Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ok, hypothetical here, but say DC/WB decides to pull their heads out of their asses. They decided to make fun of themselves and BvS especially with say, a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie. Who do you cast as Ted, who as Mike?

Neil Patrick Harris and Alan Tudyk.

(I don't know these characters)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

bunnyofdoom posted:

Ok, hypothetical here, but say DC/WB decides to pull their heads out of their asses. They decided to make fun of themselves and BvS especially with say, a Blue Beetle/Booster Gold movie. Who do you cast as Ted, who as Mike?

Joel Hodgson as Ted, Mike Nelson as Mike.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

bunnyofdoom posted:

I would have Keanu Reeves and Channing Tatum reprise their roles.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

In movie news, Sam Raimi and Marc Webb both apparently passed on directing The Flash. Zemeckis and Matthew Vaughn are supposedly still being considered. Also Billy Crudup has left the film, he was playing Barry's dad. He also was in Justice League but I guess they'll have to trash that scene now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well they don't have to. They could just not have Flashpoint be pivotal to the plot of the Flash movie.

Just kidding every Flash story is Flashpoint now and forever everything is reverse flash killing his mom.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Jamesman posted:

Quick everyone, rank these three movies.

Man of Steel
Batman v (the "v" stands for "vs") Superman
Suicide Squad

Can't I just kill myself instead?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Would have totally watched a movie where Flash speed is all Raimi motorcycle-cam, though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

Would have totally watched a movie where Flash speed is all Raimi motorcycle-cam, though.

Yeah I was really hoping he'd be the pick after reading about it yesterday.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You already ranked them in correct order. Whether you love, hate, or generally have no strong feelings, I think most would come up with that same order.

I'd actually rank Suicide Squad above BvS. Neither are very good, but SS is at least entertaining in a stupid way, BvS was plain boring.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Suicide Squad - a bad movie with one part that I found so intriguing that it may be one of my favorite superhero movie moments of all time; had good parts that I'm willing to acknowledge
BvS - a painfully average movie that gets worse whenever I think about it
Man of Steel - trash and I don't care how many people argue how wrong I am for thinking that. Definitely at my bottom of DCCU stuff

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That wasn't a real post, nobody wants to hear anyone's DCU rankings.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had no idea Aquaman was the next DC movie after Justice League until I said that they should move it up to where the Flash is going to be. I don't know why, but I am super pumped for Aquaman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

X-O posted:

Also Billy Crudup has left the film, he was playing Barry's dad. He also was in Justice League but I guess they'll have to trash that scene now.

EW jumped on the gun on that one. Crudup is still attached to The Flash. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/billy-crudup-isnt-dropping-flash-movie-1004794

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

bunnyofdoom posted:

Adam Scott and Joel McHale. But switch it so Adam's Booster and Joel is Ted.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also a rumor that Fassbender is sticking around as Magneto for the Dark Phoenix X-movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The Miz said in an interview that since Deadpool is off the table, if he could play any superhero, he'd be Booster Gold. I'm totally into that idea.

Though Joel McHale as Blue Beetle sounds kind of great.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

There's also a rumor that Fassbender is sticking around as Magneto for the Dark Phoenix X-movie.

Ugh, really? There's no reaosn Magneto has to be involved with that. Hey Fox, Guardians of the Galaxy is super popular, and X-men has a great set of space assholes in the form of the Starjammers, DO THAT! You can even do Scotts real father and his family we saw in Apocalypse was his adoptive family. Seriously, Disco Space Pirate, sexy skunk lady, robot doctor and a big lizard guy. Have Space Bird Jerks and their crazy Emperor and you got a star wars rip off with X-men.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

one part that I found so intriguing that it may be one of my favorite superhero movie moments of all time

I'm honestly curious about what this is

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

twistedmentat posted:

Ugh, really? There's no reaosn Magneto has to be involved with that. Hey Fox, Guardians of the Galaxy is super popular, and X-men has a great set of space assholes in the form of the Starjammers, DO THAT! You can even do Scotts real father and his family we saw in Apocalypse was his adoptive family. Seriously, Disco Space Pirate, sexy skunk lady, robot doctor and a big lizard guy. Have Space Bird Jerks and their crazy Emperor and you got a star wars rip off with X-men.

Yeah seriously after Apocalypse doing the space opera X-Men stuff seems like the obvious next step. Make McAvoy shack up with a bird lady while Sansa genocides a planet.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'ma say a potentially dumb thing: having Magneto in may not be the worst idea. If the idea of this movie is to redo the Phoenix story of the original timeline, but doing it right this time, then it might be interesting or poetic or satisfying or whatever if Nice Uncle Magneto turns out to be one of the reasons Jean is saved in this timeline, in contrast to how he corrupted Jean in the last one.

Also, it'd be nice to have closure on the whole Quicksilver-being-his-son business that was left unresolved in Apocalypse.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SlimGoodbody posted:

I'm honestly curious about what this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flrfBbEJkWg&t=60s

"I've caused enough harm" just worked for me. The rest of the movie fucks that moment up, but I'm still glad for that minute or so. They already had way too many characters. I think I would've appreciated a character that didn't care for the Suicide Squad pitch. A villain that was willing to just stay in jail and do their time. It's no "So was I" but I'll take that over "It stands for hope" wankery.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

In movie news, Sam Raimi and Marc Webb both apparently passed on directing The Flash.

Wow DC is not being subtle at all in attempting to recapture "totally not Spider-man" Flash from JLU.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah, but people would be saying 'they're just ripping off Star Wars/Guardians'. Now granted the Starjammers predate the Guardians, but most viewers don't know that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I would loving love to see FOX trying to rip off good things like Star Wars and Guardians instead of just making X-men 3 over and over.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I'm pretty sure they only made one X-Men 3.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is it me or has this Flash movie had even more turmoil than the other DCU films? Seems like nobody is sticking around to do it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mignola drawing promo art for the new movie. Reveals nothing but if it keeps him drawing Hellboy art I'm for it.

He seems fully behind this new project. Was he this involved/behind the GDT movies?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

Mignola drawing promo art for the new movie. Reveals nothing but if it keeps him drawing Hellboy art I'm for it.

He seems fully behind this new project. Was he this involved/behind the GDT movies?

Yes, he was.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FlamingLiberal posted:

Is it me or has this Flash movie had even more turmoil than the other DCU films? Seems like nobody is sticking around to do it.

The Batman has been having similar problems. Affleck was starring and directing, now he's probably not going to keep going after it. Deathstroke was going to be the villain, but now it's going to be a big Rogue Party. They can't settle on a script and no director wants to direct a Batman movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just have Zack Snyder direct Flash and Batman. Problem solved. For every DC film he makes, he gets a free $50 million for personal projects.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

He's also chummy enough with GDT that he designs props for his other movies, see Blade 2 and Crimson Peak :flashfact:

Unmature
May 9, 2008
The story they would always tell was GDT and Mignola met for dinner at the very beginnings of film planning. They both said they'd come with an idea for an actor and say them at the same time. They both said Ron Perlman.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/Collider/status/865395301846208514

Not a terribly high bar but also better than more 😬 reviews

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Collider is garbage though. Everything is the best ever there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Collider is garbage though. Everything is the best ever there.

Yeah but the tweets they're collecting are from everyone, not just their own people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm seeing reviews all over the place heaping it with nothing but praise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea almost all the early stuff is saying 'yep, this is a good rear end movie', which is hopefully a good omen!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

yea almost all the early stuff is saying 'yep, this is a good rear end movie', which is hopefully a good omen!

I'll bet! :mmmhmm:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I made a Wonder Woman discussion thread in CineD for anyone interested https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820776

And yeah, pretty much unanimous praise across the movie blogger board on social media for the film. We'll get a better feel for reactions on May 31st though, when full review embargo lifts. But poo poo, based on all the tweets I've been reading, it feels like my hopes and dreams of Wonder Woman being the first DCEU film adored by both critics and fans might come true :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'll admit, I was kind of starting to like that every single DCEU movie was unwatchable garbage, it was pretty funny. But I guess them making a good movie that I'll enjoy watching is good too.

• Locked thread