Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Don't know how anybody else fared since I'm pretty lousy at fighting games, but that Superman fight at the end of the Darkseid event kicked my rear end for a while before I finally managed a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got Wonder Woman, and Swamp Thing to level 20 tonight. Successful night of playing Injustice 2.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'm guessing abilites don't work in ranked matches? I keep trying to use Amatheas Protection but it's not working. (WW)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
No you have default stuff in Ranked matches.

anyway trying to link Injustice 2 to the mobile game and it says the mobile game is already linked??? I can't unlink it either.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

No you have default stuff in Ranked matches.

anyway trying to link Injustice 2 to the mobile game and it says the mobile game is already linked??? I can't unlink it either.

Different link. Look to the right on that screen and you'll find the button you need.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Man, the last fight of the Sacrifice tower in the guild metaverse was hard as balls.

Black Adam with a fast charging instakilling super. Gross.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

fadam posted:

Different link. Look to the right on that screen and you'll find the button you need.

They should have put the actual link button in the center instead of that big orange button vOv. thanks

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

They should have put the actual link button in the center instead of that big orange button vOv. thanks

No problem, I had the exact same issue.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

A strange compulsion hit me and I did a very silly thing with a dummy account and a gorilla mask. Here is a tiny clip of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkKRet2i5TU

If you don't know who I am parodying, god bless for not knowing the dregs of the FGC. I don't know why I did it but once the thought hit, it had to be done.

*ed*

working up on some atrocitus and superman vids, should be up soonish ill post them in this thread.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am in the tutorials and trying to do one of the special move cancels. I cannot seem to get the timing down at all, what is the trick to this

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I would give all my blood for a way to cash in all this blue beetle and Robin gear for poo poo I actually want

Just let me grind gear into clothes for my mains

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

I would give all my blood for a way to cash in all this blue beetle and Robin gear for poo poo I actually want

Just let me grind gear into clothes for my mains

For me it's scarecrow and bane - As much as I don't like WW in this game, I think I am going to try and stick with her. It would be great if we could trade gear. - or awful and then it will turn into mmo people messaginging everyone asking for real money for it - So I guess I am good with the way it is and earn it myself.

Only thing I don't like is mobile unlocks. I am able to sign in to get the grid costume but I can't actually play it all I get is a black screen. No more mobile unlocks!

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 18, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am in the tutorials and trying to do one of the special move cancels. I cannot seem to get the timing down at all, what is the trick to this

I can't specifically recall the tutorial right now but in injustice compared to say street fighter, the faster you input stuff the better. You can dial in most of your string before it happens and it will come out all the same.

Also hit start, TURN OFF RELEASE CHECK. That's the biggest thing I can recommend to anyone/everyone.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

TURN OFF RELEASE CHECK. That's the biggest thing I can recommend to anyone/everyone.

That screwed me up so much in the first injustice, Why do they enable it by default? Ugh!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

I can't specifically recall the tutorial right now but in injustice compared to say street fighter, the faster you input stuff the better. You can dial in most of your string before it happens and it will come out all the same.

Also hit start, TURN OFF RELEASE CHECK. That's the biggest thing I can recommend to anyone/everyone.

Thanks, it's in the Harley Quinn tutorial where they ask you to cancel b2 into db3, 1. I have done it 100 times as fast as I can and no dice.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 18, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks, it's in the Harley Quinn tutorial where they ask you to cancel b2 into db3, 1. I have done it 100 times as fast as I can and no dice.

Then for that what you want to do is cancel into the db3 before the b2 finishes connecting. For single normal moves into specials like that you just gotta do it all at once, not street fighter style where you do move, connect, then special.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

What are the major changes to Superman, aside from down-forward-2 needing a meter burn to let you comboing now.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Then for that what you want to do is cancel into the db3 before the b2 finishes connecting. For single normal moves into specials like that you just gotta do it all at once, not street fighter style where you do move, connect, then special.

Yeah, it just seems like I needed to train my oldster reflexes, the 150th time was the charm

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Dan Didio posted:

What are the major changes to Superman, aside from down-forward-2 needing a meter burn to let you comboing now.

He isn't radically different. He is basically the same but slightly worse. He still hits hard, trait doesn't seem to buff damage as much though. Air laser seems much more unsafe on block, stand 3 def got recovery nerfed cause you can't do insane corner setups like you used to. B2 and its different routes are a pretty fun new addition, I am sure there is proper real stuff for it but I haven't figured it out yet.

A lot of the old BnB's work-ish with slight differences. But f23 is still super easy to hit confirm into anything into big damage that a lot of other people have to work a lot harder for than Superman does. I haven't played him much but I am putting more time into him soon.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 18, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

He isn't radically different. He is basically the same but slightly worse. He still hits hard, trait doesn't seem to buff damage as much though. Air laser seems much more unsafe on block, stand 3 def got recovery nerfed cause you can't do insane corner setups like you used to. B2 and its different routes are a pretty fun new addition, I am sure there is proper real stuff for it but I haven't figured it out yet.

A lot of the old BnB's work-ish with slight differences. But f23 is still super easy to hit confirm into anything into big damage that a lot of other people have to work a lot harder for than Superman does. I haven't played him much but I am putting more time into him soon.

I'll have to play around with him more, I tried out a few of the old BnB's and couldn't quite get them to work. He does seem more or less the complete package, though.

Anybody got any cool Darkseid tech?

a tea tree
Dec 20, 2006

Kirby began to wonder if he shouldn't have just eaten the Nemesis, instead.
E: I had to read the thread(!?) but I found the answer I was looking for.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

A lot of the old BnB's work-ish with slight differences. But f23 is still super easy to hit confirm into anything into big damage that a lot of other people have to work a lot harder than for than Superman does. I haven't played him much but I am putting more time into him soon.

2,2,3 got nerfed. You can't cancel it at all (even supermove) and the recovery means you can't use f2, 3 after it anymore. It also seems to have slightly less range since it's harder to combo from a max range crossup 2. You can still use 2,2,x breath (press 2 really quickly twice and input superbreath) though so it doesn't mater that much, but it used to be one of the easiest ways of getting big damage with him. It did need to be nerfed since it was stupidly powerful when combined with f 2,3.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Evil Canadian posted:

A strange compulsion hit me and I did a very silly thing with a dummy account and a gorilla mask. Here is a tiny clip of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkKRet2i5TU

If you don't know who I am parodying, god bless for not knowing the dregs of the FGC. I don't know why I did it but once the thought hit, it had to be done.

I wish I'd come up with "LowTierGrodd" as a handle.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Wanderer posted:

I wish I'd come up with "LowTierGrodd" as a handle.

Well here, have "Darkseid Phil" as a bonus. That was the other one I was thinking of.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Well here, have "Darkseid Phil" as a bonus. That was the other one I was thinking of.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Darkseid Phil kicked out of the Apokolips Street Fighter Tournament after accidentally hitting himself with Omega beams.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok heres the fruits of my labour for today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Izof_nqRbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0432YWNodQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeCAI6tDcyc

Combos will be old and busted in 2 weeks or less but its a start.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

God, so many interlocking armor plates.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Hey guys, lovely Superman checking in :cool:

If there is still space, I'd like to join the PS4 guild, but what is the point in being in a guild?

edit: well, it's full anyway :( If anyone drops, let me know

Seymour Butts fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 18, 2017

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So online ranked matches don't give any kind of gear rewards? I've played about 20 and haven't gotten a thing (Both win and lose). What's the point except for "bragging" rights? (Yes it's fun fighting other people but I tink I'll go back to the Sinle player multiverse.)

vvvvv: Must be my random luck of the draw on getting nothing. I'll keep trying then. VVVVVEdit: okay now I got one for losing but not any for winning haha, it makes no sense.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 12:25 on May 18, 2017

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
^^^ you get tons of gear for ranked matches. I've played about 100 and I've got stuff ranging from common all the way to epic gear.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

HebrewMagic posted:

I'll check everything in the xb1 guild tonight folks

I sent a request telling you about how stairs are great because they add a whole new level to walking.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Crowetron posted:

I'm not at all familiar with the character, but based purely on his showing in this game, Dr. Fate seems like kind of a dweeb who gets owned a lot. I'm going to assume this is accurate, as I didn't know poo poo about Black Adam before Injustice 1 taught me that he was a nigh invincible jerk who liked to punch very much, and that seems to be canon.

It always seems like Fate gets owned, but then the Helmet exploits some magical loophole and undoes everything bad that happens to him (for the most part).

Also, while I miss Captain Marvel(gently caress everyone I'm not calling him Shazam) it's nice to see that Black Adam is still pimp.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Captain Marvel died in the 80s in one of Jim Starlin's best works.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

WarEternal posted:

One of Gorilla Grodd's abilities under trait makes him projectile immune.

loving Harambe reference 15/10 GOTY

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

God, so many interlocking armor plates.

Superman is so angular in that getup, he look like a Transformer.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Grey Fox posted:

Here's Dr Fate getting owned by a talking chimp and his idiot friends

that's not Fate getting owned, that them aptly leaving up to FATE as who gets the helmet, since i'm pretty sure Captain Marvel was tasked with finding a new bearer for the helm.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Lurdiak posted:

Captain Marvel died in the 80s in one of Jim Starlin's best works.

I mean, for this game's continuty, he also got heat visioned through the head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Carebearz posted:

I mean, for this game's continuty, he also got heat visioned through the head.

That was a different character, I think he goes by Shazam.

• Locked thread