Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Skoll posted:

the Kar 98 doesn't even use 7.62 but I suppose they did that for simplicity
I interpreted it as: since we're in some old communist bloc island, these were part of the soviet's WWII capture stock that were re-chambered from 8mm to 7.62x54 so they could be re-used for training and supplying arms for their backwoods low stakes military bases.

Well, that and game balance...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Spudalicious posted:

I got this, my girlfriend (who plays 7 Days to Die with me so is somewhat familiar with the setting) and was watching and then bought it herself. We duo'd and had a fun encounter, she's in a building looting the second story and stops, says "I hear people, they're around here", so I run over from a few houses away and see two guys guns out casing the joint. I think "Hey, I never remember to use stun grenades, I'll use one now", and apparently one of the guys has the same thought, but he must have heard me coming because he spun, saw me, and chucked his grenade right as I threw mine, and both went off stunning all three of us. She then came down guns blazing, teamkilled me while I was stunned and downed the two other dudes, then got sniped. Overall, we both got 0 kills. GOTY.

Put this in the op, beautiful

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - My girlfriend teamkilled me, then got sniped. GOTY

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
carebare u know other people actually go outside right

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Psycho Society posted:

carebare u know other people actually go outside right

Why? That's where the loving normies are.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I hate when you're hiding behind a rock, and then bullets hit you, so you crawl around the other side of the rock and the bullets keep hitting you and you die

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I've never had a start to a match that I've enjoyed as much as this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsnq3mWzr_U

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

Don't run and shoot if you don't have too, accuracy goes out the window. If you stopped moving and third person aimed to shoot, you could have killed him at 0:05, 0:13 or 0:18.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
People were also saying earlier that there's something wrong with pistol ironsights, so that probably didn't help.

Sick chase though!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Would u like some butter for your potato :newlol:

nice job tho

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Yodzilla posted:

This is sick

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The best part is you know that other player knows that even if he manages to survive that chase he's probably hosed but it doesn't matter and he's still having a blast

revolther
May 27, 2008
I had a similar start today playing duos, chased a weaponless guy all the way across the west military base bridge with my shotgun chipping away at him coz he had a 100m head start on me. Across the bridge his partner is coming to help, mine is behind me coming to help, i down him, his partner comes with a dacia and ak to get revenge, basically had a 5 minute back and forth shoot out/chase before a great mexican standoff on the bridge, with such little ammo that everyone was hosed but having a great time.

Going aggressive at the beginning is really fun if short lived.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

time to kill myself trying to do this
https://gfycat.com/WiltedPitifulGrizzlybear

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://streamable.com/pm7ou

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 18, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo :aaaaa:

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
Last night I ran up on a guy with full lvl 2 gear, a tricked out AKM and double barrel, and bush whacked him with nothing but a 1911 to my name. Dude was so worried about snipers in the buildings 100 or so meters away he never even noticed me until I was mag dumping into the back of his head from 10 feet. So, uh, look around every now again people.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Rex-Goliath posted:

The best part is you know that other player knows that even if he manages to survive that chase he's probably hosed but it doesn't matter and he's still having a blast

He almost pulled off something slick trying to drive me into the river. :v:

And yeah I probably should have killed him early but I did manage to get two shots in (the final bullet in the car was a hit) so I knew he was hurt. I didn't expect him to kill himself against a tree but man was that a blast.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah the two cars glitching out at the end is just the PUBG cherry on top

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO

How can they not see him?

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

dmnz posted:

How can they not see him?

I guess they just think he's a corpse

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My guess is the dude got shot while running towards the tree and just tunnel visioned into finding where it came from.

Or he saw a dude with nothing on and figured shooting the guys that were shooting at him first was the better option.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Minorkos posted:

I guess they just think he's a corpse

Or, the guy saw him, saw he wasn't armed *at all*, and decided to focus on the enemies that *were* armed. Also, him being there was a nice temptation - if the other people had seen him and gone for the free kill, they'd have given up their positions or given the guy who died that extra second or two that might've made the difference. The guy just got lucky that his guy got killed so he could loot him.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Or, the guy saw him, saw he wasn't armed *at all*, and decided to focus on the enemies that *were* armed. Also, him being there was a nice temptation - if the other people had seen him and gone for the free kill, they'd have given up their positions or given the guy who died that extra second or two that might've made the difference. The guy just got lucky that his guy got killed so he could loot him.

You're very rarely going to ignore a guy just because it "looks" like he doesn't have a gun. At least I would shoot that guy just in case he had a P1911 or something

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
He thought he was dead. I've seen goons do the same thing to guys with guns in their hands, while I'm in discord like "That dude you just walked over and tried to loot was alive."

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

ilmucche posted:

Tony's av is a kid from the Spanish gp that started crying when kimi got taken out in turn one. The f1 thread joked that the kid was Tony, because Tony is a highly offensive Ferrari fanboy who would cry over that. The kid later got to meet kimi and was happy, Tony later stated he didnt cry but did in fact soil himself.

That's the story, thanks for reading.

I was gonna make a joke about it being about Ferrari resigning Kimi instead of getting some fresh blood on the team but as per usual the truth is funnier than fiction.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Got my first solo chicken dinner tonight after a bunch of bad games where I was usually dying at the drop. Choked shotty and 4X SCAR sniping ftw. I fought the entire time, taking every shot I had. I thought my heart was going to explode when it came down to 2 left.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ilmucche posted:

Tony's av is a kid from the Spanish gp that started crying when kimi got taken out in turn one. The f1 thread joked that the kid was Tony, because Tony is a highly offensive Ferrari fanboy who would cry over that. The kid later got to meet kimi and was happy, Tony later stated he didnt cry but did in fact soil himself.

That's the story, thanks for reading.

Thanks for explaining who I am. I'm sorry to say I have no idea who you are.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

playing with goons is a good way to drop your squad rating lmfao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Can anyone explain what the gently caress is happening here, I'm able to get through the menus and match make but now it does this:

I can't move or do anything and it doesn't go bast this point and I have to kill it from the task manager. The game has worked without major issues for me until now, restarting and verifying game files doesn't do anything :psyduck:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Thanks for the technical advice duders, my new graphics card got here today and I just played two rounds where I accomplished nothing but still had fun

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tony Montana posted:

Thanks for explaining who I am. I'm sorry to say I have no idea who you are.

No worries, you were probated again and couldn't do it. Not sure why you're apologising.

Content wise, how does the map work with the circles? Been thinking about buy this and I'm curious to know, as it seems like the circles are what push players together.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Content wise, how does the map work with the circles? Been thinking about buy this and I'm curious to know, as it seems like the circles are what push players together.

the playing field constricts at set intervals to smaller and smaller circles that hurt you not to be inside of.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found the perfect way to play this while I work. I fall into some random shack in the white circle, leave the sound on and go AFK for 10 minutes. Let me see how it goes.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Trip report: game is very fun. I have developed a strategy which involves parking a vehicle in the area between a high-population area and the edge of the zone so some straggler uses it to try and give himself some more room, then you mow them down, take their stuff, and then use the vehicle to get yourself into a better spot and repeat.

Round one: man saw me and shot me because I am bad and didn't react fast enough

Round two: I got one kill with this strategy and then set up a second one. A plane flew overhead and I was looking at it drop the crate and then a guy murdered me from behind with a shotgun that I never heard coming because of the plane. I know he didn't time his movement on purpose but gently caress I got next-leveled

Round three: some nerd left the door of the house he was looting open, I ran to the nearest shack to grab a shotgun then ran back and mowed him down. Killed a second man who was camping in a bush, used the vehicle strat to get a third guy who tried to switch from his van to mine, then fourth kill I got from driving up on a nerd, jumping out of the car, and we played ring around the UVA for a solid minute before I finally got the drop on him and shotgunned him down. I made it to #4 with 4 shotgun kills but I could have gotten more, the final guy I killed had an M4A1 with a 4x scope which I traded for my lovely bolt-action but I forgot to grab his ammo so I ended up getting trapped in the circle by snipers

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I do but not in the direction you may first have thought! I like exploring the island, stalking people. My computer sucks so actual firefights are hard.

Getting closer on my pacifist run... 3rd place! Only things I pick up are smoke grenades, body armor, helmet, medical supplies.

This will totally scratch that itch

this is extremely my poo poo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor posted:

I found the perfect way to play this while I work. I fall into some random shack in the white circle, leave the sound on and go AFK for 10 minutes. Let me see how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQxki6uCONA

Well that was a successful match.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

First duo match ever and we both won our first chicken dinners. With the final guy he downed me and I used my injured self to crawl out and bait him into shooting me while my buddy whipped around the other side of the tree and brained him, still can't believe he fell for it.

On the screen there for duos is the kill total just your total or the combined total for your team?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Just yours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I came up on a squad of pubbies who were usi mong the global chat to talk to each other and heard them say "holy poo poo a dude with a shotgun and level 3 gear is outside" so I shouted "yo you know everyone in the area can hear you guys? Get a discord before you all get murdered. Now so I don't come murder you right now let me go unharmed" so they did and one of them was like thanks man good luck and gave me an energy drink and we parted ways :3:

Then I shot out the tires to all the vehicles in the area and they died in the blue zone trying to escape :kimchi:

• Locked thread