Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

verbal enema posted:

lmao your dad owns

For reference he's 7 foot and played for Weber State back in the day, like he would legit box me out hard then dunk on me. Oh and I know for a fact I've never made a legit shot against him, bastard would reject that poo poo right back in my face. He also smoked down with Walton back in the early 80s, my life sucks compared to his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

For reference he's 7 foot and played for Weber State back in the day, like he would legit post me out hard then dunk on me. Oh and I know for a fact I've never made a legit poo poo against him, bastard would reject that poo poo right back in my face. He also smoked down with Walton back in the early 80s, my life sucks compared to his.

How tall are you?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Going to a team with a stronger roster, more cap flexibility, and recent success made the most sense. Maximize your shot at being the best player on a potential championship team, especially in the NBA where Cinderella runs are near-impossible. Some combo of injuries, poor GM/coaching, and unfortunate luck led to many greats retiring with naked fingers.

In summary, KD was justified in leaving OKC, but he hosed up by passing on Memphis Grit and Milwaukee Greek. Fuckin' siren song of SoCal.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

How tall are you?

I am a midget in my family at 6'1". Every one else is 6'5" and up. I'm barely taller than my sister.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm 6'6 and my dad was like 6'11 yet he never balled out due to our marfans but goddamn

If Pistol Pete can do it why couldn't I?!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That 2010 Cavs team was terrible. Who was their second best player? Mo Williams?

And it's one thing to form a superteam but joining the team that knocked you out of the playoffs is kinda weak.

Probably Varejao, who played his last healthy season that year and was really good. But the gap between him and Lebron was enormous. They were still a pretty good team though. In a ton of ways it's surprising the Celtics had it in them to make a last run and beat them and Orlando. Not least weird if those ways is that Rondo was arguably their best player regular season and playoffs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

illcendiary posted:

whats dad dick mean

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

This is like when my dad would dunk on me when I was 6, and I quit playing basketball because I didn't find it as amusing at the time as he did.

MourningView's hero

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I am a midget in my family at 6'1". Every one else is 6'5" and up. I'm barely taller than my sister.

At your respective heights, there's a good angle for an elbow to the crotch.

No more dad dickin' after that :agesilaus:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Lol

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Criminal Minded posted:

MourningView's hero

Oh man, does someone have his rant about dunking on a baby, that's the greatest.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Redgrendel2001 posted:

At your respective heights, there's a good angle for an elbow to the crotch.

No more dad dickin' after that :agesilaus:

never punch or elbow a dad dick unless you want to know what's it's like to have a functioning meatloaf on your arm

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

For reference he's 7 foot and played for Weber State back in the day, like he would legit box me out hard then dunk on me. Oh and I know for a fact I've never made a legit shot against him, bastard would reject that poo poo right back in my face. He also smoked down with Walton back in the early 80s, my life sucks compared to his.

Bill Walton happily gives out his address so you can mozy on down and smoke with him if you want

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Bashez posted:

I don't think superteams forming is really that big of a deal. Kevin Durant is generational bitchmade. We aren't going to see someone like him for a long time.

I Agree With Bashez.

It took Durant being a generational bitchmade + an unprecedented cap spike to make it happen. It was dumb but it's an anomaly.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The last one was like 7 years ago. What is a "Long" time?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Panzeh posted:

So why should we be telling 35+ year old vets they should be playing on rebuilding teams again instead of joining a contender? Does this improve the game of basketball?

It doesn't, it's just a by product of putting more teeth to overcap penalties and making it harder for the good teams to continue to exploit the system of buyouts and exceptions. If teams knew they couldn't blow all their cap on 3-4 guys and fill it with the ring chasers that will inevitably fill out the rest of the rotation, it might force teams to rethink how they are built

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 18, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

lmao the one guy to reply his bio just says "@Imanshumpert is a bad basketball player"

his header is the shumpert mugshot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'll loving fight that guy

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

kalensc posted:

In summary, KD was justified in leaving OKC, but he hosed up by passing on Memphis Grit and Milwaukee Greek. Fuckin' siren song of SoCal.

My dude do you understand the magnitude of the california faux pas you have just committed

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

Looks like a push off to me.

Seems like lebron can get away with just about anything

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

And with that play, Ainge decided to keep the pick and draft Fultz so he wouldn't have to max IT

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

pics of your sister?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

mods please make this my avatar thanks and g*d bless

I made it proper sized if it ever happens :smugdon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Consecutive 33+ Point Games in NBA playoff history:

code:
Player		     First 	Last	    #
Elgin Baylor	     3/27/1962	4/18/1962   11
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar  3/25/1970	4/19/1970    9
Bob McAdoo	     4/12/1974	4/15/1976    9
LeBron James	     4/20/2017	5/17/2017    7
Bob McAdoo did his over three playoffs.

Stagger_Lee posted:

By SRS, the Cavs are even worse. It really kind of bothers me that how badly they played this season doesn't matter at all.

The Cavs have a mighty 2.87 SRS this year!

Rabid Snake posted:

If Lebron wasn't a "bitchmade" then why did he form a superteam in the south? Then leave Miami for Cleveland after he saw the writing on the wall? He was shook as gently caress.

Once you win a title a lot people will bow down and kiss the rings.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

...Lebron literally said "We need some loving playmakers," it's very confusing.

Also, confusing because they need defense if anything.

Panzeh posted:

So why should we be telling 35+ year old vets they should be playing on rebuilding teams again instead of joining a contender? Does this improve the game of basketball?

Ultimately it'd mean more vacation time for the elders. Imagine Pau Gasol, Manu Ginobili, David West, Kyle Korver, Joel Anthony, Richard Jefferson, Matt Barnes and James Jones on the 76ers. They'd all be vacationing right now rather than toiling in May/June.

Ammanas posted:

LeBron counts as a single team though no matter what jersey he wears

There's way too many LBJ jerseys engulfed in flames and comic sans memos to seriously make that case.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bashez posted:

I've just had a revelation.

Why does Durant take so much heat for joining the Warriors but they all seem to get a pass for recruiting Durant? They win 73 games and fall 1 game short of a title because they finally played a healthy team and they have to go out and recruit Durant. I feel like I've opened my eyes for the first time. It's not Durant that's a giant baby that can't take the heat. It's the Warriors.

GSW won 88 games total last year. That's more than any other team ever. They were tired and needed reinforcements this season.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They had a really good chance to.

Ultimately LBJ's downfall was that he was too young. He did a 20+ WS, 3000+ minute season and was inexperienced. He didn't know about coasting yet either.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

it's like when everyone tells you your whole life that you're too short to play in the nba so you try your hardest every day and become the greatest sub six foot scoring machine in basketball history and then lebron comes by and yes you are too short to play in the nba

although it's still pretty similar to the Ibaka shot lol who's he gonna do this to next series

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

EvanTH posted:

although it's still pretty similar to the Ibaka shot lol who's he gonna do this to next series

Dray

Chaos Dunk 2: The Revengening

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

quote:

A "devoted, lifelong" San Antonio Spurs fan has filed a lawsuit naming Zaza Pachulia and the Golden State Warriors as defendants, alleging the center's actions against Kawhi Leonard in Game 1 "devastated the quality of the Spurs' chances of being competitive" and diminished "the value of the tickets purchased by plaintiff subsequent to their purchase."

lol

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Wonder if Bashez is going to be allowed to post the details of the lawsuit or he will be under some kind of gag order

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

BobHoward posted:

My dude do you understand the magnitude of the california faux pas you have just committed

Yeah dude that is super not ok

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

EMC posted:

Wonder if Bashez is going to be allowed to post the details of the lawsuit or he will be under some kind of gag order

heh

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing

Bashez posted:

I've just had a revelation.

Why does Durant take so much heat for joining the Warriors but they all seem to get a pass for recruiting Durant? They win 73 games and fall 1 game short of a title because they finally played a healthy team and they have to go out and recruit Durant. I feel like I've opened my eyes for the first time. It's not Durant that's a giant baby that can't take the heat. It's the Warriors.

The warriors had the option of keeping Harrison Barnes and paying him a lot, or getting someone else. Given the option of Durant or Barnes, would be negligent not to take Durant.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Lebron didn't even get a double double smh why has he fallen off so hard.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
So, the Celtics game wasn't that surprising.

Assuming they select Fultz in the draft and get Hayward in the offseason, how much better would they be?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Not much. I doubt they get Hayward too

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
There's really no one they can acquire this offseason that is going to give them help them where they need it to get out of the East (i.e. someone who can slow down LeBron even a little bit).

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that a real quote

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

aBagorn posted:

There's really no one they can acquire this offseason that is going to give them help them where they need it to get out of the East (i.e. someone who can slow down LeBron even a little bit).

I mean, even if they got Draymond Green for free, I don't think they're beating the Cavs. They could go 7 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lebron seems to be speeding up so it may be awhile.

• Locked thread