Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

NTRabbit posted:

That's good, I guess?

I mean, half the NBA just started up an eSports league with owned teams, so there must be something to it.

Really reaching here

I'm a big fan of the move, I like LoL over DotA (gently caress Valve) and moving into the space is a pretty progressive one. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out because it's such a new thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm a big fan of the move, I like LoL over DotA (gently caress Valve) and moving into the space is a pretty progressive one. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out because it's such a new thing.

True, I guess not being a fan of MOBAs in particular is the only thing bothering me, but that's where the eSports money is.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
mobas are a blight

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Crows should pay me to play Planetside 2 (RIP dead game).

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
It's dumb as gently caress, on the other hand if they were talking about a rocket league team I'd be paying attention

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What's all this nerd poo poo then

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
I can understand there is money to be made in it all but I still dont really get the team affiliation thing. Is anyone really going to care for the Adelaide Crows DOTA team?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Solemn Sloth posted:

It's dumb as gently caress, on the other hand if they were talking about a rocket league team I'd be paying attention

Well yeah, every team should have a car-ball team so that we could have that running alongside the AFL season.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

TG-Chrono posted:

LoL over DotA

Filthy Casual

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Brisbane have come out and announced 9 players have been re-signed so far:
https://twitter.com/lionsaflw/status/864762880142397440
No Tayla Harris mentioned.

And something is wrong at Collingwood (Eddie perhaps?) an exodus of their top players.

quote:

A day after Magpie women’s best-and-fairest winner Nicola Stevens was traded to Carlton, vice-captain Alicia Eva — who finished second in the club award — has told the Magpies she wishes to explore her trade options.

It is believed that Eva, 26, has attracted interest from both Melbourne-based and interstate clubs, but Greater Western Sydney is considered well in the mix.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/153f8b8d796f3d9ab3797200db1905b5
So there ya go, Day 3 of AFLW movement. I wonder when other clubs will publicly name re-signed players.

Also yesterday was 158 years since the first rules of Australian Football were codified. Happy Birthday footy.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 17, 2017

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

TG-Chrono posted:

The Crows have bought an Australian League of Legends team.
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-05-17/crows-strike-esports-agreement

Waiting to see if any other clubs dip the toe into the same field.

Where's the AFL Evolution esports team?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

The ladder predictor is fun when the league is this close at this point in the season.

I can get Melbourne to 4th or 12th going into the bye depending on how i play results out. And the differences aren't even that crazy - St Kilda would need to drop games but it's entirely possible they could drop to Sydney and the Dogs in the next two weeks. Or they could win both.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Windmill Hut posted:

The ladder predictor is fun when the league is this close at this point in the season.

I can get Melbourne to 4th or 12th going into the bye depending on how i play results out. And the differences aren't even that crazy - St Kilda would need to drop games but it's entirely possible they could drop to Sydney and the Dogs in the next two weeks. Or they could win both.

We will lose against north

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

quote:

Legacy also fields rosters in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Rocket League, and SMITE.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Rocket league is the Eddie Bettsest game going round

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/DanielCherny/status/865071243212365825

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Can we trade someone from our mens team for a womens league player?

I'll give Brisbane Jay Kennedy-Harris

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Am I imagining it or is the Thursday night teams announcement later every year?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

realbez posted:

Am I imagining it or is the Thursday night teams announcement later every year?

Thursday night has been 6:25 EST for the last 3 or 4 years, ever since channel 7 got their exclusive embargo stuck in the contract, while Friday final lists tend to be about 5ish

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Everyone on the Crows DOTA team is going to look like Darren Jarman

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Everyone on the Crows DOTA team is going to look like Darren Jarman

Tbh its way more likely they'll look like Peter Bell

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
What does a football club having a DOTA team actually mean? Like, do the players play online or like, I probably shouldn't be asking this because I don't even know what DOTA is as I'm as antisocial online as I am in person and pretty much just play single player games.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thepokey posted:

What does a football club having a DOTA team actually mean? Like, do the players play online or like, I probably shouldn't be asking this because I don't even know what DOTA is as I'm as antisocial online as I am in person and pretty much just play single player games.

The Crows just bought a Davis cup team, except they play team videogames instead of tennis, and there's a whole series of smaller qualifier tournaments before getting to the big one.

e: Fagan was just on radio saying there won't be a branding change any time soon, and they've already had new sponsors making enquiries today; their only existing sponsor is Asus, I believe.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 09:32 on May 18, 2017

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ty's back, baby!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Ty's back, baby!

Now that's what I call catastrophic

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

After we lost because our inside midfield took an eye watering battering two weeks in a row, the club has made a statement, by dropping a key forward and an outside runner.

Brad Crouch is basically the sunk cost fallacy personified.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

NTRabbit posted:

After we lost because our inside midfield took an eye watering battering two weeks in a row, the club has made a statement, by dropping a key forward and an outside runner.

Brad Crouch is basically the sunk cost fallacy personified.

And replaced them with two more inside mids. Seems... fine?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

racing identity posted:

And replaced them with two more inside mids. Seems... fine?

Should have dumped the poo poo inside mid, not given him a free pass to beat up on Brisbane and Freo in successive weeks and pump the bandwagon back up, before he vanishes in a puff of piss against Geelong yet again.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Now that's what I call catastrophic

https://twitter.com/HawthornFC/status/865092654857461760

Hopefully his football is unrecognisable too

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Josh Bruce :getout:

Paddy McCartin :getin:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Swans ins scare me. I just hope they are all underdone.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

quote:

“I stuffed up in hitting him in the head, but I can say truthfully that I wasn’t trying to do what I did,” Greene said.

“I was trying to punch the ball. I one hundred per cent didn’t try to punch him in the head — I tried to punch the ball.”

Said they were close to challenging, but afraid of missing the 3rd week.

On 360 after he said “It looks bad in slow motion. I think I deserved a week because I hit him in the head, but I don’t think it deserved to be graded as intentional" Robbo said "I agree with him". Well I disagree with both of them.

What a delusional dickhead Greene is. If you were trying to punch the ball than you would have gone in with a straight arm instead of a hooked punch. Just admit that you deliberately punched Caleb in the head just like you headbutted Heeney and punched the bloke the week before.

edit: He also didn't mean to assault that guy at Zagame's. I mean, he king hit him but he was aiming for the eye socket rather than the jaw, so technically not intentional

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:15 on May 18, 2017

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
so when do gws trade him to collingwood?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

snaeksikn posted:

so when do gws trade him to collingwood?

Isn't he a forward? Collingwood only like midfielders (and Chris Mayne)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Speaking of garbage people, holy poo poo Justin Murphy

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Testekill posted:

Speaking of garbage people, holy poo poo Justin Murphy

Just googled this and what the gently caress? Jailed for taking a blow torch to his partner amongst other things. Jesus Christ.

Only got 6 months lol

realbez fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 18, 2017

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

quote:

A police report detailed an incident in October during which Ms Scott opened her garage door to find Murphy sitting naked on the dog’s bed and grunting incoherently and rolling around.

:stare:

Stephen Hill back in the side :getin:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
What the gently caress how did they decide 6 months was the most appropriate sentence and not 20 times that minimum?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

What the gently caress how did they decide 6 months was the most appropriate sentence and not 20 times that minimum?

Courts thinking that a smaller sentence and drug counseling is appropriate punishment. I mean he only caused her to lose a finger by attacking her with a blowtorch so clearly he's an individual that just needs more drug counseling.

Seriously though, dudes an icehead and that poo poo fries peoples minds something fierce.

edit:

Tweedie is making his VFL debut this weekend. Looks like he might be lining up against Wylie Buzza

Testekill fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
A good article for Saints fans to read: http://figuringfooty.com/2017/05/18/are-st-kilda-a-sleeping-giant/

• Locked thread