Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A more detailed article on CS III's battle system.

quote:

-Previously, if you touched an enemy on the field or in a dungeon, it switched to a separate battle screen, but this time battles are fought on the same terrain you travel. This can significantly affect your strategy depending on where you encounter the enemy, be it in an intricate labyrinth, on a map with differences in elevation, etc.

-Juna can switch to Gunner mode to strike a large number of enemies at the cost of lower stats compared to Striker mode

-Orders: Spend BP to cast a partywide buff that doesn't consume a turn. (guessing only one active at a time)

Rean’s Exclusive Brave Order: “Totsugekijin [Rekka]”: Raises damage output and grants CP when the order is activated. Low BP cost.

Altina’s Exclusive Brave Order: “Noire Crest”: Reflects all attacks. High BP cost.

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-new-battle-system-elements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
The idea of Cold Steel 3 is kind of weird gameplay-wise, like I'm at the final dungeon of 2 but Rean should just be clowning the entire campaign again with Flame Dragon and Super Ogre Arc Slash forever since the idea is that he's a teacher fighting with his students or whatever.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

The idea of Cold Steel 3 is kind of weird gameplay-wise, like I'm at the final dungeon of 2 but Rean should just be clowning the entire campaign again with Flame Dragon and Super Ogre Arc Slash forever since the idea is that he's a teacher fighting with his students or whatever.

his students were just holding back

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Last Celebration posted:

Probably the same as Sara: gently caress this poo poo, holding back fucktons.

He's also probably sick of all of this poo poo entirely.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Not like it's the first time in the series a badass veteran character has joined the party and not noticeably outperformed the supposed rookies (Zin, Sara etc.) So it's probably another case of that.

Actually, knowing Rean he's probably gotten so emotionally constipated that its affecting his swordsmanship. Isn't the Vander kid supposed to be unimpressed with him as an instructor or something?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He's also emotionally unstable enough that he can't go It's All Ogre Now

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

With Agate around, It's my #1 hope he gives Rean the sort of kick-up-the-arse that Loewe once gave to him.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

The Doomhammer posted:

With Agate around, It's my #1 hope he gives Rean the sort of kick-up-the-arse that Loewe once gave to him.

That'd be fun.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Doomhammer posted:

Not like it's the first time in the series a badass veteran character has joined the party and not noticeably outperformed the supposed rookies (Zin, Sara etc.) So it's probably another case of that.

Actually, knowing Rean he's probably gotten so emotionally constipated that its affecting his swordsmanship. Isn't the Vander kid supposed to be unimpressed with him as an instructor or something?

To be fair, what we know of Kurt Vander suggests he's an arrogant twat in the first place. The president of Falcom literally describes him as having a complex that makes him think he's smart.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sad the numbers have gone back down to first game levels

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Oh huh, really? Not that I care gameplay-wise, but I kinda took it for granted that he had his poo poo together-ish and that CS3 would mostly be a Sky 3 dealio.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Last Celebration posted:

Oh huh, really? Not that I care gameplay-wise, but I kinda took it for granted that he had his poo poo together-ish and that CS3 would mostly be a Sky 3 dealio.

That wouldn't make sense with the setting.

Maybe they power level really fast or something. There's no real reason for Altina to be weak either.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 18, 2017

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

quote:

There's no real reason for Altina to be weak either.

She caught emotions off Rean, dividing her damage by ten.

I do hope they don't set everyone back too much actually, everyone being pretty much a complete character off the bat in 3rd is a lot of fun.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

They'll just say there's a new improved version of ARCUS or something but everyone who uses it has to get used to it again and rebuild their combat links etc. etc.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Do we have a date yet for CS PC? Google only gives "summer."

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GrandpaPants posted:

Do we have a date yet for CS PC? Google only gives "summer."

When was the last time XSEED gave a digital only game a release date further than a month out.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Terper posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I was surprised he could still use it in the epilogue.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

rean goes "guess it's time to stop holding back" and his level shoots up to 200

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I finished Trails 3rd and there are tons of words.

But the most burning question I have is that I missed almost half of Trails in the Chest and I have no idea where the missing segments are. Did anyone get all of them?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i took screenshots of all the ones i saw but i think some parts were in chests that changed with the time of day and i didn't find out about those until too late

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

lets hang out posted:

i took screenshots of all the ones i saw but i think some parts were in chests that changed with the time of day and i didn't find out about those until too late

I have everything I saw in a .txt file, but I'm missing a ton of parts.

I also missed a few bits from the Hideko story.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

well here's all the ones i got including one that was bugged off screen just enough to hide the number http://imgur.com/a/hiMnX

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

lets hang out posted:

well here's all the ones i got including one that was bugged off screen just enough to hide the number http://imgur.com/a/hiMnX

I forgot about the bugged one and I hadn't seen part 23, but otherwise I have the same ones.

I wonder if they intentionally didn't finish both stories?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

good luck gamers

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

lets hang out posted:

The gently caress?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Okay, there's only a couple of maps that have time changes (I think only Grancel and Jenis?), so I guess I have a reason to go back into it!

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Oh god Grancel's going to be a pain, but I think I got all of them my first time through. So all I have to do is check them again.

Haven't gotten to Jenis yet, been procrastinating in Chapter 5.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I rescoured Grancel and got a ton more.

http://imgur.com/a/HqQ6H

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

believe there's time of day at Le Locle too

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

:agreed:

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

So the inevitable Ouroboros arc game will star Gilbert as the protagonist right.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Related, I'm not sure how this could technically work but I've thought about how cool it might be if we got a Trails game where the protagonist is a newly recruited Enforcer working for some new Anguis plan. I almost got the impression Rean was heading down that path prior to details of CS3 coming to light, though who knows what direction that game might take in the end.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

Related, I'm not sure how this could technically work but I've thought about how cool it might be if we got a Trails game where the protagonist is a newly recruited Enforcer working for some new Anguis plan. I almost got the impression Rean was heading down that path prior to details of CS3 coming to light, though who knows what direction that game might take in the end.

I'd love that too but if good old XIII was too much of a softie for the job, there is no way in Gehenna that Rean would ever make it.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Honestly the vetting on who can become an enforcer doesn't seem all that stringent.

Strong? check!
Got some 'Darkness' in you, whatever that means? Check.
Free will? Ha, like we have to ask you about that, I'll just put a big ol 'check' mark right here...

The Doomhammer fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 20, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Takes their responsibilities seriously: flexible

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

The Doomhammer posted:

Honestly the vetting on who can become an enforcer doesn't seem all that stringent.

Strong? check!
Got some 'Darkness' in you, whataver that means? Check.
Free will? Ha, like we have to ask you about that, I'll just put a big ol 'check' mark right here...

Im pretty sure "Great Hair" is also in the list.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i'm not convinced they have responsibilities

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm excited to see if the whole Osborne at war with OB thing means Sharon will have to abandon her post and return to duty.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

i'm not convinced they have responsibilities

They kind of don't. I think it's mentioned in Cold Steel 2 that enforcers don't even have to answer when they're called, and that whoever feels like showing up is welcome in an operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

So the inevitable Ouroboros arc game will star Gilbert as the protagonist right.

It's the logical conclusion of unwinnable fights, just have a game that is nothing but unwinnable fights that you're bailed out of