Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
simble
May 11, 2004

Pvt. Public posted:

The best part is the free shipping to the US, which totally caught me off guard. Probably going to get dinged on import duty, though.

Also I was going to pay $70 and I was ok with that but then after checkout I look on my card and it says it was only like $55 real dollars. Win win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Racing through "Out of Blue" while Pearl Blue Soul plays in the background was probably the happiest time of my entire life.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You need to get out more

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of vidja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCiWf7WEViM

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He looks so wrong with no facial hair.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fucker jumped the start big-time. Cheating brummie bastard. :argh:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Carth Dookie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTYiY8VlVfs

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

You need to get out more

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WOdnR-Nfs

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Carth Dookie posted:

The most fraudulent WDC? He couldn't win it until he had a Neweymobile

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I want classic lovely cars in F1 2017. Like the Andrea Moda, Mastercard Lola, Earth Honda, and the BAR 01. Call it the F1 Rejects Expansion Pack.

Or at least the option to run the BAR 01's livery as my helmet design in career mode.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
thrillingly run the AGS at like 20mph off the pace and still get points because the retirement rate in 1987 was like 60%

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Introducing Perry McCarthy Mode, where you try desperately to qualify with a broken steering arm or not to stall at pit exit.

Or a Burnout-esque minigame where you attempt to do more damage than Villeneuve and Zonta at Eau Rouge.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The best racing game of all time is actually Ridge Racer Type 4 on the PS1.

Weird way to misspell Ridge Racer 64

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
But actually lol at iospace trolling 1500quid with that probate. Good stuff all around.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I want a Grand Prix Legends remake with realistic physics and failures, non championship rounds included and seasons 1965-72.

While I'm wishing, throw in the sports car championship as well. :sigh:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

thrillingly run the AGS at like 20mph off the pace and still get points because the retirement rate in 1987 was like 60%

At one of the races the Fabre's AGS was five seconds off the 25th placed car in qualifying or something equally absurd.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhDNNvoBEg

Saw this last night. It's SO good. Just watch Jos's face! This is an ex-F1 driver, he's no pansy!

Max owns so hard. There are plenty of other videos of Jos and his son's amazing life and sharing being F1 drivers together. Unbelievably cool

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tony Montana posted:

Saw this last night. It's SO good. Just watch Jos's face! This is an ex-F1 driver, he's no pansy!

Max owns so hard. There are plenty of other videos of Jos and his son's amazing life and sharing being F1 drivers together. Unbelievably cool

Somebody quote this later so I remember to watch it

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tony Montana posted:

Alright, I can watch it now. Max muist have been making GBS threads his pants flashing back to all the beatings Jos gave him growing up.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

In 1996,[30] Verstappen married Belgian ex-kart driver champion[31] Sophie Kumpen, whose cousin is NASCAR Whelen Euro Series racing driver Anthony Kumpen, and whose uncle is former motocross and GT endurance rally driver Paul Kumpen. Verstappen and Sophie Kumpen have two children, Max (b. 1997) and Victoria (b. 1999), both of whom have gone on to become racing drivers.[32] In December 2008, with the couple effectively separated, Verstappen appeared in court in Tongeren, Belgium, charged with assaulting his wife.[33] He was found innocent of assault, but guilty of threatening Kumpen in text messages and of violating a previously issued restraining order. He was fined and sentenced to three months probational, suspended prison sentence.[34]

After a 1998 incident in a karting track, in which a man suffered a fractured skull, Verstappen and his father were found guilty in court of assault but were each sentenced to five-year suspended sentence after reaching an out-of-court settlement with the victim.[35]

On 29 November 2011, the media reported allegations that Verstappen had assaulted his ex-girlfriend; Verstappen claimed to only have had a discussion with her.[36] In January 2012, he was arrested on attempted murder charges following accusations that he drove a car into his ex-girlfriend in Roermond,[37] but released two weeks later, after the charge was withdrawn.[38] Verstappen and his ex-girlfriend got back together and got married in 2014. They have one daughter, named Blue Jaye, born in September 2014.[39]

Jay-sus Christ I had no idea about the attempted murder charges holy poo poo Max must have had one traumatic childhood. No wonder he's so good so young he's just channeling all that built up rage towards Jos and watching him land blow after blow on Sophie Kumpen like the savage loving maniac he is that piece of poo poo. Max is out to destroy Jos and he'll do that by becoming world champion and dedicating it to his mom while spilling all the hatred out on the podium interview.

Poor Max.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Has Jos ever been convicted of anything? Both the charges against women didn't go anywhere and if you're going to judge him for wanting to punch a karting Dad in the head you should head down to your local kart track sometime

But, I do pick up on an aggression in him. You can see it in his eyes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sport parents are the worst, hands down. Gods forbid if anything happens to precious timmy, and especially if it's a bad call.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7T44IMXGD4

This one is great you can really see the concentration in Max's eyes. That thousand yard stare as his mom cries on the floor with Max hiding under the bed with Jos taking off his belt screaming at her Sophie. In fact, they made a Netflix show about it and recreated the entire scene from Max's journals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S_cnBif1MY

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yep I saw that one too and agree the way Max is staring off really looks like silent hate. Just sick of his bullshit. But that's just drawing conclusions from a youtube video and they're dutch, so me trying to interpret a family dynamic from a totally different culture just from youtube videos probably isn't fair.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lmao I like how he tells Jos he drives faster with his mom

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
BEst racing game is Ferrari 355 challenge in the arcade

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Lmao I like how he tells Jos he drives faster with his mom

I love the back and forth. Never saw a Keke and Nico video, but I don't think they'd be as salty.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
A reminder that Max is only 19 years old. Watching these videos are making me into a huge Max fan now. He's such a relaxed kid just enjoying his time and seeking to utterly crush his piece of poo poo woman beating murdering garbageman dad Jos The Boss (why did you make me hit you why) Verstappen

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jos never won a race, Max topped that on his debut drive for a top team

I'm going back and which of Jos's cars were actually good.. probably his first drive in the 94 Benetton

After a crash in pre-season testing by regular driver JJ Lehto (who broke a vertebra), Verstappen drove in the first two races of the season as a substitute, partnering Michael Schumacher and made his Formula One debut at the 1994 Brazilian Grand Prix.[2] During the race he collided with Eddie Irvine, which triggered a multiple accident also involving Éric Bernard and Martin Brundle. Verstappen's car somersaulted, but he emerged unharmed.[2] At the Pacific Grand Prix Verstappen ran 6th but spun off on cold tyres immediately after a pit stop.[2] Lehto was fit for the next race at Imola, but his performances in subsequent races were disappointing and he was rested by Benetton following the Canadian Grand Prix, allowing Verstappen to return to the race seat.[2].

yeah, I think Max has already proven himself over his Dad. Man, we read some of those earlier stories where Jos would berate Max for racing 'stupidly' and that story of when he went off in the final because of a dumb accident and Jos wouldn't load his kart in the van. Talk about kettle calling pot black, but perhaps Jos is identifying what held him back and wants to make sure his son doesn't make the same mistakes.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 18, 2017

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

but perhaps Jos is identifying what held him back and wants to make sure his son doesn't make the same mistakes.

combined with "well his kid is successful, I guess that's what it takes", is one of the predominant attitudes allowing sports parents around the globe to get away with major child abuse.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I guess, but with any evidence or convictions or anything aren't we all just making poo poo up?

I mean I agree, look at some of the pics when Jos was racing. He does look like a crazy motherfucker. But as I said, he's Dutch. Maybe lots of people walk around there looking like that. My experience with Dutch people is they are very serious, I once had a boss that was going to send me to a Dutch client and said 'remember, the Dutch were traders. They don't gently caress around. Be careful'. It's like saying every Finn is autistic or something because they're not as outgoing and charismatic as an Alonso or Vettel. It's just how they are and I'm sure they're probably thinking you're an over-the-top idiot who gets too emotional about stuff.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Finns are autistic moose fuckers tho''

e/ also I like how in that video of max and jos in the renault at spa jos's head is getting thrown around everywhere and max is just stone cold

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tony Montana posted:

I once had a boss that was going to send me to a Dutch client and said 'remember, the Dutch were traders. They don't gently caress around. Be careful'.

So many layers of 'what the gently caress' in this.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My Dutch friends are all chill people. Don't project Jos being a loving sociopath on an entire nation for christ's sake.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

wicka posted:

Yokohama Sakuragicho is the best racing track in video game history, I will fight anyone on this. It's seems so simple but it's so difficult to get every corner right.

I somehow completely forgot PGR2 included Yokohama downtown, just checked a YouTube clip and immediately recall the track. Really funny because I live not too far from that district now. Surreal.

PGR2 online was The Best. Miss that game.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I want classic lovely cars in F1 2017. Like the Andrea Moda, Mastercard Lola, Earth Honda, and the BAR 01. Call it the F1 Rejects Expansion Pack.

ey oh

Settle down there

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

My Dutch friends are all chill people. Don't project Jos being a loving sociopath on an entire nation for christ's sake.

Well my point was I don't even have anything to back up Jos is a sociopath besides accusations. Sorry to the Dutch :( It was more a compliment of these guys probably won't be push-overs, but yes generalizing like that usually ends badly.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
So all Dutch are women beaters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The most fraudulent WDC? He couldn't win it until he had a Neweymobile

See also: Sebastian Vettel.