Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

NowonSA posted:

If they really want to do Sword they can do Sword, you just call it something else. Some other secret agency that was made to deal with alien stuff after Thor showed up and they got access to spaceships somehow, problem solved.

Not as cool, but you can certainly do the basic premise without the names or characters.

call it "sheath"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

S.P.E.A.R.

Special
Protective
Extraterrestrial
Action
Responders

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

All government agencies should be acronyms.

edit:

Special
Active
Bureau for
Extraterrestrial
Response

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Can't wait for Talbot to come back with a sick-nasty head scar and take over New Bordeaux

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Does Fox have rights to any Marvel concept associated with the X-Men even if said concept debuted after the rights purchase? Because SWORD entered well after the X movies began.

Either way, we might see Mack with some sort of space shotgun laser axe, so I am very excited.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Incidentally, SHIELD's magic-oriented suborganization is

Wizardry
And
Necromancy
Division

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
One request, please have Dum Dum up there running the place.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I kind of enjoyed the little ironic twist that even AIDA couldn't tell an LMD from the real deal.

EDIT: Also possibly the only time in this season when an LMD was actually used for the purpose it was designed for

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

NowonSA posted:

If they really want to do Sword they can do Sword, you just call it something else. Some other secret agency that was made to deal with alien stuff after Thor showed up and they got access to spaceships somehow, problem solved.

Not as cool, but you can certainly do the basic premise without the names or characters.

CLOC :v:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Does Fox have rights to any Marvel concept associated with the X-Men even if said concept debuted after the rights purchase? Because SWORD entered well after the X movies began.

Either way, we might see Mack with some sort of space shotgun laser axe, so I am very excited.

Marvel can use characters who are tied to mutants or the X-Men as long as they have precedence to be involved in the license of another franchise.

Most of the characters they're using for the upcoming New Warriors show are mutants in the comics, but are still able to show up because they're not singularly associated with the X-men license. The same goes for Molly in Runaways. They just their powers from elsewhere.

So it depends on whether SWORD falls under just the X-Men license or if it's part of the SHIELD license as well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope next season opens with "look who we found in space!" and it's Ward. Except he's free of Hive and wants to make up for being evil.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I rewatched the end to be sure but I actually think we might be jumping the gun entirely on even assuming that they were taken up to space and that scene was the same Coulson in the diner. I don't really have any basis for it but my first thought when I saw it was that its a different Coulson who's been in space for awhile, for whatever reason, and that's the secret Ghost Rider knew.

I have absolutely no basis for that. And presumably if Coulson was a LMD Aida would have noticed when she hooked him up to the Framework. So I have no idea what it could be. But whatever the hell Coulson and Robbie were talking about is a possible wild card.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Anyone have a list of all these not SHIELD organizations?

STAC Goat posted:

I rewatched the end to be sure but I actually think we might be jumping the gun entirely on even assuming that they were taken up to space and that scene was the same Coulson in the diner. I don't really have any basis for it but my first thought when I saw it was that its a different Coulson who's been in space for awhile, for whatever reason, and that's the secret Ghost Rider knew.

I have absolutely no basis for that. And presumably if Coulson was a LMD Aida would have noticed when she hooked him up to the Framework. So I have no idea what it could be. But whatever the hell Coulson and Robbie were talking about is a possible wild card.

The deal is that Coulson has to tell Hulk that he didn't die first.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Anyone have a list of all these not SHIELD organizations?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.H.I.E.L.D.

Who knew?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

NowonSA posted:

Agents of the Space Patrol Orbital Operations Network must deny its existence if questioned.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

STAC Goat posted:

That would be interesting, but it'd require Coulson fake to have a soul to bargain with. Now LMD Coulson in space, I mean... maybe? Anything's possible, but I don't expect something other than Shield got taken into space for reasons.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It seems that not only Iain De Caestecker is a great actor, but Fitz too. I really bought that Jemma was badly hurt and was preparing for her to miraculously survive or have her brain loaded into an LMD.

I think given AIDA's pretty good character arc, she could have had a better sendoff than just having her burn to death without so much as final words. Also, this would probably have worked much better as a two parter with the previous ep. This one felt like everything was just winding down after last week's tremendous acting showcases/all-hell-breaks-loose events--as a standalone finale this ep was pretty medium.

Jed Whedon said that they can pretty much go anywhere that upcoming movies aren't going, but my hope is that they can at least go to some places that we've seen in previous movies and maybe get some movie guests again! With Ragnarok on the horizon, they could get Sif, and Zachary Levi is no stranger to TV. Not gonna hold out for any of the Guardians but maybe John C. Reilly?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Argue posted:

Jed Whedon said that they can pretty much go anywhere that upcoming movies aren't going, but my hope is that they can at least go to some places that we've seen in previous movies and maybe get some movie guests again! With Ragnarok on the horizon, they could get Sif, and Zachary Levi is no stranger to TV. Not gonna hold out for any of the Guardians but maybe John C. Reilly?

Unless Blindspot is cancelled mid season, we'll probably not get Sif.

I could see a Tessa Thompson cameo happening though.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Alpha Flight can't be used either :( They're a x-men property too and there's rumors of Fox making a movie of them. (Although the producer/pr guy/director? that talked about called it X-Flight)

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We have to get SWORD, right? It's a bloody Whedon thing.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope next season opens with "look who we found in space!" and it's Ward. Except he's free of Hive and wants to make up for being evil.

So they just find a corpse? Because Hive wasn't mind-controlling a living Ward, he was wearing Ward's very dead body like a lovely Armani suit.

Argue posted:

I think given AIDA's pretty good character arc, she could have had a better sendoff than just having her burn to death without so much as final words. Also, this would probably have worked much better as a two parter with the previous ep. This one felt like everything was just winding down after last week's tremendous acting showcases/all-hell-breaks-loose events--as a standalone finale this ep was pretty medium.

While a big powers fight would have been cool, I like that AIDA was brought down by her naivety and desire for very personal revenge. She wanted to be human and she learned the hard way that being human takes a lifetime of learning. Oh and you run the risk of crossing a motor hell demon and getting your rear end burned up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

So they just find a corpse? Because Hive wasn't mind-controlling a living Ward, he was wearing Ward's very dead body like a lovely Armani suit.

They don't find Ward, they find W.A.R.D.

Also, I echo also wanting an extremely climatic final battle with Aida and Ghost Rider but seeing her get played like she did when Coulson's head burst into flames was also very cool.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

AIDA's big mistake was transferring to a human body, even one with powers; that was the beginning of her long slide. She couldn't handle the emotions and didn't have time to get a grip on them; they clouded her judgment. I thought it was appropriate that both she and Radcliffe, who were manipulators rather than fighters, got cornered and essentially snuffed out by the far greater forces they set in motion.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

homullus posted:

AIDA's big mistake was transferring to a human body, even one with powers; that was the beginning of her long slide. She couldn't handle the emotions and didn't have time to get a grip on them; they clouded her judgment. I thought it was appropriate that both she and Radcliffe, who were manipulators rather than fighters, got cornered and essentially snuffed out by the far greater forces they set in motion.

Agreed. Seeing Ophelia get chumped was amazing and appropriate.

Radcliffe, at the end, realized exactly what he'd done and felt that he deserved everything that happened to him. Also, without Agnes, he had no reason to bother trying to make up for it. He played that beautifully. I really hoped,somehow, he'd get to see Agnes one last time, but, nope, he just went poof.

Edit: Contrast with Fitz who has Gemma and an entire time that loves and supports him. He has a reason to overcome his guilt.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

We have to get SWORD, right? It's a bloody Whedon thing.

Tied to x-men rights unfortunately, guys on the show said they can't use it :(

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
It's's open season on all suckheads in Marvel's Agents of B.L.A.D.E.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

hamsystem posted:

It's's open season on all suckheads in Marvel's Agents of B.L.A.D.E.

Are there vampires to hunt in space?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Klungar posted:

If there's not there should be.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Do Marvel have the rights to Dire Wraiths or are they with ROM hanging with Joes and Transformers?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Klungar posted:

Yep.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Klungar posted:

In the comics Dracula had a base on the moon, so yes.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The MSJ posted:

Do Marvel have the rights to Dire Wraiths or are they with ROM hanging with Joes and Transformers?

They're with ROM, sadly - they were mentioned in the original ROM commercial so they belong to Hasbro.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DoctorWhat posted:

They're with ROM, sadly - they were mentioned in the original ROM commercial so they belong to Hasbro.

It's not that cut and dry. There's actually some stuff that went down recently regarding that and is still in process. It's probably going to end up being a joint custody thing at best because almost everything identifiable about them was created by Marvel and when IDW revived the franchise they changed them up quite a bit. Even many years after the ROM license lapsed Marvel still used the Dire Wraiths in stories and merchandise, even in the last couple years.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

From that page, another possibility:

quote:

A similar group as S.W.O.R.D., likewise affiliated with the U.N., is Starcore, which has worked with S.H.I.E.L.D. on several projects of joint interest, including establishing and maintaining a crewed facility on Earth's Moon.

Could definitely tie in with the Inhumans series if the royal family abandons their city on the moon which then gets occupied by S.H.I.E.L.D.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Doggles posted:

Could definitely tie in with the Inhumans series if the royal family abandons their city on the moon which then gets occupied by S.H.I.E.L.D.

Did any form of media ever clarify what H.A.M.M.E.R. stands for?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Aleph Null posted:

Did any form of media ever clarify what H.A.M.M.E.R. stands for?

You're not cleared for that.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Clark Gregg cosplaying as Ghost Rider.

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GJ_FEake8
Chloe and Gabe also dressed up as Rocket Raccoon and Star Lord

Look at this. They TOLD us Coulson would become Ghost Rider.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Bring on the Special Police Agency for Control of Extraterrestrials.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

SHIELD People Experiencing Confusion In Alien Landscapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Kheldarn posted:

Look at this. They TOLD us Coulson would become Ghost Rider.

That video is one of the reasons I love this cast.

• Locked thread