Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Tony Montana posted:

Well my point was I don't even have anything to back up Jos is a sociopath besides accusations. Sorry to the Dutch :( It was more a compliment of these guys probably won't be push-overs, but yes generalizing like that usually ends badly.

I'm pretty sure Jos is a sociopath, like he doesn't even seem to shy away from it or keep it quiet. I mean I don't have the psychological assessment of him but when trouble follows you around as much as it does him it's not really jumping to conclusions is it? Maybe he's calmed down now Max is at peak popularity and has realised he can't go around assaulting women and busting skulls without throwing serious shade on his meal ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know. It's a pretty heavy thing to level at someone without any actual proof. Sure he sounds hot tempered and we just love the hyperbole here at SA so we can make funny memes, but an actually dangerous man that perhaps had the money to squash all the poo poo he's done and settle out of court? Maybe, it's quite an assumption though.

Also I don't know how solid his English is, it's quite possible the Dutch themselves perceive him differently and he just doesn't give a gently caress about the English speaking press to 'defend' himself or whatever.

I definitely see moments of connection between father and son in those videos. Even the thousand yard stare video, that's more the thumbnail, if you watch it Max seems to be having an ok time.

edit: one of the first things that happens in the Spa video is they go through Eau Rouge (of course) and Jos first shakes his head and then motions for Max to take it easy. Max seems to completely ignore him and just do as he pleases. His dad also makes a joke as they take off and Max laughs. I think Max looks bored/spaced out because he's a loving hardcore and lapping that beast of a Renault is just another day at the office for him (at 19 lol)

edit2: around 2:50 is the best, wordlessly Max looks at Jos 'are you ok?' and Jos shakes his head and smiles and you can see Max's eyes smile

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 18, 2017

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tony Montana posted:

I think Max looks bored/spaced out because he's...

...reading your boring rear end posts

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Its better than your loving drivel. Lets post about posting

Hey I've got a game. I'll put you on ignore and you do the same for me. Lets see who has to take it off first because you're missing the good bits of the thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Someone said they wanted to see a 360 camera on an F1 car the other day, how's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAzUTmQuO0o

edit: and another! :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M0inetghnk

enri fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 18, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

Hey I've got a game. I'll put you on ignore and you do the same for me. Lets see who has to take it off first because you're missing the good bits of the thread

Have you considered not grabbing every single barb thrown at you. Combined with your sick BMW and hot sister humblebrags makes you seem incredibly insecure. As well as all your other badposting. Its why people hang extra poo poo on you

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ok man. This I dont get. You asked me a question and I told you the answer. Wasn't that the right answer?

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 11:59 on May 18, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Do yourself a favor and edit that post before iospace sees it. I'll spare you and won't even quote it.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
if we cant put faith in claims of jos being a horrible person, im not sure we can put faith in the claims of there being a hot sister

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tony Montana posted:

Ok man. This I dont get. You asked me a question and I told you the answer. Wasn't that the right answer?

The right answer was not to include homophobic slurs in your reposte that'd probably get you probated. I am saddened that I need to spell it out and that you seem confused as to what was wrong with your post.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh thats totally dependent on which part of SA you're in. Comon you know that. There are plenty of threads here where fag is still being used in a derogatory fashion. It depends on the mod and the forum and even thread. Perhaps you know what I don't, that Io doesn't like that. Thank you then. I'm just happy that it wasn't the content and just the wrong naughty word was used

edit: pics or it didn't happen, right Dubs?

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 18, 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
My Kimoa shades arrived in the post today. They're actually a hell of a lot better made than I thought they'd be, much better quality than the Oakley Holbrooks my girlfriend's rear end destroyed.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I'm the widow's peak hairline.

Unfortunately I'm a bit stuck for sunglasses as I need a prescription.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129585/carey-wants-to-bin-f1-infamous-concorde

Good luck with that.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Carth Dookie posted:

It's majestic in person.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

He can't possibly be that naive. He understands he's up against insane rules lawyers right?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Holy poo poo. Count down to Ferrari threatening stuff

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The teams will need the help of the only man who can stop this madness...

Bernie

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Carth Dookie posted:

He can't possibly be that naive. He understands he's up against insane rules lawyers right?

This guy just bought Formula One. American TV has taught me the golden rule is he who has the gold makes the rules

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Carth Dookie posted:

Actually I think this will be ludicrously easy to implement.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

Actually I think this will be ludicrously easy to implement.

Is Ross Brawn negotiating it? Makes all the difference.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

In a few years we are going to look back on the atrocious way Bernie ran F1 and be absolutely shocked that it didn't just implode under his reign.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

In a few years we are going to look back on the atrocious way Bernie ran F1 and be absolutely shocked that it didn't just implode under his reign.

Perhaps, but Liberty is going to make a lot less money off of F1 than Bernie did. Regardless, the end result will be better so I'm happy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Perhaps, but Liberty is going to make a lot less money off of F1 than Bernie did. Regardless, the end result will be better so I'm happy.

The stupid thing about publicly traded companies is that you don't have to actually make money in order to make money.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

My Kimoa shades arrived in the post today. They're actually a hell of a lot better made than I thought they'd be, much better quality than the Oakley Holbrooks my girlfriend's rear end destroyed.

Hey cool I think I bought a pair of these from a gas station once

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

People play Mario Kart sober?

The original SNES version? Yep. Any version after that... whatever floats your boat.

wicka posted:

Yokohama Sakuragicho is the best racing track in video game history, I will fight anyone on this. It's seems so simple but it's so difficult to get every corner right.

It seems we're going to have to throw down, wicka, cause me and Tsukuba Circuit from Forza 4 are best bros 4 lyfe.

Tony Montana posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhDNNvoBEg

Saw this last night. It's SO good. Just watch Jos's face! This is an ex-F1 driver, he's no pansy!

Max owns so hard. There are plenty of other videos of Jos and his son's amazing life and sharing being F1 drivers together. Unbelievably cool

I'm starting to like Max.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

My shtick is cool shades. I will pay stupid money for them. I lilke these very much. Got a link for where you got them? The colour would go with my ice blue TT nicely

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I wear mirrored aviators like I have for 20 years. Same pair too.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tony Montana posted:

Id rather report you until your perma banned. Cant really do that if your on my ignore list. You are genuinely the only person ever in this thread, past and present, I actually do not like one bit. Your an embarrassment to the thread and what it represents. You actually do not 'get' the thread and it shows.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Id rather report you until your perma banned. Cant really do that if your on my ignore list. You are genuinely the only person ever in this thread, past and present, I actually do not like one bit. Your an embarrassment to the thread and what it represents. You actually do not 'get' the thread and it shows.

This made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

A noble cause good sir

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dubs posted:

if we cant put faith in claims of jos being a horrible person, im not sure we can put faith in the claims of there being a hot sister

We can. She's hot. I've banged her.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

These Nandoglasses look awesome, I need to resist from buying a pair myself.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm waiting for one of his

"Later nerds gunna go do cocaine gently caress my sister and do doughnuts in my BMW M3. Do you know I drive a BMW? "

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Are the Nando shades polarized?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I use a pair of Tifosi shades. I should probably get a new pair soon as one of the lenses is really scratched up, but I can't bring myself to do so.

Carth Dookie posted:

Try contacts? That's what I do.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What's with all the praise for those Kimoa shades? The frame looks so drat cheap. Those are $113 CAD shades for something that cheap looking. Maybe at half the price I'd do a pair myself.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

iospace posted:

I use a pair of Tifosi shades. I should probably get a new pair soon as one of the lenses is really scratched up, but I can't bring myself to do so.

Try contacts? That's what I do.

I don't think that's going to do anything for the hairline tbh

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

What's with all the praise for those Kimoa shades? The frame looks so drat cheap. Those are $113 CAD shades for something that cheap looking. Maybe at half the price I'd do a pair myself.

tbh they feel much sturdier than most of my other shades. Ray Ban new wayfarers look good but they feel very plasticky and cheap for what is essentially a £70 pair. My aviators feel higher quality because they have metal frames but still pretty flimsy and like I said about the Holbrooks, they are ultra plasticky but have a nice frame shape. The frame on these are definitely plastic, but they've got like a soft touch finish and feel more rugged than the Oakleys or wayfarers. For 70 euros they seem pretty fairly priced compared to similar looking alternatives imo.

That's quite enough autism for a pair of sunglasses, I think. Besides, the weather is loving shite in London today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Isn't it poo poo there all the time?

• Locked thread