Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
: Foolish knave! Vainly, you have sought to thwart the dark destiny of the scion of Odin Dark, but FATE WILL NOT BE DENIED! The cursed blood that burns within me shall soon rise within my progeny, and all who oppose us will know only dread and terror!

: Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

The Golux posted:

I wonder if there are any good fanfiction rewrites of this game to be less stupid.

Enable PMs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

This is when I have to really start trimming down on the units because I can't really have unpromoted units after this point.

Pardon, I meant tomes.

Finally, a supporting cast that makes sense.

Such are the whims of fate. Tombs? Tomes? I walk in darkness either way.
But today it's books, not graves, that I've come to find. Books open to knowledge! Books laid on their spines! Books flapping their wings like the greatest of dragons!

Odin, this is just shopping. SHOPPING.

Oh! Ewwwgh...
What's wrong? Touch of gas?
MY ACHING BLOOD! This town...something...someone... The very air in this place threatens the even keel of my interior being. The shadows within are ascending. The dark overtakes me!

...I'm really confused.

But now, sinking into my well of darkness, I drown in power.
Soon I can tap into the strongest of all my abilities... Eldritch Smackdown!
Ugh. Sorry I asked.
Huh, who's that?

Keep in mind that this is the real world, so Ophelia just left her deeprealm by herself.

...So why couldn't Percy leave by himself? So inconsistent.

What power I sense brimming in these quaint lanes. Power!
No, Ophelia, contain, yourself. You mustn't give in to such a swell. You alone hold day and night at bay. You are the dusk. Be strong.
Ewwgh! Such power! If only I drank of it, I could use the strongest of my abilities...

Must be a coincidence.

Hmm? Could it be...
Ophelia?
Oh, Father. Hi! It's been too long.
Whoa, whoa. No, no, no. You can't just "hi" me. Why are you in my world?
Oh, Father. You know me. I'm always questing after the unknown. I've come here searching for a tome. The Super-Ultimate Tome.
What? The Super-Ultimate—? Uh-oh.
Yes. Clearly you know of it.

You know, your encyclopedia of exceedingly dangerous thingamajigs. The Super-Ultimate Tome was the most forbidden book listed there.

Is this the book he tried to show Lissa when he wanted to name her weapon...?

What? But, Daughter, please don't tell me you read from my book of lists. That was private!
Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
Now I crave The Super-Ultimate Tome. I won't stop until I have the book.

Did Odin hire nannies that talk like him or something?

I will let it through, Father. Just as soon as I have that book.
Um, just one thing, Ophelia. That book—
Augh! Run for your lives! Ruffians are pillaging the town!
What? Not on my watch.

*A moment later*

I consider this holy ground, and I will bring my full vengeance to bear. When all is said and done, I will have saved The Super-Ultimate Tome too!
Huh? How stupid! One girl, saving this town all by herself?
Ha ha! I am here too.
Grrah! Who are you?
The chosen hero arrives! And what is he called, this soldier of darkness...?

And he says that if you lay so much as a finger on his daughter... Odin Dark will deliver his most deadly move...
Eldritch Smackdown!
Um...what?

I've got this scene covered, Odin Dark. You can exit stage left. For Ophelia Dusk will now deliver her most deadly move... Luminary Uppercut!

...I'm assuming she learned that from Elise.

Two of you freaks? What is this? A shakedown? Well, you can't scam quality thugs like me and my crew. Everyone, get'em!

The difficulty of this map is dependent on if you want those items, which basically require splitting the party into three to four groups.

PSkill: Bibliophile-When user is carrying 3 or more Tomes, Critical rate +10

Her stats will get better after promoting, but she's already has absurd magic with good resistance.

Bench 4: http://www.strawpoll.me/12981671

Last call for Peri, Niles. Permanent spot for least voted.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
...am I the only one who thinks Odin would make a good henshin hero, while Ophelia would be a good magical girl?

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
And thus, we gain the only mage in this game that's really worth anything, other than post-promotion Elise and Hayato's kid.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
e: Actually nvm, still a character we haven't seen yet

Ophelia rules, though.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Eh, my unit as a mage is pretty good too.

I may have done this.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I made MU into a mage and married him to Ophelia

In which case, Kana also turns out to be a good mage.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

ungulateman posted:

Enable PMs.

Sorry, I didn't realize I had them disabled.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 17, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

this chapter is the reason some people marry odin off even if they have no plans to use him. not because ophelia is good (though she is,) but because you get a horse spirit on this map.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Huzzah! Ophelia with her proper mother.

Mostly because of the hair color.

Now all that's left is to make her the female-only DLC class.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
:3:

Odin and Elise are perfect for each other.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/ae/64/8bae64d90004854be6a87ddc7a57b4c6.jpg

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm pretty sure Percy actually left his deeprealm, which is why the scare tactic with dragon veins actually works.

But who cares about Percy when we have the debut of OPHELIA DUSK. (make her the DLC class)

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Ophelia alone manages to make up for most of the other kids.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'm pretty sure Percy actually left his deeprealm, which is why the scare tactic with dragon veins actually works.

That seems even worse, because the only defensible reason to keep them in that time bubble is to "Keep them safe." Having them holed up in a cave in the real world is just being a jerk.

Voting will end soon. Oh my god, Niles is dead. RIP his daughter.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Tae posted:

That seems even worse, because the only defensible reason to keep them in that time bubble is to "Keep them safe." Having them holed up in a cave in the real world is just being a jerk.

can't rest what never came to be

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Thou Lord Xander! Would thine desirest to ride to the batt—um, the kerfuffle with us?

"Witnesses report he joined the fight in an attempt to impress a local barmaid."

Beruka and Leo are out. Peri and Niles are gone forever.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Aw, I like Peri and Niles.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tae posted:

lol, how many mage killers do you have left?

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
Niles' daughter is scarily good at killing mages, and if you wait long enough to get her, also ninjas. A pity she is dead forever.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tae posted:

Thou Lord Xander! Would thine desirest to ride to the batt—um, the kerfuffle with us?

"Witnesses report he joined the fight in an attempt to impress a local barmaid."

Beruka and Leo are out. Peri and Niles are gone forever.

The Nohrian siblings have the best supports in the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beruka and Leo are gone again, and Niles and Peri are gone forever. So remember when I had way too many bow users in Birthright? Now my only bow user is literally Laslow's secondary E-rank. Yeesh.

I'd try this spell out on them if I was a little older. Here, you take it.

The kid gives us the powerful Horse Spirit, the best spell in the game.

Ophelia promotes into a Sorcerer, boosting her stats to fit more as a spellslinger with crit potential. Sorcerers have innate +10 crit, which stacks well with her PSkill.

Corrine commits a small massacre as she swiftly counterkills three Zerkers easily with her absurd strength. She gets a +HP/STR/RES level in the process.

Meanwhile, Xander counterkills two Onmyoji while the two Wyvern Lords ignore him because Conquest AI.

On turns 2 and 4, enemy reinforcements arrive with an Adventurer to loot the houses. You can safely ignore Adventurers as attackers, because their #1 priority is to beeline to the yellow spaces.

Charlotte and Laslow clean up on the Wyvern Lords as the the southwest map can now be ignored.

Effie and Arthur clear out a Priestess and Ninja, getting some good hit rates with their S-Support.

Camilla is just getting 20's across the board.

I don't have much. But, here.

Corrine rides with Percy all the way to the northeast house, getting a Spirit Dust.

Ruffians? Here? We don't stand a chance! But maybe you can do something. Especilly if I give you this!

Odin flies down to the southeastern house, getting the brave Lightning Tome. With just the northwestern house left, this eliminates most of the "difficulty of the map since I don't have to split up my forces anymore.

Corrine easily cripples a large group of enemies as she barely takes damage from the Master of Arms, and gains a near perfect level for her trouble.

Camilla aerial drops Effie onto Corrine's position, as Percy takes over to axe the hard questions. He gets answered with a +HP/STR/SKL/DEF level.

Both enemy reinforcements are on the move, but at least the north ones still have to take a turn to break down that wall.

HEROES OF TIME AND THE LAND

...Maybe this is balance for their class abilities.

At least Lightning has its uses since doubling is nice to use against faster but fragile units, and any unit faster than Odin is really fragile.

Charlotte's diet needs lots and lots of IRON

Odin, if Lissa was a bad mom.

Corrine takes out another three-batch of enemies.

She might be a little bit too strong.

Charlotte and Odin getting some easy kills out of the way.

Oh right, Senno.

He has...Lucky Seven and Seal Magic. Wow. Well, he died easily so it's appropriate.

Horse Spirit gives enough of a speed boost to double, an important factor in making her absurd since she so much innate crit.

That just leaves the lower reinforcements that appeared on like turn 2.

I bet you'd like me to give you a weapon...to help end this fighting over weapons. Enjoy your vicious cycle.

Well, you're kinda rude but also you gave a Calamity Gate so thank you? This map is just heaven for spellcasters.

Percy gets a nice assist from Corrine for a +SPD/DEF/RES level. I'm thinking of keeping Wary Fighter because he's never really going to gain enough speed to double anyone outside of Generals, and that's what Charlotte/spells are for.

More importantly, he learns Rally Defense which will greatly increase the survival of non Effie/Xander units.

Charlotte gets Charlotte-ier, with a new toy in Rally Strength. I'm sure it'll be decent, in those rare cases where she's not in range of killing.

It had to happen eventually. Level 24 gets him +STR/MAG/SKL/DEF

Laslow's gotta build up that bow rank now that he's the group's only hope against fliers. He gets a +STR/SKL/DEF/RES level and learns Golembane.

It's like a final fantasy summon.

Character and Class Overview

Sorcerer

Pair-up Bonus: +5 MAG, +3 RES
Weapon rank: Tomes (S)

Skills: (lvl 5) Vengeance-Skill x 1.5% chance of adding half the user’s (Max HP – Current HP) as damage
(lvl 15) Bowbreaker-Hit rate and Avoid +50 when the enemy is equipped with a Bow

Vengeance got nerfed a bit, going from a massive x2 skill activation to a mere 1.5. Also further nerfed by Nosferatu not being able to trigger Vengeance, further making the skill kinda limp now. Bowbreaker is decent, since Yumi's hit hard even in late game.

As I mentioned before, Sorcerer's also get a +10 crit bonus, along with +5 hit and +5 crit evade. That's the tradeoff along with better magical stats for not having a horse.

Ophelia

Class sets: Starts as Dark Mage, Samurai, Troubadour
PSkill: Bibliophile-When user is carrying 3 or more Tomes, Critical rate +10

Growth Rates
HP: 37.5
STR: 10
MAG: 80
SKL: 32.5
SPD: 60
LCK: 67.5
DEF: 22.5
RES: 50

What happens if you give Orochi a speed growth? You have Ophelia, who basically has +20 Crit between her PSkill and being a Sorcerer. And unlike Charlotte, she has a great use as an anti-mage unit with her high RES growth and can occasionally use Nosferatu to gum up a corridor.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 18, 2017

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

The Nohrian siblings have the best supports in the game.

...Regardless of whether or not this is true (it's not, the best supports generally involve Beruka or Oboro, because they're actually multifaceted characters, or the Awakening trio), using Xander's supports with these two as your example is hilarious.

Inigo's support is an Inigo support. It's relatively similar to several he's had before, and it's far more reflective on Inigo than who he's interacting with.

And then we have Peri. Peri, who has murdered untold numbers of her family servants, attempts to murder at least one - and I believe multiple - party member during their support, and is about to murder a shopkeep in another support (which implies she's probably actually done so multiple times before). Xander objects to, or attempts to discourage her from doing, precisely none of this. For those who've blotted previous portions of the story from their mind, Xander is the one complaining about Garon releasing Hans because he's a murderer. The only thing this support does is confirm he's the absolutely worst party member in the game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Vengeance is still good in the right setup. It still works great with Vantage, which both Ophelia and Odin can learn if you put in the resources (or you poach it from another castle), and can still live up to its reputation.

Also...yeah, Senno's skill loadout makes no sense. I guess maybe they were going for a mage shutdown unit, but Seal Magic and Lucky Seven are not exactly going to get that job done. If Senno had skills like Tomebreaker, Aegis or even Vengeance, he might have been a threatening boss/interesting captureable unit. Instead, he's just...there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best thing about senno is that if you capture him and reclass him into a dlc class, he keeps his hat

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Lord Koth posted:

...Regardless of whether or not this is true (it's not, the best supports generally involve Beruka or Oboro, because they're actually multifaceted characters, or the Awakening trio), using Xander's supports with these two as your example is hilarious.

Inigo's support is an Inigo support. It's relatively similar to several he's had before, and it's far more reflective on Inigo than who he's interacting with.

And then we have Peri. Peri, who has murdered untold numbers of her family servants, attempts to murder at least one - and I believe multiple - party member during their support, and is about to murder a shopkeep in another support (which implies she's probably actually done so multiple times before). Xander objects to, or attempts to discourage her from doing, precisely none of this. For those who've blotted previous portions of the story from their mind, Xander is the one complaining about Garon releasing Hans because he's a murderer. The only thing this support does is confirm he's the absolutely worst party member in the game.

I mean overall they have the best supports, though I don't disagree with your view of Xander/Peri. I stand by Xander/Lazlow, specifically their A support, though :colbert:.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Ophelia - Unlike Odin, who doesn't really seem sure of what role he wants (to the point that his innate growths actually lean slightly towards STRENGTH instead of Magic), his daughter knows exactly what role she wants and, barring maternal intervention, invests everything into her caster-ness. She's likely to have pretty good growths for a caster, and her personal is extremely likely to trigger normally for two reasons: First, why would you make her anything but a caster with THOSE stats? Second, why WOULDN'T you give her at least 3 different spells to cast, since she's got space for them? Now admittedly, I'm not sure if her PSkill refers to 3 different spells or 3 Tomes, specifically (as in the Nohrian version), but it's no big obstacle either way because you're probably gonna do it anyway.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
For heaven's sake, Ophelia, please put some clothes on. Or at least some pants.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Cythereal posted:

Nohr never invented pants.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

King garon is hoarding all the pants
He lusts after hoshidos meagre holding of pants
He must have all pants

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cythereal posted:

She follows her dad's example a little too much.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Peri and beruka wears pants. Infer on what you will

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Those are just chaps

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 18, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
suddenly i am sorry i never used Odin

this is the greatest family of dorks

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ophelia is one of the better reasons why Odin should be a Samurai as that allows her to start off with Astra.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Book of Supreme Fatal Divine Names? It's just my idea book. A place to scribble down impressive names for weapons. That's all.
Huh? So The Super-Ultimate Tome...
Yes. It doesn't exist.

Santa's not real??

Ugh, really?
Sorry to disappoint you, Ophelia, But maybe this will make it up to you.
Well, um... It's a tome.

I have a habit of naming my weapons. But I haven't named this one. Why don't you name it?
I can name this tome myself, Father? Whatever should I call it?
Ah! I have the perfect name.
Hmm? That was a little quick, no? What's the name then?

That slightly okay Iron Sword?

Missiletainn?! Why THAT name?
I saw it scribbled in the margins on the very last page of your idea book. Though it had to be more than just an idea for a name, Father. There were comments there that said it was a pretty crummy weapon, as it turned out.

I don't care. I just loved the sound of that name: Missiletainn.
What an ear you have—attuned to the slightest intimations of legend. Missiletainn was the ONLY name in that book I ever gave to a real weapon. Oh, yes. How I remember Missiletainn. The blade to which my hand was wed! The blade from which my enemies fled! We were quite a pair.

Let us hold hands, father and daughter, and let our foes flee our wrath. After all, now I hold Missiletainn. So we are three.

oh my god

What?! If I sift through your flair for words...
Yes! I want to travel with you. We are both chosen ones.
Ha ha! Then we march together. We are the chosen...two!
I can only hope the others won't be too humbled around so much excellence. Go introduce yourself, Ophelia.
At once, Father! Just imagine...

*meanwhile*

They are Birthright and Conquest. But which is which

Think the rest of us are at risk of being upstaged?
No way! They'll never—

SILAS WHERE YOU COME FROM

Well, anyway. It's all harmless fun. And Ophelia seems pretty nice.

Both of us, on the eternal stage of battle! With Missiletainn in a supporting part! I can already see it... A thousand foes before us, falling before my might.
Leave some for me! At least one hundred. No, FIVE HUNDRED.
I laugh at the odds. Let our foes come. I will smack them down!
I'll laugh louder and smack them harder! I will show you how it's done, Father!

E rank, 9 mt, 70 hit, 10 crit, Ophelia only, Skill and Resistance +1

Missiletainn is a stronger Fimbulvetr in every way, with the biggest advantage being the innate crit. So Ophelia can basically start out every battle with +30 crit chance if you can't double with Horse Spirit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

After all the "these guys are abusive parents" this one's refreshing to see.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Awakening trio has the best reason for wanting to stick kids as far away as possible for they don't want their children to go through a repeat of all the poo poo they had to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Hunt11 posted:

The Awakening trio has the best reason for wanting to stick kids as far away as possible for they don't want their children to go through a repeat of all the poo poo they had to deal with.

The Awakening kids are possibly the worst parents, because they KNOW what it's like to grow up without parents and they force their kids to do so anyway. :colbert:

• Locked thread