Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Was that wrong? Should he not have done that? I gotta tell ya, I have to plead ignorance on this thing

The kurds are our best fighting allies in the region, love america, and many feel deserve their own country at this point out of pieces of other countries, turkey included. Turkey hates them for these same reasons and have been waging a low key war against them for a while.

Additionally, they've been making GBS threads all over ISIS.

After flynn was fired they eventually went through with the plan, but turkey didnt want the kurds to do anything that might give them more legitimacy, like teaming up with us forces to clear out isis' capital.

so they bribed the national security advisor to nix it. and he did.

its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FizFashizzle posted:

The kurds are our best fighting allies in the region, love america, and many feel deserve their own country at this point out of pieces of other countries, turkey included. Turkey hates them for these same reasons and have been waging a low key war against them for a while.

After flynn was fired they eventually went through with the plan, but turkey didnt want the kurds to do anything that might give them more legitimacy, like teaming up with us forces to clear out isis' capital.

its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

It's something I could see a Dem Administration doing too. Our foreign policy is so hosed, and everyone is worried about us becoming allies with Russia (which we shouldn't) when it isn't just that, we need to dramatically evaluate all of our lovely allies and not do poo poo like get involved in Yemen, give Israel blind arms handouts, etc., etc.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

its huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

The Turkish dont just hate the kurds because they exist. They have a nasty habit of suicide bombing shopping centres and killing national service troops at road blocks.

Not saying the Turkish are justified in what they do to the Kurdish but its not a black and white situation.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What kind of broke rear end general sells out for treason in this day and age for a lousy half mil. Like bitch hold out for franchise QB money.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
my favorite movie of all time is your mom's sex tape

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

The Turkish dont just hate the kurds because they exist. They have a nasty habit of suicide bombing shopping centres and killing national service troops at road blocks.

Not saying the Turkish are justified in what they do to the Kurdish but its not a black and white situation.

I mean yeah theyre at war. But thats not why erdogan didnt want them as bullet fodder in Raqqa.

Oddly enough last week trump announced he was arming the kurds which would have been major news if not for, you know, everything.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope the GOP lags on impeachment, loses the house and we end up with President Pelosi.

Not because I like Pelosi at all, but because everyone in Missouri hates her guts and because I would laugh my tits off.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I would really like to get rid of these tits, most of all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Bad Moon posted:

What kind of broke rear end general sells out for treason in this day and age for a lousy half mil. Like bitch hold out for franchise QB money.

That was my first thought and the only reason why I don't believe this will pan out. 500k is nothing, and its especially nothing when talking about a country bribing a politician to essentially commit treason. That had better be retire to your own island money.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

That was my first thought and the only reason why I don't believe this will pan out. 500k is nothing, and its especially nothing when talking about a country bribing a politician to essentially commit treason. That had better be retire to your own island money.

like look what the guy from ukraine got

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10656023/In-pictures-Inside-the-palace-Yanukovych-didnt-want-Ukraine-to-see.html

he built a lake so he could build a drat poker galleon

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Things you can do to convince people that, yes, your administration is in power thanks to Russian tampering.

1: Hire a national security duder who "can't remember" meeting with a Russian ambassador.
2: Fire anyone and everyone who might be investigating you for Russian ties.
3: Have a private meeting where only you and your Russian buddy and his Russian photographer are allowed.
4: Constantly contradict anyone in your own administration who has a plausible reason for your actions.

I'll admit, months ago I assumed that the Dems crying "Russia Russia Russia" was just sour grapes but uh.... :stonkhat:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
American politicians are stupid as gently caress. I mean, just look at how dumb Ryan was today.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

lol everything owns

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

BlindSite posted:

That isn't why they hate them either.

They hate them because the Kurds want more Kurdish territory autonomy and the Turks want none of that.

The other stuff is just window dressing.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shangri-Law School posted:

Hot Fuzz is a perfect movie.

It really is very good

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Tombstone is Val Kilmer's best role and it's a goddamn shame he wasn't nominated for an Oscar for it.

Real Genius, man.

Another movie I can always watch again: hunt for red october

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

They hate them because the Kurds want more Kurdish territory autonomy and the Turks want none of that.

also racism

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Raid 2 is one of the best action films ever made. If you haven't seen it you should correct this mistake asap.

They need to get of their rear end and make the Raid 3.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

CharlestheHammer posted:

That and Turkey wants to make a land grab in northern Iraq for.....OIL

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
How's everyone enjoying the most recent collapse of Western civilization?

Personally, I'm disappointed. Trump really struck me as an innovator but a modern update of Watergate is just uninspired. If you're going for a re-make at least reach back for a classic like Teapot Dome. :sad:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
What are some good martial arts movies? I liked Drunken Master, The Raid, and more story based poo poo like Oldboy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What are some good martial arts movies? I liked Drunken Master, The Raid, and more story based poo poo like Oldboy.

Beverly Hills ninja
Three ninjas kick back

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Kung Fu Hustle, 13 Assassins and 7 Samurai are my favorites

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
RIP Chris Cornell

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

RIPiss Roger Ailes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdyzPx_z1bU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RIP in piss Roger Ailes

RIP to Chris Cornell

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

RIPiss Roger Ailes

:)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I leave you with four words

I'm glad ailes dead

*sick bass*

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I'm a big fan of pale Ailes

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

If you like the raid, watch Ong Bak .

Ong Bak is life

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Kung Fu Hustle, 13 Assassins and 7 Samurai are my favorites
Kung Fu Hustle is very good, I will watch it again!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I leave you with four words

I'm glad ailes dead

*sick bass*
I hope Bill O'Reilly is next

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Henry Kissinger die bitch

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hot Diggity! posted:

Henry Kissinger die bitch

Henry Kissinger cannot die, merely return to slumber beneath Innsmouth

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kissinger being alive is helpful because you can watch any politician suck up to him and know they're complete garbage.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Kissinger being alive is helpful because you can watch any politician suck up to him and know they're complete garbage.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
What the flying gently caress, man.

loving hell.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6Cnmbu0f8s

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don't think anyone ever thought Clinton wasn't garbage.

She was just competent garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i heard the guy who was in the rage against the machine sequel died

• Locked thread