Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Do you get that for placing or does one need to at least place in platinum/diamond HL or TL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Is nu-Tyrande's healing good enough to qualify as solo support or does she need to be paired up with someone? Basically, when should I try to draft her?

She definitely is a secondary support. She can self sustain and get someone out of danger in a pinch, but if you go against a true support they will outdo you any day.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

Do you get that for placing or does one need to at least place in platinum/diamond HL or TL?

For HL you need platinum or better; for Team League you just need to finish placements.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kyrosiris posted:

For HL you need platinum or better; for Team League you just need to finish placements.

Wait, seriously? I can just grab any 4 randos and if we play 10 games we all get a raptor?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Wait, seriously? I can just grab any 4 randos and if we play 10 games we all get a raptor?

Yep, the basic raptor gets handed out all the way down to Bronze for Team League.

The Epic one (with the face armor) requires Master in either league though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

Remember how they announced "2017 season 1" without showing off the mounts?

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/864893646646034433

Worth the wait :circlefap:

Yesss, the perfect mount for my Cableonya.

The epic variant looks pretty bad compared to the normal one, sadly.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Yep, the basic raptor gets handed out all the way down to Bronze for Team League.

The Epic one (with the face armor) requires Master in either league though.

Do the season rewards stack between the league's at the end of the season?

I did my hero league placements and got gold 1 (and 75% of the way to plat 5). If the site I looked at is correct I should get something like 1k gold and no mount. If I play team league and get gold do I get the mount and 2k gold (1k for TL, 1k for HL) or just the better of the two?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Primetime posted:

Do the season rewards stack between the league's at the end of the season?

I did my hero league placements and got gold 1 (and 75% of the way to plat 5). If the site I looked at is correct I should get something like 1k gold and no mount. If I play team league and get gold do I get the mount and 2k gold (1k for TL, 1k for HL) or just the better of the two?

That I have no idea. I think you get both?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://fat.gfycat.com/JovialImportantArmedcrab.webm

Leoric and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad, No Good Play.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Minrad posted:

Leoric and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad, No Good Play.

I can't imagine what Leo was thinking tombing an Anub and an Uther. :psyduck:

Incidentally, video evidence that Charged Strikes is a hilariously unreasonable level 1 talent.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 17, 2017

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Thanks for the recc's, everybody; played some Diablo (err, "played as Diablo," that is) to dip my toe in, but I'll definitely check out Nazeebo, Arthas/Johanna, and Li Li. :)

This is more of a general-MOBA-thing I've never quite grokked, but - what are you supposed to do with yourself when you're too beat up to meaningfully contribute to whatever's going on? I mean, obviously grab a fountain if one's nearby, but otherwise... hearth back? I think I'm always too reluctant to B, just because being out of the fight / out of lane feels so punishing. (and i'm afraid my teammates will call me a noob for being so obviously out-of-position :ohdear:)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It depends if your character has good regen options. Diablo doesn't so yeah hearth. The sooner you realize you need to the sooner you get back into the fight.

When in doubt just soak XP that's always useful, even if there's perhaps more useful things you could have done.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Ghost of Starman posted:

This is more of a general-MOBA-thing I've never quite grokked, but - what are you supposed to do with yourself when you're too beat up to meaningfully contribute to whatever's going on? I mean, obviously grab a fountain if one's nearby, but otherwise... hearth back? I think I'm always too reluctant to B, just because being out of the fight / out of lane feels so punishing. (and i'm afraid my teammates will call me a noob for being so obviously out-of-position :ohdear:)

In most cases being alive is more important than doing a hail Mary outplay to secure an objective. Generally early game objectives are too weak to make it worth feeding xp (and the death timer) and dying late game with 60 second timers can be enough to end a game outright.

If you cant drink and don't have a healer nearby, just recall and go right back to the objective. If you get back fast enough you can use your hp/Mana advantage to force the enemy team back and maybe get a steal, or minimally you are full hp to help defend your base

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
It's better to hearth out than to risk staying in a fight when critically low on health and giving the enemy the XP from killing you plus a numbers advantage while you're respawning.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Ghost of Starman posted:

Thanks for the recc's, everybody; played some Diablo (err, "played as Diablo," that is) to dip my toe in, but I'll definitely check out Nazeebo, Arthas/Johanna, and Li Li. :)

If you have no other immediate means to recover your health, you're generally better off moving to a safe spot and hearth rather than hanging around the edge of the battle where the enemy might catch you and kill you.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Ghost of Starman posted:

There's nothing wrong with playing conservatively. Even if you're at a good amount of health, if you're a hero that relies on mana to do anything meaningful -- like Nazeebo or Lili -- that's a good enough reason to hearth back. People who call you out for not dying were looking for an excuse to call you out anyway.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Also don't hearth in obvious places like near a fort if the other team has an Azmodan or Chromie or Tyrande. They'll be looking for snipes like that.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 17, 2017

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kanos posted:

Incidentally, video evidence that Charged Strikes is a hilariously unreasonable level 1 talent.

that was a piercing javelin

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

chumbler posted:

Also don't hearth in obvious places like near a fort if the other team has an Azmodan or Chromie or Tyrande. They'll be looking for snipes like that.

Or anywhere remotely along a path against Tyrande.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Ghost of Starman posted:

Be a pro and juke all enemy skillshots and then punish them hard when they tunnel vision and dive after you.

Otherwise just hearth back or retreat since it's not worth dying. If you're the tank, then encourage your team to disengage and soak or something.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Normal Adult Human posted:

that was a piercing javelin

It looked like a good use of the q build period. She also got to throw in 2 piercing javelins back to back, didn't she? Or were those regular throws? I'm personally a fan of the q build, and think it tends to get overshadowed by fend way too often.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I had a lot of fun with Cassia's Q build during her free rotation last week and I'm sad she's a newer hero than I thought she was. She's not gonna go on sale any time soon and there's several other characters competing for a purchase :(

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kanos posted:

I can't imagine what Leo was thinking tombing an Anub and an Uther. :psyduck:

The Leoric was also obsessed with Minrad's Cassia and would follow him around in ghost form waiting to beat him up when he resurrected.

At one point late in the match, L19 Leoric resurrected next to L20 Cassia at 40% health, 1v1 with no allies or enemies within helping distance. He lost.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I had a lot of fun with Cassia's Q build during her free rotation last week and I'm sad she's a newer hero than I thought she was. She's not gonna go on sale any time soon and there's several other characters competing for a purchase :(

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I tended to like her E build more, though. There's a few heroes on my need-to-get list before I get her, but she's probably on the top of the for-fun list.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I sort of wish at this point they'd just make Tyrande a different classification than support. I'm not saying support is wrong, she does have a heal. In QM though I'm finding a lot more victory from basically playing her as an assassin. I won't avoid healing teammates, but I also don't go out of my way to watch their health and my Q is self-sustain first. This makes me feel dirty, but it's working.

Edit: I know support and healing are not synonymous, before anyone gets on that.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 18, 2017

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Actually I feel like the matchmaker already considers her an Assassin. I've played many games where I do not pair with a support on the enemy team, or I get a second one on my team (and they still get one). I also saw an Auto-Select on my team get Malf with Tyrande.

Could just be a series of coincidences (it was all in QM) but... anecdotally...

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Good god just had a 40 minute Braxis match. D.Va's nuking the zergs every time and a loving Azmodunk who spent the entire game sitting at max dunk range plinking away and being completely useless and getting MVP because he died 4 times in 40 minutes.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Poultron posted:

Actually I feel like the matchmaker already considers her an Assassin. I've played many games where I do not pair with a support on the enemy team, or I get a second one on my team (and they still get one). I also saw an Auto-Select on my team get Malf with Tyrande.

Could just be a series of coincidences (it was all in QM) but... anecdotally...
Tyrande is in a special category that includes Tyrande, Abathur, Medivh, and Tassadar.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

And possibly Zarya?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Yes, Zarya too.

I'm bad but when I queue with a lower ranked friend for QM I find most of the enemy team is noticeably worse at the game than when I solo queue, as evidenced by how different their reactions are to Murky. I know he's a perennial thread favorite but I've always hated the concept behind the hero (lol troll lol) so I've never really played him until recently. He requires specific counter play knowledge that doesn't apply to any other hero and while I have actually been enjoying myself it does seem pretty unfair.

Also I'm going to assume Octo-Grab has a much lower pick rate than March on hotslogs simply because of Cleanse since Octo is a superstar in the target rich environment of QM. I dive in even if I know I'll only get 1s of extra stun on top of a CC'd hero because it will almost always secure a kill, and the solo kills against defenseless saps who wander around alone are icing on the cake. Bonus points for killing someone in front of another one of their teammates who desperately tries to slap the fishman away but doesn't make it in time.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Did the Varian QM reclassification change go live yet?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Olaf The Stout posted:

Did the Varian QM reclassification change go live yet?
I think so yea.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cho'Gall is currently kicking about a 52% winrate in QM. They're still abysmal in Hero League, of course, since the enemy team always gets at least one opportunity to counterpick him and HL you're playing with strangers instead of friends.

New Tyrande is exactly 50% winrate. New Alarak is 44%. Interesting stuff.

New Tyrande is really stressful to play, even compared to old Tyrande, because you need to have "healer vision" and "assassin vision" at the same time, and her heals are constantly up which is demanding on your attention to constantly check your team for who needs healing the most. Not to mention her sheer fragility and lack of any way to extricate herself from a bad situation.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

So Lunara seems pretty great against D.Va. You can just kite her mech form around forever and then blow up the pilot with Leaping Strikes

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Quest talents are cool and it's a shame more heroes don't have them.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It definitely looks like they're trying to head that way. Tyrande has a quest built into her kit now!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Sylv an Li-Ming quests pls.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm not sure D.Va is actually tagged as a warrior under the matchmaking rules. I've been running into QM compositions that are Tank + D.Va vs Tank all day long.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Why isn't there a "Hearthstone Innkeeper" announcer??

cmon blizz get it together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
(someone dc's and reconnects)

WELCOME BACK