Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Where are the loving GIFs at?

Later today if I don't get wrapped up in Battlegrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its safe to say they didn't stop the Superior. They never tracked down his source or anything and his scheme basically worked in getting SHIELD framed for Talbot's shooting. They got back the Darkhold and Aida is dead so they'll chalk that up as a win, but he's still out there as is presumably the "world" or whatever he was helping Aida build with the Darkhold, whatever that is.

I guess we could have gotten confirmation of that but he said over and over again that killing his bodies meant nothing and we know he's got a severed head somewhere.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

Thinking back on the episode it did feel a little rushed. Like maybe it should have been a two-parter where they could adequately flesh out both the "stop Aida" and "delete Framework" plots. As is the Framework subplot felt kind of tacked on and other than the final couple scenes a little inconclusive. While the Aida stuff felt kind of rushed once they put their plan into place. Also there wasn't any answer as to whether or not they actually defeated the Superior or not.

I love that actor so I hope he pops up increasingly desperate as there are fewer and fewer of him left every time he runs into SHIELD. I really liked that part of Ultron, the final scene where there was just one of him left, and not even a good model, forcing him to actually contemplate life.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

homullus posted:

They subject the heroic SHIELD agents and a couple LMDs to brutal experiments, in which they are forced to watch terrible, low-budget movies while their reactions are monitored.

Enter the nightmare fueled world that is The Framework. Send them the movie!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

What are the chances we maybe get some Skrull action?

Or do you think it will just stick with Kree based stuff?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Skrulls are owned by whoever owns the Fantastic Four. That's why they made up the Chitauri for Avengers when they wanted to use Skrulls.

Kree/Inhuman is certainly the most obvious, but there's also that Thanos/Infinity War stuff that's a vague possibility.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

flosofl posted:

What are the chances we maybe get some Skrull action?

Or do you think it will just stick with Kree based stuff?

FOX has the Skrulls, I'm pretty sure. I'd say they could have the Chitauri, but that much CGI work is a lot to ask of a TV show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe some badoon. More likely chitauri or sakaarans, given that they're already in the MCU.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Fox have the Badoon and most of the named Skrulls. Generic Skrull are fine for marvel, but I'd understand if they choose to keep their distance.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I think Feige said recently they did have the rights to Skrulls, they just don't have the right to specific Skrull characters like Super Skrull.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Did I miss something? Where did Palmer HALO jump to?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
It will probably be the Kree because of the new budget restrictions, since it's much cheaper to put an actor in blue makeup than compose a CGI character

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Realistically we shouldn't expect anything beyond Blue Kree and Pink Xandarian type stuff. Which is even pretty far ahead of ourselves since we have no confirmation that we're getting any kind of aliens. We're just all excited about a tease about space.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I guess we could have gotten confirmation of that but he said over and over again that killing his bodies meant nothing and we know he's got a severed head somewhere.

If he actually is Modok I really hope his severed head is implanted in what looks like an oversized hover chair, so people can mock him for looking incredibly stupid before killing him.

MODOK is one of the most hilarious looking villains of all time. The first time I ever saw the character was in a video game, and I couldn't stop laughing that I was being "attacked by an oversized recliner with a giant TV face."

muscles like this! posted:

Thinking back on the episode it did feel a little rushed. Like maybe it should have been a two-parter where they could adequately flesh out both the "stop Aida" and "delete Framework" plots. As is the Framework subplot felt kind of tacked on and other than the final couple scenes a little inconclusive. While the Aida stuff felt kind of rushed once they put their plan into place. Also there wasn't any answer as to whether or not they actually defeated the Superior or not.

I really didn't like the Framework getting shut down and deleted much. They did a lot to establish these characters that existed there, from anti-Hydra kids to characters we missed like Triplet and Ward that just getting rid of it felt like such a waste. I was hoping they'd decide to keep it running on it's own server so those people have gotten something out of it.

More importantly it kept annoying me nobody even TRIED to mention Project Looking Glass, which they were aware of. It'd been way more sad of an ending, to me, if they were trying to get Hope brought into the real world and didn't make it, than what happened - where I called the outcome in advance. It'd also maybe let us bring back a version of a character that could have been neat (it'd been a great end to the good Ward if his last act was to push Triplet into the machine and save him or something).

As it stands the fact the whole thing erased itself made all of those characters feel pointless and all of their struggles in there for naught. I think it's largely because they established that the AI inside were actually pretty real; it's not like they escaped from a video game.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 17, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

tragedyjones posted:

Did I miss something? Where did Palmer HALO jump to?

Don't have to pay her if she isn't on the screen

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I never got excited by him probably being MODOK because I've never been able to take that villain seriously. If they made an evil bunny rabbit to kill Gwen Stacy I'd take him more seriously than MODOK.

But I do hope Agents of SHIELD does their best to recreate that stupidity right before he dies. And Coulson must deliver the kill shot and one liner.

Jusupov posted:

Don't have to pay her if she isn't on the screen

Yeah, I took that as them just writing her out so she didn't have to stand awkwardly aside during the end of episode family speech and sit quietly at the end of the diner counter.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sorry, double post.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think Feige said recently they did have the rights to Skrulls, they just don't have the right to specific Skrull characters like Super Skrull.

Why are comic book Rights such a massive clusterfuck?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
If you look at it, the SHIELD team already doesn't really take the Superior seriously, it's kinda funny. The first encounter got us the thread title and Daisy kicking his rear end, the second one got "long story short you can just shoot him" and the third was in the finale here where Daisy quipped at him and then he got Ghost Rider/Quake combo'd.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Apparently because years ago Marvel held a yard sale to pay the bills and now their poo poo is everywhere.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

bio347 posted:

If you look at it, the SHIELD team already doesn't really take the Superior seriously, it's kinda funny.

It really is. Cool origin story, bro.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Blazing Ownager posted:

If he actually is Modok I really hope his severed head is implanted in what looks like an oversized hover chair, so people can mock him for looking incredibly stupid before killing him.

MODOK is one of the most hilarious looking villains of all time. The first time I ever saw the character was in a video game, and I couldn't stop laughing that I was being "attacked by an oversized recliner with a giant TV face."

I really didn't like the Framework getting shut down and deleted much. They did a lot to establish these characters that existed there, from anti-Hydra kids to characters we missed like Triplet and Ward that just getting rid of it felt like such a waste. I was hoping they'd decide to keep it running on it's own server so those people have gotten something out of it.

More importantly it kept annoying me nobody even TRIED to mention Project Looking Glass, which they were aware of. It'd been way more sad of an ending, to me, if they were trying to get Hope brought into the real world and didn't make it, than what happened - where I called the outcome in advance. It'd also maybe let us bring back a version of a character that could have been neat (it'd been a great end to the good Ward if his last act was to push Triplet into the machine and save him or something).

As it stands the fact the whole thing erased itself made all of those characters feel pointless and all of their struggles in there for naught. I think it's largely because they established that the AI inside were actually pretty real; it's not like they escaped from a video game.

I really don't think anyone cares about the framework simulated people and do they actually have souls except for a handful of folks in this thread.

Ghost Rider said that Aida using project looking glass to create a body was such a big deal that it got the attention of hell and he was sent to retrieve the book in response. Creating any other new bodies wouldn't be viable except for more villains that were composed of literal hell-evil.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Mymla posted:

I assume it's because of all the interlinked crossover stuff in the comics - when Marvel sold off xmen they sold off all "mutants" hence why the flamer dude in S1 merely has a "genetic abnormality". Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were founding members of the Avengers, which is how marvel could justify putting them into AoU. Still didn't stop the hilarious pissing match of hasty rewrites to slot them into Days of Future Past and Winter Soldier in order to be the first to have him on a movie.

As to the rest, Marvel almost went bust in the 90s and sold off a load of stuff on the condition that no more than a year or two passes without a movie being worked on. Which is why we have so many spiderman and xmen movies, and will continue getting them until the end of time itself.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Also:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S4: Robot May was much more supportive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

People only care about the Framework because Ward got erased off camera.

Which makes me happy and full of laughter. This one's for you, Jemma.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

STAC Goat posted:

I'm just imagining that off camera a bloodied, shot up Ward is overcoming injuries sustained in holding off hydra at the station to keep the message on air as long as possible in order to limp his way back to the SHIELD base, getting there just in time to see Mack drive off with the survivors in the base. He opens his mouth, about to deliver a final line and then promptly disappears forever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mymla posted:

In like the 90's, Marvel had some pretty bad financial problems and optioned off large swaths of their popular IPs for movies.

Remember how, back in the day, nothing was connected. Everything had to stand on its own? Like Steel? Yeah. Dark days.

And some people have the balls or ladyballs to wish for the bad old days.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

If they succeeded in bringing Hope into the real world, that would just mean that Robbie would have to :flame: her. Ghost Rider hates him some Darkhold magic.

also its this

STAC Goat posted:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

kayakyakr posted:

I'm just imagining that off camera a bloodied, shot up Ward is overcoming injuries sustained in holding off hydra at the station to keep the message on air as long as possible in order to limp his way back to the SHIELD base, getting there just in time to see Mack drive off with the survivors in the base. He opens his mouth, about to deliver a final line and then promptly disappears forever.

He probably never got to find out if he'd be reunited with his Skye.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! gently caress YOU, WARD! Your Skye was a Nazi!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

bring back old gbs posted:

I love that actor so I hope he pops up increasingly desperate as there are fewer and fewer of him left every time he runs into SHIELD. I really liked that part of Ultron, the final scene where there was just one of him left, and not even a good model, forcing him to actually contemplate life.

I want his decoys to go up against the Koenig brothers

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
"This the way the world ends, not with a bang but a.. "

Whisky

Perfect exit.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Incidentally, I watched episode 21 and somehow thought it was the season finale.

Everything was set up perfectly: Ada was made into a seemingly impossible-to-stop Inhuman, and had teamed up with the Russian, and Ghost Rider had returned from hell, presumably to balance it out. That would have been a perfect way to end Season 4.

Instead we got some sort of, uh, space ending? I dunno. Feels weird.

I'm really, really disappointed that Mallory Jansen is (probably) gone. She's an excellent actor and performed really well this season.

The last few episodes also reminded me how much I miss Tripp. :(

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I feel like we need to get at least one more Ward appearance before the end, I don't care what absurd thing makes it happen but I want to see it. Make the 7 separate states of Ward dream happen.

I do think it's cool that we were expecting LMD Ward and instead got wild virtual reality Ward, I don't think anyone was expecting that to happen at the start of the season.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Guys, sorry to disappoint but we're not getting S.W.O.R.D. , at least not officially. Guy that works on the show posted on twitter that Fox owns those rights.

They were introduced in x-men comics by ...Wheddon! and the person running it is also a mutant.

STAC Goat posted:

Apparently because years ago Marvel held a yard sale to pay the bills and now their poo poo is everywhere.

This is a bit wrong but gets repeated a lot so people think it's true.

Most of the character rights were sold in the 70s when their business was booming, actually. They even sold a lot of them to some one random guy that never did anything with the characters. They luckily got them back and then...sold them again :derp: at least now with a contingency that the license must produce something or lose the rights (hence poo poo like the fantastic four movies).

You can read most about that on Marvel Untold Story by Sean Howe. But i think nerds also put most of it on wikipedia.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Lots of good fakeouts in this episode. I love that the heroes are the one with the unstoppable tank for once. It's always the bad guys that have those.

The Mack and Yoyo stuff was hard to watch, because it was brutal. Seriously thought we were going to lose both of them at the end. Just lost Radcliff, which is less brutal but not by much.

Holy poo poo the whole fakeout aginst Aida was great. Fitz really sold LMSimmons being the real one. And seriously, how great was Simmons just opening up on Aida for the hell of it.

That's real bullshit that SWORD won't appear. Unless they go with Alpha Flight, they're the current SWORD. Won't have Captain Marvel but we could get Aurora and Puck.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Season 4, Episode 22: World's End

http://i.imgur.com/jwwr9gZ.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/6PCWlGz.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/DyRi9FS.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/d1dSdPd.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/e0uxhif.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/QfxHGoV.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/QRJU6Hh.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/fzV5Ftg.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/Q6crLur.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/9F4BMEo.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/d9MjB8r.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/toWNkKe.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/ot8JMGB.gifv

EDIT: One neat detail I noticed is that when Talbot is shot, he isn't hit inbetween the eyes or right in the center of the head, you can briefly see the wound off to the side of the head.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 18, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I want season 5 to begin "6 months later". Coulson "Wow, those were some crazy space adventures we had! I'm glad Talbot came out of his coma and cleared things up while we were gone. Back to business as usual!"

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

This would be awesome if it just looped between the skyline and the subway.

I was actually hoping this would continue a few more times. Would be cute to see it hit up some sites from earlier in the series. Maybe port underwater where the flame flickers for a second and then starts boiling the water around. That might have given it a bit more "finale-ty".

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

notthegoatseguy posted:

Uber Skrull, Mega Skrull. Easy fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
If they really want to do Sword they can do Sword, you just call it something else. Some other secret agency that was made to deal with alien stuff after Thor showed up and they got access to spaceships somehow, problem solved.

Not as cool, but you can certainly do the basic premise without the names or characters.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 18, 2017

• Locked thread