab lol

Control Volume has issued a correction as of 17:38 on May 15, 2017

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

surprise! politicians only care about staying in power and accumulating capital!

Bingo.

The people saying this poo poo are either naive or assuming everyone is so gullible they will buy this bullshit.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Uhh what corporation are you talking about here

Yeah this sort of thing is best for mock some one

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

http://www.lushusa.com/on/demandwar...n=2017US_DPePC1

quote:

We’re all more than the worst thing we’ve ever done, because all human beings are capable of change. If our criminal justice system is to change, it should be designed not just to punish, but to also rehabilitate those who’ve committed crimes. There should always be the opportunity for rehabilitation, redemption and grace. We have the capacity to hold people accountable and separate dangerous people from society without foreclosing that opportunity.

So, do we continue down a path that has failed repeatedly to produce results? Do we continue with an institution that inflicts harm? The death penalty traumatizes everyone it touches: victim survivors, prosecutors, defense lawyers, prison workers and families. Former wardens, guards and execution team members report severe damage to their mental and physical health because of the stress and trauma of participating in executions and killing prisoners. It doesn’t have to be this way. The death penalty is an old-fashioned, outdated, harmful practice, and it must be abolished.

Sign the petition or pick up the limited edition 31 States Bath Bomb and join our efforts to put the focus on healing. We don’t need to kill people to teach people that killing is wrong.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

better than giving money to sea shepherd

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

an actual dog posted:

better than giving money to sea shepherd

Sea Shepherd may be a bunch of dipshits, but they actually did get results.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Guy Goodbody posted:

Sea Shepherd may be a bunch of dipshits, but they actually did get results.

Yes, they resulted in complete incompetence which was amazingly hilarious to watch.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChesterJT posted:

Yes, they resulted in complete incompetence which was amazingly hilarious to watch.

Yeah, but the UN also banned Japan's whaling program, which no way would've happened without Sea Shepherd constantly getting it into the news.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaVIzodmKdU&t=31s

wrong thread but whatever good soundtrack

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, but the UN also banned Japan's whaling program, which no way would've happened without Sea Shepherd constantly getting it into the news.

quote:

In early October 2015, Japan's ambassador to the UN, Motohide Yoshikawa, announced that Japan does not accept the court's jurisdiction over research, conservation, or exploitation of marine life and would proceed with NEWREP-A, without waiting for the court's approval. On 1 December 2015 Japan sent a fleet to the Antarctic Ocean with the aim of catching 330 minke whales.[99][100] The fleet included the ship the Nisshin Maru and three smaller boats. The move was met with objections from the Australian and New Zealand governments.

Their ineffectiveness lives on :allears:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

oldie but lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ueDHn2HTk

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/864840675220754436

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/MrFilmkritik/status/864615302486740992

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

can these loving people relate to anything that isn't harry potter for christ's sake

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Wasn't Snape like, basically a moderate nazi or some poo poo that only a milquetoast neoliberal can write down unironically without immediately dying from the stupidity of it

(I seriously could never finish that series as a kid)

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

At this point I can't wait for nuclear holocaust

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

yall are way to serious about a bad tweet

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Agnosticnixie posted:

Wasn't Snape like, basically a moderate nazi or some poo poo that only a milquetoast neoliberal can write down unironically without immediately dying from the stupidity of it

(I seriously could never finish that series as a kid)

he got a lovely redemption story arc at the very end even though he was still a huge stalker creep towards a married woman

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
trap sprung b*tch

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

RIP

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Office Surprise Store posted:

can these loving people relate to anything that isn't harry potter for christ's sake

it's either harry potter or game of thrones references. take your pick.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

not true, you've also got hamilton and star wars. those four things are the extent of libshit pop culture knowledge though

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Hillary is Yang Wen-Li, and the Bernie bros are the NSMC doing the coup at Heinessen. The Artemis Necklace is Super Tuesday. 1/275

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The Democrats are like the bugs from Starship Troopers. I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Peanut President posted:

The Democrats are like the bugs from Starship Troopers. I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Peanut President posted:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Peanut President posted:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Peanut President posted:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Peanut President posted:

also, he just really likes brands, guys!
https://twitter.com/deray/status/863213818222002176

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Peanut President posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

his slavish devotion to brands is kinda endearing. shame that he's a charter school-boosting lackey though

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Founder of PR Firm Shut Down Over Sexual Harassment Allegations Launches Project to Protect Women at Work

quote:

Trevor FitzGibbon, one of the founders of FitzGibbon Media, a major progressive PR firm which shut down in December 2015 amidst allegations of sexual harassment and assault against him, has co-launched a new venture aimed at—get this—creating “a culture where women can flourish both in and out of the workplace.” With the U.S. Attorney in Washington D.C. declining to press criminal charges against him, FitzGibbon has now declared himself “cleared,” and apparently, an appropriate choice to lead this initiative, called Dignity for Our Daughters.

Dignity for Our Daughters omg

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

PR folks are some of the most shameless people you'll find anywhere.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Is this like how the NSA hires hackers because they know what they're doing?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
if we all buy a lib a copy of Perdido Street Station we'd all be saved + get to hear about wanting to gently caress scarabs/cyborgs

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Office Surprise Store posted:

James Comey is more like Slyvanas. A terrible loving monster who does/did horrible things, but you know, that one time they were alright and helped a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Peanut President posted:

This but replace kill with primary. Don't want the secret service yelling at Lowtax and then this place getting shut down like LF.