Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Unironically going to main twin tail hair punching Nicki Minaj and you cant stop me

Also I don't really like the Splatoon 2 us pro controller, joycons, or case. Japan got the better deal with the all in one switch box that carries docks, and their more colorful accessories. Glad I preordered mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

robot roll call posted:

going on a work thing for a week, do I grab shovel knight, wonderboy or a combo of blastermaster and tumbleseed? I'm leaning towards shovel knight or the blastermaster combo...

Shovel knight and kamiko.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

man every time I beat the animal crossing level in mk8 I just gotta let that music play for a loop or three :3:

if they bring out a full 3D AC that looks anything like the mk8 level, they are going to print money

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

robot roll call posted:

going on a work thing for a week, do I grab shovel knight, wonderboy or a combo of blastermaster and tumbleseed? I'm leaning towards shovel knight or the blastermaster combo...

I'd go Shovel Knight first but they're all worth a buy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
NOOOOOOOOO they went with green and pink instead of green and purple!

Also:

Shovel Knight

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I told all you fuckers months ago arms was gonna be amazing and you didn't believe me!!!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm glad someone took ridiculous anime hair to its logical conclusion and turned it into a deadly weapon.

Kabuki Quantum Fighter did this back on the NES.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Kabuki Quantum Fighter did this back on the NES.

And even then Jojo's Bizarre Adventure did fighting hair back in 92.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Shovel knight and kamiko.

already got Kamiko! sounds like shovel knight it is!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Sold

Also

https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/864979874838179840

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
All this hype for the new Nintendo feels very weird but also faintly comforting

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

deadwing posted:

man every time I beat the animal crossing level in mk8 I just gotta let that music play for a loop or three :3:

if they bring out a full 3D AC that looks anything like the mk8 level, they are going to print money

Switch needs Animal Crossing. There hasn't been a proper one since New Leaf and that's been entirely too long.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I dunno, a HUGE part of the appeal of advance wars for me is the amazing sprite animations. The 3D looks cool and tries to be the same, but... just isn't that appealing. It looks generic instead of amazing.

DLC Inc posted:

isn't there already a better Advance Wars clone called Wargroove coming to Switch?

Andrast posted:

How do you know it's better (or any good at all) when neither has been released yet?

Wargroove has sprites; wargroove is better :colbert:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I want the watermelon-colored Joy-cons, but for some reason, the Pro controller looks hideous.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
ARMS is less than a month out and there's a beta coming, so I made a thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820816

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 18, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

enojy posted:

I want the watermelon-colored Joy-cons, but for some reason, the Pro controller looks hideous.

The problem is there's no colour in the middle, so the pink and green end up as these weird off-balance accents.

If they'd done this, it'd be perfect:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Morby posted:

Switch needs Animal Crossing. There hasn't been a proper one since New Leaf and that's been entirely too long.

Pfft, that was only...

FIVE YEARS AGO?!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ARMS looks... good?

Hello I am buying this so I can have a green joycon and my Niece can have a pretty pink joycon while we play Mario Karts :3:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Inzombiac posted:

Pfft, that was only...

FIVE YEARS AGO?!

I actually started playing New Leaf again recently and was pretty shocked when my villagers told me they hadn't seen me in 3 loving years.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm glad I gave BotW a third chance on the Switch, I'm getting into it a lot now. Maybe it's just me but it feels like it makes so much more sense on a portable console.

Just finished my first Divine Beast, so back to a wanderin' I go :toot:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Infinitum posted:

ARMS looks... good?

Hello I am buying this so I can have a green joycon and my Niece can have a pretty pink joycon while we play Mario Karts :3:

ARMS was clearly going to be great from the start

Unbelievers don't deserve ARMS

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is the test punch one hour a day again or so we get to play all day on the dates or what.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cojawfee posted:

Is the test punch one hour a day again or so we get to play all day on the dates or what.

Yea, the dates and times are on the eShop entry text. Looked really similar to the Splatoon 2 testfire (1-hour segments about 12 hours apart.)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

ARMS looks... good?

I think i'll be grabbing them to have 4 different coloured joys

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:suspense:

:hawaaaafap::fap::circlefap::fap::flashfap:

:homebrew:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wtf at lack of ultra hand ARMS fighter...

Don't disappoint me with the dlc fighters Nintendo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think it'll be awhile before a Switch Animal Crossing since they just did a pretty huge update for New Leaf.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

we need some new GOTY tags up in here

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xOsG5t6hT8

This is extremely Dreamcast

This is extremely Altus

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Nintendo nerfs Twintelle with patch after patch but can't get more than 50% of players to use anyone else

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
ARMS is so hype it took me about an hour to realize that fighting games never really clicked with me and I always put in way less time than I would've liked, even with Smash, thus I shouldn't actually get this. But I'll cheer all you armers from the sidelines.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

ARMS is so hype it took me about an hour to realize that fighting games never really clicked with me and I always put in way less time than I would've liked, even with Smash, thus I shouldn't actually get this. But I'll cheer all you armers from the sidelines.

But the whole point of this game is to make a fighting game that is intuitive and clicks with people who don't like fighting games

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Nintendo is going all in on Arms so I am assuming it is actually really Good.

That Direct was also really really good! I am more hyped for Arms than Splatoon 2nd now.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

it seems like nintendo are very good at making good video games

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

alf_pogs posted:

it seems like nintendo are very good at making good video games

Never forget

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

twintelle's rear end, the perfect rebuttal

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
At e3 Nintendo announces they have a special surprise available that day on the Switch eshop. The Mother 3 theme plays for a brief moment as they unveil Urban Champion 2.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/mK16gHm.mp4

That Team Ninja made that trainwreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm looking up Princess Peach t-shirts and I don't know why.

Also, Nintendo should just release an open worlds Metroid and just say "gently caress it" to the timeline.

• Locked thread