Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

s.i.r.e. posted:

Uplay is the one thing that makes the whole idea lovely, because if Nintendo or Steam had something like that it would be amazing. Uplay is the worst.

Nintendo technically does have something like this, if you link My Nintendo to the phone games you can unlock coins by completing "missions" and use them to buy a whole bunch of unsatisfying and pointless digital rewards.

I would be super stoked if their paid online meant a revamp and expansion of this system to be worth it (gimme a loving $5 off coupon for 1,000 coins, or something that isn't a jpeg phone background or a hat for Miitomo which I never play) but welp, Nintendooooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Imagined posted:

Did anybody else notice that there's an entry for "supported play modes" in the eShop? So presumably they're leaving the door open to touch-only tablet mode games?

There's already a game on the eShop that's tablet only.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Haha welcome to anime

but seriously, is Neptunia coming to the Switch?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Gray Switch in stock at Amazon for MSRP (i.e. actually 299.99, not inflated) - http://amzn.to/2pUM8IY

Aaaaannnd gone.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Nintendo technically does have something like this, if you link My Nintendo to the phone games you can unlock coins by completing "missions" and use them to buy a whole bunch of unsatisfying and pointless digital rewards.

I would be super stoked if their paid online meant a revamp and expansion of this system to be worth it (gimme a loving $5 off coupon for 1,000 coins, or something that isn't a jpeg phone background or a hat for Miitomo which I never play) but welp, Nintendooooo.

I'd be happy if it were just system themes and user icons. I think PS4 has some user icons that are unlocked by achievements.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 17, 2017

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Just went to a Saturn here in Muenster, Germany and they had like 5 gazillion Neon Switches. I wonder if this is just a USA and/or big city problem.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Devoyniche posted:

I actually like those types of turn based strategy games and even when I was an edgy weeaboo teenager who was way into anime, that game was too loving anime for me. I thought Final Fantasy characters with all the belts and zippers looked kinda cool, but between that game's overly-excessive anime style, the "anime humor" and the literal Penguin of Doom--I knew it was painfully bad just from that alone.

I have NO idea how it made 5 games, possibly some spin off games, and merchandise. That company had a game, Phantom Brave, that I actually liked. It was the same as Disgaea, with the anime notch turned down to about 2 or 3. But they made more money with Disgaea so they never went on to do anything else.
anime, anime? anime. anime. anime. anime... anime? anime! ANIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

but seriously, is Neptunia coming to the Switch?

That was then

This is now

https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/844994923363532802

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Aren't the My Nintendo rewards basically desktop wallpapers though? UPlay got me some clothes and stuff in The Division, if I recall correctly. Pretty sweet to have some exclusive DLC that's free if you just play the games long enough. I think Mario Run does something like this but I have no clue.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fingers crossed for news of an Arms demo with the Direct. More Testfire days would be cool too.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

s.i.r.e. posted:

Aren't the My Nintendo rewards basically desktop wallpapers though? UPlay got me some clothes and stuff in The Division, if I recall correctly. Pretty sweet to have some exclusive DLC that's free if you just play the games long enough. I think Mario Run does something like this but I have no clue.

Yes. A lot of the rewards and free stuff they offer are backgrounds or printable things, such as an Animal Crossing themed Mother's Day card. You can unlock Toad in Mario Run by linking it to your My Nintendo account, and I think some of the spendable currency items in Fire Emblem.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Here's your Advance Wars.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

isn't there already a better Advance Wars clone called Wargroove coming to Switch?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

isn't there already a better Advance Wars clone called Wargroove coming to Switch?

How do you know it's better (or any good at all) when neither has been released yet?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well it does look better.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Since it's now confirmed we're never getting the virtual console, I'm thinking I'll just use up my Nintendo points for the 20% off Super Mario World for the NEW 3DS XL because that's the only way to play it on the go now and forever.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Arms chat: am I crazy or was there a kung fu movie where a dude could shoot the sleeves of his jacket like 20 feet and tie people up? Or was it a cartoon?

Also:

Yogi Tro Le Soung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGkn8TFaySg

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Trump should hire a consultant from Nintendo on how to prevent leaks, because almost nothing gets out of them unless they're ready for it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Sleeve Wizard joins the battle!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

what sd card does everybody use for their Switch

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Sandisk was five € more expensive than the cheaper looking brand next to it but I bought one anyway because I only trust large corporations.

E: and #brands

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 17, 2017

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Got a 128gb sandisk I think.

nolen
Apr 4, 2004

butts.
I'm using a 256GB samsung that I got for free when I had my Note 7 for all of three whole weeks.

Yay?

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
How large are the games?

I was able to cancel my GameStop bundle pre-order and snag a $299 on Amazon today with MK8.

Wondering if I should get Zelda physical or just get an SD and go digital.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

empathe posted:

How large are the games?

I was able to cancel my GameStop bundle pre-order and snag a $299 on Amazon today with MK8.

Wondering if I should get Zelda physical or just get an SD and go digital.
Zelda is like 13GB and I think Mario Kart is roughly 7.

If you get an SD, I recommend a large one or go exclusively for smaller indie titles if you opt for a smaller one. Switch carts are tiny, so there's not much point in digital if you're swapping out a bunch of similarly sized SD cards.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Yussssss

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Switches in stock on Amazon. Just got one!

(do I want a case, and if so, what case, ditto screen protector)

Me too! And right after last night I was bummed out after deciding I couldn't afford to pay for one upfront at Toys R' Us on Friday. But got a notification on my phone while at the grocery store and bought one on my Amazon Store Card with 6 month financing. Going to Switch so hard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
When does TIE Fighter come out for the Switch

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ARMS stuff is leaking pre-Direct. Remaining cast members revealed.

Watch it now before Nintendo kills it (or don't)

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

That's definitely a thing police brutality :magical:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That game looks exceptionally bad.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Empress Brosephine posted:

That game looks exceptionally bad.

hell... when your right your right

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Does arms have 4 player split screen going on now? I'm a little surprised since I thought Mario Kart 8 on Switch was only 2 player split screen

EDIT: Also this new girl isn't even using her arms to fight, I want my money back

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Game has always looked kind of dumb and bad. Speaking of, Smash port Nintendo, what's up?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

It looks fun but not $60 at launch fun.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^burtle posted:

It looks fun but not $60 at launch fun.

This is every fighting game, though. Like, it's just two people hitting each other.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i tried to show a cute girl super mario world on the bus but i couldnt find it and she laughed and looked out the window until i switched seats

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Takoluka posted:

This is every fighting game, though. Like, it's just two people hitting each other.

Did you not see the video? It's FOUR people hitting each other.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Pants Donkey posted:

Zelda is like 13GB and I think Mario Kart is roughly 7.

If you get an SD, I recommend a large one or go exclusively for smaller indie titles if you opt for a smaller one. Switch carts are tiny, so there's not much point in digital if you're swapping out a bunch of similarly sized SD cards.

Ok, so I can fit Zelda on the system memory to get started?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Takoluka posted:

I hope you mean "every fighting game is like this" instead of "every fighting game isn't worth $60"

Cause fighting games are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Did you not see the video? It's FOUR people hitting each other.

That's like twice as boring!!!!

• Locked thread