Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh hey trump was at the coast guard academy graduation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Trump resigning (and Pence pardoning him) would be the ultimate disappointment after this massive clusterfuck, so of course that's what's going to happen.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Thwomp posted:

Theres no way Trump resigns. It'd be the ultimate embarrassment/defeat/submission. His world is entirely about domination, his ego would never stand for it.

Nixon, the poster child for grievance and paranoia, had at least enough sense of duty to allow for resignation.

Trump has no sense of duty.

psydude posted:

You really think Trump will resign? He can't even let go of having a smaller crowd than Obama and wants to have one more scoop of ice cream than everyone else. The petulant little poo poo will go down in flames, screaming about how horribly he's been mistreated the entire way.

Both of you are missing something important. Trump has likely committed crimes. Crimes that he would go to jail for a very long time for. So.....

Fister Roboto posted:

Trump resigning (and Pence pardoning him) would be the ultimate disappointment after this massive clusterfuck, so of course that's what's going to happen.

Is exactly what will happen if Trump is ousted.

If they can get him on anything impeachable, the reds will cut him the same deal Nixon got. Quit, keep pension/benefits, and get pardoned. Or go to prison. For a very long time and lose everything.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ahahahah one more bit of comedy before I go to bed

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/865046373015715840

Someone wants to throw Jared and Ivanka under the bus over the Flynn thing. Goddamn great.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Peetown Manning posted:

Just wanna comment on that Sheriff David Clarke appointment....his job as head of the Milwaukee County Sheriff's​ has almost nothing to do with the policing of Milwaukee. I don't know if there is a term but Milwaukee is super 'jurisdiction'd'....meaning, aside from the Milwaukee Police Department the city has outlined a handful of municipalities within the urban area that all have their own police departments in conjunction with MPD. In short, he has nothing to do but oversee the jail, the interstates and transportation of inmates. He can't even do that.

I love how this Bannon philosophy of government often involves accusing people of being status seeking office holders who know nothing about 'getting things done.' And then people like Devos or this turd get appointments. I'd take liberals with half baked ideas over these people who apparently have nothing to offer but indignation.

I live in Milwaukee. You're correct that the sheriff basically runs the jail and patrols public parks, county buildings and the freeways through the county. MPD does basically everything else. The Sheriff's Department here is tiny; Clarke is a fraud who massively overstates his importance in local law enforcement here. I feel bad that the whole country gets to experience this dipshit now.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the best part about this whole thing is everyone in the WH (aside from the legit insane people like bannon etc) are going to be forming queues to spill their guts to Mueller

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Pence can't pardon state crimes. Earlier news articles were talking about ongoing investigations by state Attorneys General, particularly New York. If they try all the pardoning poo poo, I really wouldn't be surprised to see state charges being brought up at some point. With all the allegations of money laundering and a possible RICO investigation it seems like they'd be able to find state law violations in there.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Delizin posted:

Pence can't pardon state crimes. Earlier news articles were talking about ongoing investigations by state Attorneys General, particularly New York. If they try all the pardoning poo poo, I really wouldn't be surprised to see state charges being brought up at some point. With all the allegations of money laundering and a possible RICO investigation it seems like they'd be able to find state law violations in there.

And hey, it's not like Trump has a gigantic real estate empire all around the country that is so loving shady the dark side of the moon is getting jealous.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Thwomp posted:

Theres no way Trump resigns. It'd be the ultimate embarrassment/defeat/submission. His world is entirely about domination, his ego would never stand for it.

Nixon, the poster child for grievance and paranoia, had at least enough sense of duty to allow for resignation.

Trump has no sense of duty.

I hope he tries to settle. :downs:

Delizin posted:

An Al Capone style side-conviction of something tangential would be entertaining.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wonder how many seconds passed between Mueller being appointed and Flynn calling him asking for immunity

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Mueller's Bronze Star Citation:

Marine Corp Times posted:

When the North Vietnamese infantry company opened fire with automatic weapons and grenade launchers, 2nd Lt. Bob Mueller instantly took command.

"Let's go, squad leaders! Defensive perimeter! Bring up that M-60, on the double. Come on, guys--move it!"

It happened in Quang Tri Province, South Vietnam, on Dec. 11, 1968.

On that morning 34 years ago, Robert Swan Mueller, III, was leading a U.S. Marine Corps infantry unit on a Vietnam War combat patrol.

Suddenly, Mueller's hard-charging platoon of gung-ho "grunts" found itself confronting more than 200 battle-hardened North Vietnamese regulars.

Within 15 minutes, Mueller's outfit had taken several casualties.

But the lieutenant didn't hesitate. After several months of grueling preparation at Quantico--headquarters for Marine Corps officer training--he was ready to assume command. During the next few hours, he would lead his courageous platoon of "jarheads" through a brutal firefight marked by heavy casualties on both sides.

He also would earn the Bronze Star for valor and the Purple Heart as commander of 2nd Plt., H Co., 2nd Bn., 4th Regt., 3rd Marine Div., during his tour in Vietnam between July 1968 and June 1969.

According to the .U.S. Marine Corps archives, here's what happened next on that long-ago morning in Quang Tri.

"Quickly establishing a defensive perimeter, 2nd Lt. Mueller fearlessly moved from one position to another, directing the accurate counterfire of his men and shouting words of encouragement to them.

"With complete disregard for his own safety, he then skillfully supervised the evacuation of casualties from the hazardous area and, on one occasion, personally led a fire team across the fire-swept terrain to recover a mortally wounded Marine who had fallen in a position forward of the friendly lines.

"2nd Lt. Mueller's courage, aggressive initiative and unwavering devotion to duty at great personal risk were instrumental in the defeat of the enemy force and were in keeping with the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and of the United States Naval Service."

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
So I didn't actually watch the Turkish embassy poo poo until now but I went from, "Are you loving serious?" to "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" when I saw the part where it's 3 grown-rear end men kicking a woman on the ground with the bonus cut-away later to her sobbing/hyperventilating/whatever other completely reasonable reaction.

What the gently caress in the motherfucking fuckery poo poo gently caress. How there weren't Turks laid out like Haji Dangerfield right in front of their embassy is beyond me.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

So I didn't actually watch the Turkish embassy poo poo until now but I went from, "Are you loving serious?" to "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" when I saw the part where it's 3 grown-rear end men kicking a woman on the ground with the bonus cut-away later to her sobbing/hyperventilating/whatever other completely reasonable reaction.

What the gently caress in the motherfucking fuckery poo poo gently caress. How there weren't Turks laid out like Haji Dangerfield right in front of their embassy is beyond me.

Diplomatic immunity brah, we can't do poo poo to them legally besides breaking up the action.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Wonder how many of them had diplomat IDs.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
They did this exact same poo poo in front of the UN building the last time Erdogan came.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Burn their loving embassy to the ground. gently caress Turkey.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Diplomatic immunity does not give you a free pass to do whatever the gently caress you want. At the very least they can be arrested (however temporarily) and then kicked out of the country. They can't just beat the gently caress out of people while the cops go "idk man they have diplomatic immunity durrrrrrrr"

They never get convicted because of immunity (unless it gets waived) but that doesn't mean the police have to just sit there.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 07:34 on May 18, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

orange juche posted:

Diplomatic immunity brah, we can't do poo poo to them legally besides breaking up the action.

Show me your *bang*id*bang*.

He was aggressively reaching for something.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I've always wondered what would happen if a citizen killed someone with diplomatic immunity in self defense, like when the Saudis try to rape someone again.

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
If Biden were president, he'd have White House baseball bats quietly handed out to the protesters, giving an identical one to Erdogan as a gift, while apologizing for only having one, as he'd lost the others.

Exclaims, "You found my bats!", when president fuckstick complains.

VVV Yeah, hence arming the protesters.

The Orgasm Sanction fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 18, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Reverand maynard posted:

I've always wondered what would happen if a citizen killed someone with diplomatic immunity in self defense, like when the Saudis try to rape someone again.

diplomatic immunity has nothing to do with actions of private citizens

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, who built a following among conservatives with his provocative social media presence and strong support of Donald Trump, said Wednesday that he's taken a job as an assistant secretary in the Department of Homeland Security.

The tough-talking, cowboy hat-wearing firebrand said in an interview with WISN-AM talk radio host Vicki McKenna that he will work in the Office of Partnership and Engagement as a liaison to state, local and tribal law enforcement agencies. He will start in June.

I'm barfin' out loud

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Random twitter guy weighs in on Clarke:

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/864953837714628608

Edit: Its a 14 tweet bitch fest. But entertaining and pretty accurate.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Random twitter guy weighs in on Clarke:

https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/864953837714628608

Edit: Its a 14 tweet bitch fest. But entertaining and pretty accurate.

Yeah this has been driving me loving nuts. Chief Espositio was the chief of the NYPD a few years backack, had about six hundred medals including a combat cross and he didn't look like someone barfed a pin collection on him.

Clarke runs a jail and he's got more poo poo on his uniform than chesty puller

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I think I need to go to bed more often as it seems that most yuge developments happen right after I hit the hay :stare:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

was arrested development loosely based on the trump family?

George Bluth is trump, Michael is a kushner/ivanka fusion, Buster and Gob are Trump's sons etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GCKXZTV8E

PookBear fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 18, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/T_FisherKing/status/864991265934512129

Unghh

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Chris Cornell died

http://wgntv.com/2017/05/18/rocker-chris-cornell-of-soundgarden-audioslave-dies/

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Woa

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
gently caress :(

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Noooooo

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Came here to post this..

What the gently caress...

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
God drat it, Chicago, how much ruin must you bring to us all, for the Cubs to have won it?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

ReebTop posted:

God drat it, Chicago, how much ruin must you bring to us all, for the Cubs to have won it?

Blame Detroit

quote:

In a statement to The Associated Press, Brian Bumbery says Cornell died Wednesday night in Detroit.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/chriscornell/status/864995525686415360

Just finished playing in Detroit when he dropped dead.

So the 90s grunge era has what... Vedder and Rossdale left?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

https://twitter.com/chriscornell/status/864995525686415360

Just finished playing in Detroit when he dropped dead.

So the 90s grunge era has what... Vedder and Rossdale left?

Does Grohl count?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

No because he will always be Nirvana's drummer.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Billy Corgan ?

Liz Phair

Syrian Lannister fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 18, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Oh right...

Corgan is still alive. Should have remembered that since I caught him with a bunch of roadies an incarnation of the Smashing Pumpkins about 2-3 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

• Locked thread