Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

cowboy elvis posted:

Mueller seems like such a good choice that if he can't find anything, that's probably the truth then.

Agreed.

EFB
Also, this just broke
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/865013623311216641

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
All I want out of this anymore is an eventual end, but I'm eating this poo poo up like chow in boot.

It's like eating thanksgiving dinner and yearning for the couch, but there's still so much more to come.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Zeris posted:

lol you idiots think anything matters

I concur y'all get woodys at a strip club that won't finish the job

E: my favorite thought exercise is to imagine what the GOP would have done to ANY of this poo poo of Obama or hilldawg were in office

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Just wanna comment on that Sheriff David Clarke appointment....his job as head of the Milwaukee County Sheriff's​ has almost nothing to do with the policing of Milwaukee. I don't know if there is a term but Milwaukee is super 'jurisdiction'd'....meaning, aside from the Milwaukee Police Department the city has outlined a handful of municipalities within the urban area that all have their own police departments in conjunction with MPD. In short, he has nothing to do but oversee the jail, the interstates and transportation of inmates. He can't even do that.

I love how this Bannon philosophy of government often involves accusing people of being status seeking office holders who know nothing about 'getting things done.' And then people like Devos or this turd get appointments. I'd take liberals with half baked ideas over these people who apparently have nothing to offer but indignation.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't think Bannon wants a functional government.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Adam Schiff is very happy about Mueller.

That's heartening

edit: he also did independent investigations for takata airbag deaths, the nfl investigation of ray rice, and the vw dieselgate scandal

dang, also got a bronze star for valor in the marines

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 18, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
God dammit I'm getting hopeful again. Ah well if nothing else I'm going to keep a copy of Yertlre McConnell dropping a load in his drawers when he hears the news. gently caress you universe you can't take that much away from me!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Maddow tonight has basically been nothing but Mueller and it's pretty dang informative

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

If there's any fairness in this world, James Comey will be remembered as the man who crushed the lifetime dreams of Clinton and Trump alike. The man who took on both sides and got the last laugh.

What a legacy.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

So it turns out Flynn wasn't just interested in blackbagging Gulen for the Sultan's pleasure.

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/865018306511687680

There is nothing wrong with hiring a guy who impedes military action against ISIS because Turkey pays him some sweet-rear end green.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 18, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Dan Eggen from the Washington Post has a good summation of the day's news:

https://twitter.com/DanEggenWPost/status/865022080739299328

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lol dan rather just gave trump 3 weeks

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Dan Eggen from the Washington Post has a good summation of the day's news:

https://twitter.com/DanEggenWPost/status/865022080739299328

I think at this point things would be best represented as a dumpster fire made up of other dumpsters, also on fire.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

One of the congressional reporters is said that the word "treason" is seriously being used regarding Flynn today. Sorry, shim :(

Also check your PMs please.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Hope is a disease. Do not let it infect you. Enjoy the chaos.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

One of the congressional reporters is said that the word "treason" is seriously being used regarding Flynn today. Sorry, shim :(

I wonder if the money was worth it

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

facialimpediment posted:

The news tornado does not know how to slow down and we all live in a trailer park.

Tornado you say??

Idiot proposes to girlfriend in front of tornado.

You decide if he is an idiot for either proposing in front of a tornado or proposing.

Also:

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/864674484615348224

:newlol:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Pesticide20 posted:

I wonder if the money was worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3bSzDQ1Po

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 18, 2017

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

light or heavy? i hear the distinction is important.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Stop the white noise "nothing matters" poo poo, even aside from the possibility of Trump going down there is a very significant shake-up unfolding before us.

Until a majority of the GOP congress sees Potus as a sinking ship, they will wiggle and dance their way through whatever outrage or disappointment is necessary to not irk him while also placating constituents. Until a GOP group makes an actual move to stop the president, something they can't retract or write off if it fails, something that can actually snowball, nothing is gonna change. This whole investigation could conclude with a cabinet level official falling on their sword and nothing more. There is never a right and obvious time for party with ownership of the senate, house, and White House to suddenly forfeit the advantage. Voters don't keep score and don't reward idealolgical purity. They elected the pussy grabber, the guy who has literally not read a book in decades, who didn't release his tax returns and is not generally known to be clinically obese due to a corrupt MD's report, who dog whistled racism and made campaign promises that didn't even balance out with thirty seconds of bar napkin math. They are in this deep than we want to admit.

We have a ways to go before the rats give up on the ship.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 18, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Mr. Nice! posted:

How? At worst he was aiding Turkey, an ally.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wikileaks is already off and running trying to smear Mueller. I'm not gonna link their tweet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

joat mon posted:

How? At worst he was aiding Turkey, an ally.

Flynn literally delayed an operation against ISIS because Turkey wanted it delayed.

There might have been good arguments for delaying the operation, but Flynn was paid $500,000 by Turkey. So, why'd he recommend the delay? Does he even know why he recommended the delay, because Turkey was his friend or because it was the right call?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I want to believe this will bring down the POTUS, and at least some of his bullshit regime. If it fucks the GOP, good. Get some new blood and rebuild the party. I think this Mueller thing is our best hope right now.

Regardless, I am enjoying the chaos.

Along with the Arab Spring and 9/11, this might be one of the most significant events of my life, if it brings down the POTUS.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm facing a ban if trump gets the boot :ohdear:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeris posted:

who didn't release his tax returns

Those can be subpoenad right? Please tell me those can be subpoenad.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Two Finger posted:

For the good of the world, I hope to wake up one day (or come back from a run, since literally every insane loving thing over the past week and a half has happened while I've been on a run) to see you banned.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

For the good of the world, I hope to wake up one day (or come back from a run, since literally every insane loving thing over the past week and a half has happened while I've been on a run) to see you banned.

My posting that bad? :(

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

shyduck posted:

Wikileaks is already off and running trying to smear Mueller. I'm not gonna link their tweet.

if it was the one relating to a certain material, it's funny because the document they link to refutes THE VERY PREMISE OF THEIR loving POST

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Flynn literally delayed an operation against ISIS because Turkey wanted it delayed.

There might have been good arguments for delaying the operation, but Flynn was paid $500,000 by Turkey. So, why'd he recommend the delay? Does he even know why he recommended the delay, because Turkey was his friend or because it was the right call?

If you're talking 18 USC 2381 treason, you miss "enemy" and you miss specific treasonous intent. You might miss the two witness rule, too.
The founding fathers specifically and intentionally limited the definition of treason because the British often pulled the same "everything I don't like is treason" bullcrap.

But if you're talking Twitter tribe treason, carry on, just don't conflate it with the law against treason.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kelly Ann Conway was supposed to be on Tucker Carlson tonight to discuss the administration's view of Mueller.

She cancelled about an hour before she was going to be on. No one from the WH is talking

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I saw you sent a long one sorry I haven't had time to get to it yet I'll get to it tonight though.

Also it does look like he pushed Turkish interests after taking half a million from them. I don't know what the gently caress anymore. Maybe he's deeply compromised. Like really deeply compromised.

My prediction: He'll blow his own brains out before falling all the way down in a trial.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Two Finger posted:

If you get a ban for that, I'll joyfully rereg you.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

shyduck posted:

Jesus christ they aren't even pretending to be anything but a mouthpiece :psyduck:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

joat mon posted:

If you get a ban for that, I'll joyfully rereg you.

Nah I toxxed. My reasoning was ten bucks is a small price to pay in a sane world

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Do you eat a ban only in impeachment and conviction? Or if he resigns is it :rip:?

Because he will resign.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Theres no way Trump resigns. It'd be the ultimate embarrassment/defeat/submission. His world is entirely about domination, his ego would never stand for it.

Nixon, the poster child for grievance and paranoia, had at least enough sense of duty to allow for resignation.

Trump has no sense of duty.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

Do you eat a ban only in impeachment and conviction? Or if he resigns is it :rip:?

Because he will resign.

You really think Trump will resign? He can't even let go of having a smaller crowd than Obama and wants to have one more scoop of ice cream than everyone else. The petulant little poo poo will go down in flames, screaming about how horribly he's been mistreated the entire way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

Because he will resign.

I guess it depends on Zeris but I think at the time I said impeached and removed

• Locked thread