Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grumple wumpkins
Jan 9, 2009

faxmachine posted:

This thread hasn't been this exciting since an eight year old looted our bank and caused that turbosperg to meltdown.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
[john goodman meme where Walter gets out his gun]Am i the only one around here who

faxmachine posted:

This thread hasn't been this exciting since an eight year old looted our bank and caused that turbosperg to meltdown.

oh nvm.

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

he said "this thread hasn't been this exciting since an eight year old looted our bank and caused that turbosperg to meltdown."

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Raekwon_Chef
Apr 9, 2013

DancingShade posted:

PWE sent me an email telling me to claim a promo pack with all holo BoFFs of the entire TOS crew (except Kirk apparently).

Won't say no to more holographic cannon fodder :toot:

I just got that email, tried 4 different video drivers, finally was able to boot the game... it ran like a slideshow. But the TOS crew was cool to see.
I really miss this game, which is something I should mention to my therapist.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

suck my dick. epicdeer guy got first right of refusal

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

----------------

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

eat my poo poo bitch

jack.
Sep 1, 2001
beecock.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

White Genocide posted:

suck my dick. epicdeer guy got first right of refusal

that means if/when one of you accept to suck my dick e.d.g can opt to get his dick sucked first

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
what happened

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
This is like the klingons allover again lol

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

jay z's sedan posted:

Orbiting Rectus 9

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Skylark posted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Skylark posted:

grumple wumpkins
Jan 9, 2009

lol

grumple wumpkins
Jan 9, 2009

this is primo docevil Star Trek flag posting territory. It's like free real estat

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

grumple wumpkins posted:

this is primo docevil Star Trek flag posting territory. It's like free real estat

gently caress yeah just got this one

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Classic

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

mycophobia posted:

gently caress yeah just got this one

set a course for weed.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Thread finally where it needs to be.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej24W8gcmXQ

----------------

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
orville will be better than discovery

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
Welp here we are, Never thought id see the day when seth macfarlane makes more compelling scifi than the "serious" franchises themselves, but lets face it starwars and trek have gone lightyears up their own rear end into sjwy cuckery in recent years. Anyone who doubts seths abilities watch the famguy star wars parodies, the faithfulness and attention to detail is fantastic. Wouldn't be surprised if he calls in a favor from Neil Tyson (Cosmos) to add even more legitimacy, another perk of having relevantcy which seth gets from being the king entertainment who makes half of everything on tv.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Norm McDonalds voice over!...................................... My Wallet!

Doubt many people picked up on it tbh, not a big deal.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Coq au Nandos posted:

orville will be better than discovery

Bloody oath it will.

ST taking itself seriously is when it's utter crap. Not taking space wizards and space gods and space battle of Trafalgar ships too seriously is when it actually works and is entertaining.

Also Family Guy Star Wars is better than every SW movie made this century.

----------------

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
You can tell seth is a huge fan of the source material and he wouldnt besmirch space shows by making one of his infamously dirty/edgy jokes, like saying something we all think about one of the non-white races but we wouldnt DARE actually say it out loud but on familyguy they say it -- orville is going to stick to a respectable Dreamworks-cgi-kids-movie level of comedy on this project, out of respect for the old shows. Because heis one classy motherfucker. :golfclap: Im hoping Orville will have a canpy, sissy human being bottom style character that seems to be the perfect muse for Seth's comedy (think Stewie at his most memorable); maybe a vulcan type alien can fill theose shoes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

----------------

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Skylark posted:

You can tell seth is a huge fan of the source material and he wouldnt besmirch space shows by making one of his infamously dirty/edgy jokes, like saying something we all think about one of the non-white races but we wouldnt DARE actually say it out loud but on familyguy they say it -- orville is going to stick to a respectable Dreamworks-cgi-kids-movie level of comedy on this project, out of respect for the old shows. Because heis one classy motherfucker. :golfclap: Im hoping Orville will have a canpy, sissy human being bottom style character that seems to be the perfect muse for Seth's comedy (think Stewie at his most memorable); maybe a vulcan type alien can fill theose shoes.

I hope Orville ends up being the new main continuity and everyone starts to think of ST as a comedy show and those old boring serious ones as "a bad idea".

----------------

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
But Galaxy Quest is the best Trek they ever made already?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
beecock

----------------

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Well all, I'm afraid it's time for me to become leader of the Star Trek Online goonguild starship dental. Yes, you heard that right - the guild is named starship dental... that should be your first clue that this isn't, erm, exactly a normal mmo forum. These guys have a skewed, absurdist perspective on things, like Monty Python or Old Spice, and they're not afraid to apply that perspective to things as diverse from the name of an mmo guild to the "quick start" page of a wiki or an mmo guild. I for one can't wait to become a part of the team.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Skylark posted:

Welp here we are, Never thought id see the day when seth macfarlane makes more compelling scifi than the "serious" franchises themselves, but lets face it starwars and trek have gone lightyears up their own rear end into sjwy cuckery in recent years. Anyone who doubts seths abilities watch the famguy star wars parodies, the faithfulness and attention to detail is fantastic. Wouldn't be surprised if he calls in a favor from Neil Tyson (Cosmos) to add even more legitimacy, another perk of having relevantcy which seth gets from being the king entertainment who makes half of everything on tv.

Skylark posted:

lmfao

----------------

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
There's no better feeling in the world than flying your spaceship up alongside some noobie and having them say "Starfleet... dental!? Dentistry doesn't have anything to do with spaceships! Is this some kind of a joke??" Well, it is a joke, and here's the punchline - me firing a powerful laser at your spaceship and turning you into space junk. The Something Awful Forums' mmo subforum The MMO HMO, bitch!!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Skylark posted:

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

Skylark posted:

----------------

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

no they will not posted:

There's no better feeling in the world than flying your spaceship up alongside some noobie and having them say "Starfleet... dental!? Dentistry doesn't have anything to do with spaceships! Is this some kind of a joke??" Well, it is a joke, and here's the punchline - me firing a powerful laser at your spaceship and turning you into space junk. The Something Awful Forums' mmo subforum The MMO HMO, bitch!!

----------------

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Why is this happening

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

faxmachine posted:

can u quote the melt down? it sounds funny. anyway I imagine this thread will be moved back to GBS shortly so dont worry

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It was actually two separate incidents - the first was a colossal numpty freaking out because people dared to move things around in the guild bank or something (bit before my time), the second was finding out that the bank had been emptied by a goon's kid who thought it was ok to take and sell everything to pad his own wallet. The kid was a loving hero.

jack.
Sep 1, 2001
simply insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

jack. posted:

simply insane.

Welcome to stars treks online, home of the worst mmo community outside of second life. Probably.

What's sad is it used to be worse. So much worse. Goons did an amazing clean up job.

If someone else kept any /local chat logs from old drozana to post then you might think it actually was second life.

The public ERPing, the rampant racism, the sexism, the homophobia, the pedophiles, the right wing gun nuts, and the autism aside what really stood out to me were the people who used multi accounts to have an in game "wife" that followed them around social zones who flew into rage fits of denial if you called them out on it.
Oh and the people who RP'd underage girls who then pretended to be their father. Or the slave role play. Or or or gently caress I don't want to remember any more.
The fecal fetish role play in public channels :suicide:

You probably think that's an exaggeration but... no. nooooo

----------------

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 18, 2017

• Locked thread