Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

You don't know how to drive, it's a late model BMW, LOL fwd fagg0t, huff puff, coccaine, etc etc, my sister is hot

Mods please ban this account it is quite obviously a Tony alt trying to dodge probation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

Let me guess.

MP4/4.

You got it!

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

They should make a classic car dlc with Hunt's Hesketh, Senna's Tolman, and Alonso's Minardi amongst other things. Just a "here's a bunch of poo poo from before they were champs." dlc.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I remember there was an F1 game for the dreamcast that had all sorts of old f1 cars you could race.

That poo poo was dope.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

FartingBedpost posted:

They should make a classic car dlc with Hunt's Hesketh, Senna's Tolman, and Alonso's Minardi amongst other things. Just a "here's a bunch of poo poo from before they were champs." dlc.

Agreed without irony

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

I remember there was an F1 game for the dreamcast that had all sorts of old f1 cars you could race.

That poo poo was dope.

I remember playing the N64 F1 game with Hawaii as a track.

Or something.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

I remember playing the N64 F1 game with Hawaii as a track.

Or something.

F-1 World Gran Prix II

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

F-1 World Gran Prix II

Nope it was the first one actually. I remember "Driver Williams" and using that as the cheatcode entry to unlock Hawaii.

Also!

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/864955985919696897

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Best EA F1 game was F1 '99-'02. I'd race with my keyboard with all assists now. It would literally brake for me.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I can't remember which one it was, but it was on the PS1, but if I attempted to lead a race, I could never ever separate myself from the chasing pack but if I sat myself in second, I could end up lapping everyone up to myself and then steal it on the last lap. Old AI was loving dogshit

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I can't remember which one it was, but it was on the PS1, but if I attempted to lead a race, I could never ever separate myself from the chasing pack but if I sat myself in second, I could end up lapping everyone up to myself and then steal it on the last lap. Old AI was loving dogshit

gently caress rubber band AI.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

gently caress rubber band AI.

Mariokart.txt

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Mariokart.txt

:tizzy:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Mariokart.txt

gently caress don't get me god drat started on this. My blood pressure is already going up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

Mariokart.txt

More like needforspeedunderground2.mpeg

you could be 3 miles ahead and the AI would pass you in the last 3 turns.

had some bumpin speakers in the back of my tiburon though

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
The MP4/4 in Forza 6 is pretty fun

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Mariokart.txt

What's your Beerio Kart strategy?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I remember on one of the Need for Speed games you could rig the races. If you did a "free race" on one course, then that same race course and type on career mode, the free race settings would carry over.

So in other words, you could take what should be a very difficult, near end of career race, and turn it into a race against chumps.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Old school Super Monaco Gp on Sega Megadrive, using manual shift, sucks now looking back at it

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
While looking for that one Dreamcast game I found someone who put in a cheat code for Maldonado Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRSRQMRP2c&t=105s

Quality soundtrack too, Formula EJ eat your heart out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

There's a really good Assetto Corsa mod too.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

HJB posted:

While looking for that one Dreamcast game I found someone who put in a cheat code for Maldonado Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWRSRQMRP2c&t=105s

Quality soundtrack too, Formula EJ eat your heart out.

lol if you didn't play racing games by driving around the circuit the wrong way and trying to hit every car

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Confession time: On that N64 World Grand Prix game, if you drove into the back of another car, after a couple of seconds they'd lurch to one side and smash into a wall if the track was narrow enough, so I used to try and do that until I was the only one still running.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

HJB posted:

Confession time: On that N64 World Grand Prix game, if you drove into the back of another car, after a couple of seconds they'd lurch to one side and smash into a wall if the track was narrow enough, so I used to try and do that until I was the only one still running.

Okay pastor

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh GOD those loving wheels you monster

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

GramCracker posted:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think so, yes

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HJB posted:

Human Grand Prix/F1 Pole Position 64 was cool because half the field would DNF in any given race.

And they would just stop near the track for the rest of the race.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 18, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

What's your Beerio Kart strategy?

You chug it all at the start, duh. That's why we started playing it with Project Gotham 2 instead, there's actually more than one strategy.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

You chug it all at the start, duh. That's why we started playing it with Project Gotham 2 instead, there's actually more than one strategy.

At least one of us is on the same page. And hold up. What is this PGR2 beer drinking you speak of? :crossarms: PGR2 and 3 are maybe my top car games of all time along with Ridge Racer 64 and Forza 4

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

People play Mario Kart sober?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

No

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

At least one of us is on the same page. And hold up. What is this PGR2 beer drinking you speak of? :crossarms: PGR2 and 3 are maybe my top car games of all time along with Ridge Racer 64 and Forza 4

We played tons of PGR2 in high school and college because it's the best racing game of all time; eventually we incorporated drinking into the mix. Everyone has one beer, you can start drinking when the race starts, you can't be touching your controller while drinking, and you must finish your beer before you cross the finish line.

Yokohama Sakuragicho is the best racing track in video game history, I will fight anyone on this. It's seems so simple but it's so difficult to get every corner right.

1500quidporsche posted:

Yes, I have a Switch and I play MK8 over lunch at work.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The best racing game of all time is actually Ridge Racer Type 4 on the PS1.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I don't get this joke.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alan is secretly a drift king

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

I don't get this joke.

It's no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is going waaay over my head.

• Locked thread