Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I want reading to go up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Wolves are letting jorge mendes handle all their transfers this summer

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
So, err, am I right in thinking you can't watch red button on Sky Go? I'd quite like to watch our playoff if it's all the same with Sky

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mfcrocker posted:

So, err, am I right in thinking you can't watch red button on Sky Go? I'd quite like to watch our playoff if it's all the same with Sky
Fulham vs. Reading? It's on Sky Sports 2.

Edit: Ah, I assume you mean the one tomorrow. I don't believe there is any way to watch that with Go, no. Given they still use Silverlight so it's literally broken in all browsers except IE, don't get your hopes up about that ever changing!

Tunga fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 13, 2017

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nasty tackle that

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

I'm pretty happy with that draw tbh

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Ross with the wild swing on halfway

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

See you next year, Football League Thread!

Lots of love, Forest Green Rovers x

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sebzilla posted:

See you next year, Football League Thread!

Lots of love, Forest Green Rovers x

Stadium Capacity: 5,141
Population: 5,794

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Blue Star Error posted:

Stadium Capacity: 5,141
Population: 5,794

Sure but if you roll in Stroud and Painswick and I don't know like Dursley or some poo poo then you're looking at maybe 20k. Whatever. Let's build a new even bigger stadium out by the M5, what could go wrong?

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

mfcrocker posted:

Sorry for being too late to help you on this but to help future people you can indeed watch red button, to an extent. It isn't listed on the sky go site but there is an extra channel on its own page called sky sports extra. This channel will show the most prominent action that is on the red button viewing at that moment. I use it to watch NFL redzone which is always a red button only option.

It isn't guaranteed it'll show what you want if there are multiple red button programmes but it mostly will be what you want.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Forest Green going up is cool. 130 years of non-league football.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Villa have £1m available for transfers this summer not including money raised from player sales because of FFP rules

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Bit of a shame we didn't beat Carlisle, could've probably scored 7, but a great game to waatch

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jose posted:

Villa have £1m available for transfers this summer not including money raised from player sales because of FFP rules

Hangover from the Randy era, we have a lot of unused/on-loan players on absurd contracts and it's caught up with us this season - although splashing £30m on Ross McCormack who we shipped off to Forest after half a season, and Hogan who gets a bad injury every 30 minutes doesn't help.

The positive of all this is hopefully we'll start playing some of our youngsters a bit more, because Aston Villa seem deathly afraid of giving youth players a chance and would rather blow huge wage packets on poo poo 30+ year old mercenaries. Which is bizarre. We have several promising youth right now in Hepburn-Murphy, Green and Davis who I'd love to see play a bigger role next season.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

sebzilla posted:

Let's build a new even bigger stadium out by the M5, what could go wrong?

I thought this was a joke but turns out its not only true but its going to be "entirely made of wood"

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

I thought this was a joke but turns out its not only true but its going to be "entirely made of wood"

well, the owner is some kind of ecomentalist hippie vegan so that checks out.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Blue Star Error posted:

a very pretty stadium

that will never be built

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

kcer posted:

a very pretty stadium

that will never be built

Their owner is enough of a mentalist that it could actually happen.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/ChrisDHWaugh/st...-close-13039687

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
It's Sheffield Wednesday, to save you a click.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The hell..?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pardew would be a good hire for a newly promoted side. Rely on the Pardew effect (tm) to stay up for a year. Sack him halfway through the next season, and rely on the new manager bounce to keep them up that next year. Eventually hire Big Sam.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I think we should persist with calvahalasllsl till September

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sign Pardew and get the one good season out of him then get a better manager imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Kermorgant learned his lesson on penalties I guess

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pulling your hamstring 2 minutes into a playoff is no good

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I'm doing a European style rooting for Wednesday

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mooy is only on loan so if we do want to sign him Huddersfield going up isn't as big of an issue

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
The final that everyone wanted to see

flowbee abortion
Feb 13, 2004

Horse Inspector posted:

He's a loving idiot who bought the club as nothing more than a way to get richer buy purchasing distressed debt on the cheap; thinking that because he controlled both the lender and borrower he could make sure the debt was paid in full to tax haven entities.

Except it turns out he's a loving lovely football club owner who hosed it all up, so he shoved some good money after bad to make sure his scheme would work but it hasn't and now it's backfired spectacularly.

aye, wonder what the interest rate on that poo poo is now. think she was 5% last I checked.

add mcfucktard playing volleyball with midgets and it's going to be an exciting race to stay out of relegation for us. gently caress

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

The Royals are going up

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Breath Ray posted:

The final that everyone wanted to see

Let's have our own final

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
We'll always have the last game of the season

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
i'm sad for my friend breath ray but glad we will still have his excellent posts in the football league thread

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

poo poo Farm posted:

i'm sad for my friend breath ray but glad we will still have his excellent posts in the football league thread

It also means both Sheffield teams are in the same division.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress my poor gay heart why do I support this stupid club.

Wembley calls!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

poo poo Farm posted:

Thanks poo poo farm that makes me feel a bit better. Also looking forward to getting that £100 all you can watch efl live game package

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa have made their first signing for this summer - Roberto Carlos

https://twitter.com/Dr_TonyXia/status/865411998997037056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
miwaw

• Locked thread