Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Pilaf would be their best bet as team leader, clearly. I mean he even has experience beyond his years as an emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

Its interesting how basically none of our heroes have any sort of command or leadership experience. I mean Roshi ran a dojo, which is kinda that, and Vegeta was a prince of apparently one dude, but thats it. Honestly the only one with experience managing a fighting force is Frieza and maybe dont give that dude the reigns.

E: did Pilaf ever have an army beyond Mai and Shu? Hes basically on team hero now, if only in a mascot capacity

Bulma runs a multinational corporation, she should be team leader in a mech suit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Bulma runs a multinational corporation, she should be team leader in a mech suit.

I'm pretty sure if weapons were allowed then Bulma would beat Tien in usefulness.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know, it wouldn't be allowed in the tournament, but why HASN'T Bulma created a suit of power armor based on the Androids technology?

She fixed up 16 she knows how it works.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Burkion posted:

You know, it wouldn't be allowed in the tournament, but why HASN'T Bulma created a suit of power armor based on the Androids technology?

I presume because there's no good reason for it. She has Goku on speed dial and anything he can't handle a suit of Android-armor isn't going to.

(She's also married to Vegeta but you know, Goku.)

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

projecthalaxy posted:

E: did Pilaf ever have an army beyond Mai and Shu? Hes basically on team hero now, if only in a mascot capacity

I remember he had a horse once.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Burkion posted:

Probably because she doesn't want to get beat to poo poo by space weirdos, showing her to be smarter than Tony Stark.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Piccolo is the smartest fighter of the 10, and considering he's 3 dudes in one (one of those dudes being a literal god) you'd think he'd have the most experience with this sort of thing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm trying to remember, has Piccolo actually defeated an opponent since he killed Raditz, aside from the training fight we just had?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

seiferguy posted:

Piccolo is the smartest fighter of the 10, and considering he's 3 dudes in one (one of those dudes being a literal god) you'd think he'd have the most experience with this sort of thing.

Piccolo likes to think of himself as a tactician, but can't seem to figure out moves that don't involve standing still for twenty minutes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Vegeta throwing sand into Zarbon's eyes or Goku faking Cell out with Warp Kamehameha is probably the most tactical a DBZ fight has ever gotten.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

Piccolo likes to think of himself as a tactician, but can't seem to figure out moves that don't involve standing still for twenty minutes.

The moves work! As long as he has a Saiyan to block for him.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Kanos posted:

I'm trying to remember, has Piccolo actually defeated an opponent since he killed Raditz, aside from the training fight we just had?

I think only a saibaman and Gero.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Vegeta throwing sand into Zarbon's eyes or Goku faking Cell out with Warp Kamehameha is probably the most tactical a DBZ fight has ever gotten.

Back in Dragonball people would sometimes grab Goku's tail to give themselves an advantage! And Krillin has at least once used Solar Flare to run away from an enemy far strong than him, Which are you know, tactics.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

mmkay posted:

I think only a saibaman and Gero.

I'm pretty sure Gero got away.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kanos posted:

I'm pretty sure Gero got away.

Yeah, 17 killed Gero. Maybe 18? Its their first scene

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kanos posted:

He karate-chopped the poo poo out of Babidi, I guess?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

He helped with Garlic Jr.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
When cell first shows up he beats him up pretty good and makes him run away too, doesn't he? Right after he merges with kami.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

He's killed a whole lot of movie only henchmen.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Bulma has fought as least one battle in a mech suit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YRkiJ21SiE

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
What's the crab's power level?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

25 and a third

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Back in Dragonball people would sometimes grab Goku's tail to give themselves an advantage! And Krillin has at least once used Solar Flare to run away from an enemy far strong than him, Which are you know, tactics.

Sunglasses!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Pulling out Bulmas tits so that Roshi can spray blood on someone!

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Roshi will finally unleash the ultimate tactic, the sexy commando.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

dr.acula posted:

Pulling out Bulmas tits so that Roshi can spray blood on someone!

I've just finished reading the Dragon Ball manga and I really was not expecting to see so much of Bulma's tits. Toriyama is a strange dude.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stuffguyman posted:

Roshi will finally unleash the ultimate tactic, the sexy commando.

If true, Goku can sit the gently caress down. Roshi's got this.:madmax:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Roshi will strip naked and sit smack dab in the center of the arena. Nobody will touch him and U7 will win

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

multijoe posted:

I've just finished reading the Dragon Ball manga and I really was not expecting to see so much of Bulma's tits. Toriyama is a strange dude.

You say that like he's not from japan or something. Like DB is not the first or only anime with tits and sex "jokes" in it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ironically when she came of age they stopped popping out

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, all of Dragon Ball was done in the mid to late 80s.

poo poo was way different in Japan in the 80s. Fist of the North Star was a kids show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-YLAGAC0JI

This was acceptable to show to children.

Hell even the violence of DBZ is kind of weird for a kids cartoon even in Japan. Mostly it was a product of being, again, from the 80s.

You won't see the same kind of bloody dismemberment and graphic kills that you occasionally got in Dragon Ball and DBZ in Dragon Ball Super.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Someone translated Dragon Garou Lee's short comic about Cell vs Arale. Dragon Garou Lee is the person who made the DBZ vs One Punch Man comics if you're unfamiliar with the name.

Edit: Also a new chapter of the DBZ vs One Punch Man saga!

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 18, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Can Of Worms posted:

Someone translated Dragon Garou Lee's short comic about Cell vs Arale. Dragon Garou Lee is the person who made the DBZ vs One Punch Man comics if you're unfamiliar with the name.

This is canonical

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kelp Plankton posted:

This is canonical

Someone go edit the wiki

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Can Of Worms posted:

Edit: Also a new chapter of the DBZ vs One Punch Man saga!

Man I wish this guy was doing the Super manga instead of Toyotaro.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Burkion posted:

You won't see the same kind of bloody dismemberment and graphic kills that you occasionally got in Dragon Ball and DBZ in Dragon Ball Super.

I remember being a kid and recording on a VHS tape the episode of the 23rd tournament where Piccolo ripped off his broken arm and sprayed blood everywhere, back when his blood was still red.

Bit of a far cry from today where Piccolo's arm effortlessly and cleanly detaches.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The only FotNS version I got for a while was the French madlibs ones that turns it into a comedy.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

So it took weeks of reading and watching, but I finally caught up with the thread and the anime both. Dragonball is really good you guys!

Also when the dub aired the episode when Mr. Satan was pulling an epic battle out of his rear end, I loving swore he said lord Beavis instead of Beebus or whatever. It inspired me to draw a thing in MS Paint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

Roshi will strip naked and sit smack dab in the center of the arena. Nobody will touch him and U7 will win

Why would anyone need to touch him in a reality where people shoot giant lasers?

• Locked thread