Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rangpur posted:

You can just delete them from your stock outright, man. On the PS4 I think it's the option button?

I mean, sure, it seems obvious now. :v:

You're making GBS threads me. Is this just in the velvet room or can It be done wherever? Why are so many features in this game completely undocumented?

NG+ is going to get run through with a fine toothed comb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

History Comes Inside! posted:

You're making GBS threads me. Is this just in the velvet room or can It be done wherever? Why are so many features in this game completely undocumented?

NG+ is going to get run through with a fine toothed comb.

In the triangle menu, under the "Persona"-heading - same place you check their stats and change Personas outside of battle. It says right at the bottom of the screen dude, there's a button prompt for it and everything. I don't think you can blame this one on the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

History Comes Inside! posted:

It'd be cool if instead of just going "lol no room" when you ambush a low level enemy for an instant kill it would let you swap the new persona into your party if it's one you haven't already got in the compendium.

Kinda annoying to have to either have to fight everything and hope you aren't too strong to not murder it immediately by accident, or spend a bunch of time fusing things away to make room in your list.

Hell just let me pay to execute a persona for no reason other than to remove it from my active list if there's no point in a fusion for it. Stop making my life harder with bullshit, game.

The gallows and electric chair help with this too

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Those blue robots in Palace 5 are weak to wind.

I think that's their only weakness? I don't remember.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Instant Grat posted:

In the triangle menu, under the "Persona"-heading - same place you check their stats and change Personas outside of battle. It says right at the bottom of the screen dude, there's a button prompt for it and everything. I don't think you can blame this one on the game.

Sure I can, most times a new mechanic/interaction comes up in the game I have to click through 2-3 pop up screens of nonsense telling me about that thing.

Could have just popped one up the first time I had a full list and said "oh hey if you want to just get rid of a dude here's how you do it"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I mean you could also just fully take in the screen with your eyeballs for a little bit.

It's not as bad as people not knowing you could craft other types of items at your desk tho. Like there's two other tabs with L1 and R1 next to them, what are yall doin

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Moltrey posted:

It's not as bad as people not knowing you could craft other types of items at your desk tho. Like there's two other tabs with L1 and R1 next to them, what are yall doin
I'm in Palace 7 and... uh... I did not know this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The stuff in the other menus isn't really super vital. It's Goho-Ms, alert level lowering items, and elemental attack items.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Waffleman_ posted:

The stuff in the other menus isn't really super vital. It's Goho-Ms, alert level lowering items, and elemental attack items.

Treasure Traps, dude

I'm legit shocked at how many people missed this??? How badly do you just let your eyes gloss over the button icons that tell you which button to press to see the other poo poo.

"I missed the button icon that appears on screen every time I enter the Persona-submenu" is not the game's fault, man. I'm sorry.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Treasure Traps are in the other tabs and that lets you jack up the Treasure Demon spawn rates so those aaaaare pretty rad

WhiteHowler posted:

I'm in Palace 7 and... uh... I did not know this.
im very sorry but how the heck my man

weak gamer level itt

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
as a strong gamer, i sit and analyze every new screen intensely, sometimes for as long as ten minutes, as if im playing a game of chess with this fun number algorithm story delivering program

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I rely on guides by more dedicated players than myself.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
What does Sae's rank 10 do?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

JUSTICE!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Deified Data posted:

Prevents you from being assassinated by a Pleasant Boy.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Oxxidation posted:

Prevents you from being assassinated by a Pleasant Boy.

This made me laugh.

Not wrong though.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Deified Data posted:

Let's you continue the story, and saves you from a bad ending

Also unlocks the Ultimate Judgement persona fusion.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

There is also the smokescreen that let's you get past enemies.

I didn't do this on my first run (and regretted it), but on my second one I used it in palace 4's treasure room and was able to get to the treasure without fighting.

I think it's gonna work for palace 5 too (maybe).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The smokescreen works famously in Palace 7.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Moltrey posted:

what

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
How are so many of y'all missing this extremely simple and intuitive thing

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Well, see, I could look at the screen and see these things that are clearly mentioned, or I could simultaneously complain about the game holding my hand too much with constant tutorial popups and Morgana AND not holding my hand enough by not giving me large tutorial popups.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, see, I could look at the screen and see these things that are clearly mentioned, or I could simultaneously complain about the game holding my hand too much with constant tutorial popups and Morgana AND not holding my hand enough by not giving me large tutorial popups.

Aren't you tired? You should probably go to sleep.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Instant Grat posted:

How are so many of y'all missing this extremely simple and intuitive thing

Like 10 hours of tutorial making you complacent leading into establishing a daily routine makes people significantly less likely to explore or even look at things they don't already know about.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

sirtommygunn posted:

Like 10 hours of tutorial making you complacent leading into establishing a daily routine makes people significantly less likely to explore or even look at things they don't already know about.

On the one hand: I can sort of see that

On the other

This isn't even remotely subtle or hidden. It's right there!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Instant Grat posted:

On the one hand: I can sort of see that

On the other

This isn't even remotely subtle or hidden. It's right there!

wait what?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I personally did not do a lot of crafting so I sort of get it. But when you get to a new gameplay feature menu, how do you not just give a good once over and poke at it a bit

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel very bad for people who never found out they could craft Vanish Balls and Smokescreens. While Star ranks 5 and 9 obsolete Vanish Balls, I still used them a few times when I got surrounded by a nasty enemy group, and I used Smokescreens a couple of times in the fifth Palace when there wasn't any cover to hide behind.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Those blue robots in Palace 5 are weak to wind.

I think that's their only weakness? I don't remember.
Fire too, I believe. The problem isn't that they're invincible, or anything. It's that you don't get to ambush them, and if they act before I can trigger a hold up, everyone but the MC is probably in critical condition or dead, and he only survives because I've been using the Repel Physical/Gun Personas as a crutch. Triple Down is a brutal skill.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Nephrite posted:

Aren't you tired? You should probably go to sleep.

Let's not do that today.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Look at these people making other items and not bringing sixty five lockpicks to every palace

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Harrow posted:

I feel very bad for people who never found out they could craft Vanish Balls and Smokescreens. While Star ranks 5 and 9 obsolete Vanish Balls, I still used them a few times when I got surrounded by a nasty enemy group, and I used Smokescreens a couple of times in the fifth Palace when there wasn't any cover to hide behind.

Running is for cowards

I'm looking at the full list of tools and aside from limelight/spotlight, and treasure trap nothing seems all that great. I am glad though there's something aside from lockpicks and the useless alert level lowering stuff to make.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I only ever ran from fights when I was surrounded and would definitely die if I didn't (being surrounded on Hard mode can get pretty nasty) :v:

Well, and used Smokescreens to just run past enemies in that time-limited chase at the end of Palace 5, before I realized just how short that actually was and that I had plenty of time to fight.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
While lockpicks are certainly the best, it IS pretty great that you can sit in class and just casually make molotov cocktails in full view of everybody. No wonder nobody at school knows what to think of Joker.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Rangpur posted:

Fire too, I believe. The problem isn't that they're invincible, or anything. It's that you don't get to ambush them, and if they act before I can trigger a hold up, everyone but the MC is probably in critical condition or dead, and he only survives because I've been using the Repel Physical/Gun Personas as a crutch. Triple Down is a brutal skill.

Yeah, I think I did that too.

Physical and gun repel/block is really good.

But palace 5 is annoying.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Harrow posted:

I only ever ran from fights when I was surrounded and would definitely die if I didn't (being surrounded on Hard mode can get pretty nasty) :v:

Well, and used Smokescreens to just run past enemies in that time-limited chase at the end of Palace 5, before I realized just how short that actually was and that I had plenty of time to fight.

Except the enemies respawn as soon as you beat them. Also, time doesn't pause in battle.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Except the enemies respawn as soon as you beat them. Also, time doesn't pause in battle.

Ah, I didn't know about the respawn. I knew time didn't pause in battle but there were only two enemies in the path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Am I doing something wrong where enemies shorten their patrol routes when I'm in hiding? Instead of walking past me they'll get to where I am and then turn around.

Bastards.