Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Cody is the Akira of cum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
California is doing something about weight cutting.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/16/15648532/csac-passes-ground-breaking-package-of-weight-cutting-regulations

They don't want you walking around at any more than 110% of your fighting weight, and fighters will be licensed by weight. Worth reading the whole article.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

“If we have a fighter contracted for 155 and they’re 195 pounds 30 days out, maybe it’s time to get with the promoter, get with the medical committee and talk about this to see if it’s really appropriate for this fight,” Foster said. “It does happen.”

It's rude of them to pick on Matt Serra.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I suddenly want to see Gleison Tibau at LHW. He's the new Rumble.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
New weight classes at 165, 175, 195 and 225 as well? We boxing now????

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't understand how people can look at heavyweight and think "lets cut this in half" when the talent well is empty after #3 (generous) in the rankings

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
On Bisping's podcast yesterday he was saying that neither he or GSP were contacted about the fight being off and that his left knee is so hurt he can't straighten it and can't train at all and he probably needs a while before his next fight.

So it doesn't sound like he'll be fighting Romero anytime soon.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Bisping you cowardly limey gently caress.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Jota posted:

On Bisping's podcast yesterday he was saying that neither he or GSP were contacted about the fight being off and that his left knee is so hurt he can't straighten it and can't train at all and he probably needs a while before his next fight.

quack quack

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

You guys are being mean, how can he illegally knee Romero if his knee won't bend?

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Patrick Spens posted:

Bisping you cowardly limey gently caress.

I don't blame him. Then again I also won't consider him anything more than a fluke until he defends, so I guess I'm just not that invested.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jota posted:

I bet it'll feel better when Dana comes around saying you're getting a bit more for your next fight buddy and knocks a 0 on the end.

Novum posted:

I don't blame him. Then again I also won't consider him anything more than a fluke until he defends, so I guess I'm just not that invested.

He did defend the belt.
It might have been against someone who is old enough to be his granddad but it was a defence

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Good god I have a blank spot in my brain where caring about Bisping is supposed to be.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Bisping going for the Fabian strategy against Romero. Continues to evade until Romero turns to dust and blows away.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Novum posted:

Good god I have a blank spot in my brain where caring about Bisping is supposed to be.

Seems like a sound policy.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Saw news on my work elevator news screen that McGregor signed for the Mayweather fight?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

Saw news on my work elevator news screen that McGregor signed for the Mayweather fight?

Apparently his side of the deal is done and the ball is in Mayweather's court now.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I bet it'll feel better when Dana comes around saying you're getting a bit more for your next fight buddy and knocks a 0 on the end.

He did defend the belt.
It might have been against someone who is old enough to be his granddad but it was a defence

bispings old too

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Jota posted:

lmao i love Bisping's quantum knee so much

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

threeagainstfour posted:

Apparently his side of the deal is done and the ball is in Mayweather's court now.

Lol

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

Bisping sucks

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

vainman posted:

Bisping sucks

counterpoint: he's the best

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Both those things are true imo

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

I give up on ever predicting anything in MMA.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I don't think it surprising that Conor signed the fight he relentlessly pitched which will make him more in one fight that he will over his entire MMA career.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

vainman posted:

Bisping sucks

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

counterpoint: he's the best

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
gsp you must absolutely fight me on or before july 8th. btw i can't walk.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

On a long enough timeline everyone becomes Tito Ortiz

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
When Tyron Woodley ducks a fight everyone hates him. When Bisping ducks a fight the response is mixed. hmm

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Yeah, Conor was never going to be the difficult side of the deal to get done. He's going to make way, way more money then he ever would in an MMA fight. Floyd will be the tricky one to get signed.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

When Tyron Woodley ducks a fight everyone hates him. When Bisping ducks a fight the response is mixed. hmm

michael bisping embarrassed a left coast pretty boy and made fun of a cheating latino.

tyron woodley thinks that black lives matter.

u do the math

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

Yeah, Conor was never going to be the difficult side of the deal to get done. He's going to make way, way more money then he ever would in an MMA fight. Floyd will be the tricky one to get signed.

For sure. I just never thought things would even get this far. It doesn't look great for the UFC if they can't do the deal now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

gsp you must absolutely fight me on or before july 8th. btw i can't walk.

hahah

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

...and the pitch! posted:

For sure. I just never thought things would even get this far. It doesn't look great for the UFC if they can't do the deal now.

They can just blame Floyd.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

turns out my beautiful boy talked about his knee problems and suggested an October GSP fight on May 8, which was 2 days before Dana scrapped GSP/Bisping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OLgkNkmUlA @ 1:19

pls retract all of your hurtful assertions in a timely manner, thank you

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

They can just blame Floyd.

We'll know

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
GSPs on so many steroids that bisping invented a knee problem to duck him

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Conor-Floyd is such a weird fight because intellectually I know it's just a money-grubbing sham but emotionally I want to bask in the spectacle of it. Plus the one in a million chance of Conor KOing Floyd would be so sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Noctone posted:

Conor-Floyd is such a weird fight because intellectually I know it's just a money-grubbing sham but emotionally I want to bask in the spectacle of it. Plus the one in a million chance of Conor KOing Floyd would be so sweet.

Agreed

• Locked thread