Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Bicyclops posted:

This was a legitimate fun derail about gender and music, in which nobody even screamed at anyone else or flipped over the grill. Good job, everybody.

The whole thing did smack of gender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Another day volunteering at the BBC costume department and everyone keeps asking if they can gently caress Bill's t-shirt. Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the shirt.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
"the confession dial isn't real." i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the capital dome with my lovely type-40

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between Mummy on the Orient Express and Kill the Moon. you imbecile. you loving moron"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bicyclops posted:

Another day volunteering at the BBC costume department and everyone keeps asking if they can gently caress Bill's t-shirt. Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the shirt.

I'm having G-rated flashbacks to DoctorWhat's coat...

...which reminds me. DoctorWhat, in case I never told you - I'm the one responsible for your current avatar.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Man I need someone to give me a BRCT so that I can move onto Colin. I've had Peter for years now*

*If anyone's wondered where he's gone. Also my name is Mark, but I don't really want The Ice Warriors episodes 2 or 3 because they're dull and the story flows better with the abridged recon version

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

CobiWann posted:

...which reminds me. DoctorWhat, in case I never told you - I'm the one responsible for your current avatar.

FINALLY! AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MrL_JaKiri posted:

the story flows better with the abridged recon version

It does, but I'm glad we live in a world where we can have access to a "full" version as well.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Man I need someone to give me a BRCT so that I can move onto Colin. I've had Peter for years now*

*If anyone's wondered where he's gone. Also my name is Mark, but I don't really want The Ice Warriors episodes 2 or 3 because they're dull and the story flows better with the abridged recon version

Tell me about it. I had a Peter clown balloon one ready with video game characters for Adric, Tegan and Nissa, but nobody has been angry at me in long enough that I'd have to remake it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

As I'm on my way down south for a bit soon does anyone fancy a trip to the pub or something?

I forget who lives down that way (except Ms Boods!)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I live in That London

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWkiQs8SxiU
"Domestic bliss on Derilium. At least that's the word among the Daleks."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Yt31Xes50
"Lotta golf."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I understand that Gomez will be leaving along with Capaldi and Moffat.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's a shame. She and Capaldi had amazing chemistry, but who knows how well she'd play off the next Doctor?

If Bill doesn't stick around either, the next series could be a completely cleared slate.

...Again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Awww man, she's so good :(

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Well Manicured Man posted:

That's a shame. She and Capaldi had amazing chemistry, but who knows how well she'd play off the next Doctor?

If Bill doesn't stick around either, the next series could be a completely cleared slate.

...Again.

Maybe Nardole will stay on. :razz:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

Awww man, she's so good :(

However, Radio Times reports that she is appearing in more episodes this season than the next one and the last two as was originally indicated.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Maybe she'll come back for a multi-Master episode sometime in a couple o' years. :getin:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
She has to step down as The Master so that she can accept the role of The Doctor.

A man can dream. A man can dream. :unsmith:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Bicyclops posted:

Please look for my Doctor Who episode, Doctor Whofangled and The Invisible Arps, starring Tamsin Grieg as the Doctor.

with Dylan Moran as the Master and Bill Bailey as the Doctor's companion :allears:

MrL_JaKiri posted:

As I'm on my way down south for a bit soon does anyone fancy a trip to the pub or something?

I forget who lives down that way (except Ms Boods!)

I'm stuck in my lair on the south coast with about 40 exams this weekend :( (which I'm powering through, no breaks, no excuses, to get the damned things out of my life...you know it's going to be a long session when the first one out of the pile contains this gem, 'The Gracchi had some reforms, things gradually happened, and then Julius Caesar.' Now there's a Doctor Who episode waiting to be written).

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

She has to step down as The Master so that she can accept the role of The Doctor.

A man can dream. A man can dream. :unsmith:

Right, and then that will free up Capaldi so he can play the role of the Valeyard.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Ms Boods posted:

I'm stuck in my lair on the south coast with about 40 exams this weekend :( (which I'm powering through, no breaks, no excuses, to get the damned things out of my life...you know it's going to be a long session when the first one out of the pile contains this gem, 'The Gracchi had some reforms, things gradually happened, and then Julius Caesar.' Now there's a Doctor Who episode waiting to be written).

I plan approximately 5 years in advance; this'd be some time in June or July :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ms Boods posted:

'The Gracchi had some reforms, things gradually happened, and then Julius Caesar.'

Marius and Sulla (and everything else!) being described as "things gradually happened" is loving amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welp, mystery solved I guess.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

I think we've reach peak 'The Doctor has slept with famous historical person'. It might have overtaken "Doctor Who?" lines for being overdone. Or maybe I'm just too hard on the running gags sometimes.

DroneRiff fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 20, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wasn't really feeling this episode till it turned into NPCs committing suicide because they just realized they're NPCs, which is incredibly hosed up.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Ditto. It made my interest pick right up.
Also, Doctor Who talkibg about Grand Theft Auto and Star Trek, the times we live in.

Edit: Reading Greg Egan's Permutation City at the moment and it very slightly deals with some of the same ideas. Not super over lapping but it made my mind go "cool".

And the twist, very Twilight Zone, etc.

DroneRiff fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 20, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That priest just loaded up the die motherfucker video on youtube

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm confused. :(

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
I'm not sure if this episode started off weak, or was just a bit too slow. Thankfully, it started to click about halfway through and ended up a decent episode; looking forward to the next one.

Also, really glad they ended the "who's in the box" mystery and didn't drag it out for a whole season.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---series-10-special-offer-week-6

Today's Big Finish deal is an old story with Michelle Gomez in it, and the the Two Masters trilogy.

I haven't listened to the former, but I can highly recommend the latter

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm confused. :(

It's basically the first half-hour to 45 minutes of the Matrix but… Doctor Who.

trouser_mouse
Apr 27, 2008

What the gently caress was that

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TinTower posted:

It's basically the first half-hour to 45 minutes of the Matrix but… Doctor Who.

It felt like an hour of set-up for what's likely to be a disappointing episode next week (I believe next week is this season's Peter Harness episode).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe

Maybe 4th times the charm?

Man why the hell has he been on the last two seasons and this one. Better writers haven't been able to stay on as consistent as him.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxTFPVwqqaE
Your usual fanshow aftermaath
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZusTZb_QQ8U
Hoo boy, Peter Harness episode...here we go again...

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I was really loving the episode when they got to the scientists, but christ, that ending. And then they woke up!/And then the computer game ended :< Absolute amateur hour bullshit. Like, that's how you end a lovely story as a kid.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Season 10 finale is going to end with the Doctor and Bill going home for tea.

AttitudeAdjuster
May 2, 2010
I thought the fact that The Doctor et al were sentient parts of the simulation rather than hooked up to it made it a fairly effective riff on the trope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

I wonder how many other Doctors were running around in there.

• Locked thread