Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Pretty much everything is worth it from a "suffer you loving pubbie" perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Always thought the game should have the crew flee the vehicle and you can machine gun them for points.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CitizenKain posted:

Always thought the game should have the crew flee the vehicle and you can machine gun them for points.

Also, have your crew swarm another tank and kill their crew and start playing their tank.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/05/17/supertest-vk-168-02-p-initial-stats/

lol this thing is absurd. You've outdone yourselves WG

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Comments recommended they call it the Offender, which is just an excellent joke.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It still has more view range than the AMX 13 90. :nallears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
drat that thing is ugly.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

The stolen dutch bicycle on it is a nice touch.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Comments recommended they call it the Offender, which is just an excellent joke.

See the Chrysler K you can kind of be okay with sorta somehow, but this is just ridiculous. Who the gently caress is in charge of Wargaming balance and who is providing the statistics on these things for which they balance?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

HFX posted:

See the Chrysler K you can kind of be okay with sorta somehow, but this is just ridiculous. Who the gently caress is in charge of Wargaming balance and who is providing the statistics on these things for which they balance?

The accountants.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

The accountants.

What don't accountants ruin?

Voodoomunki
May 25, 2008

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Another day, another random battle featuring a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

Picture the scene; you're using the M44 on Prokhorovka, happily blapping away at almost anything and everything your team spots (including some unfortunate bastard who's decided to park his Tiger (P) in the middle of the field), the score's an apparent dead-cert win at 13-6. Then some fucker pulls a plug somewhere and your team suddenly turns into the biggest pack of windowlicking mongo cretins imaginable, inexplicably deciding that slowly moving one-by-one over the centre ridge to try duelling a VK16.02 Leopard is the way to go, while some Ikv 90B racks up an easy Poole's Medal in the process.

This has been about 90% of my games since the patch, I want to enjoy playing but it's hard when there's so much stupid on display.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

HFX posted:

They used to give a poo poo about balance in a vague way, but a tier 9 tank as a tier 8 premium, ugh.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

So is pretty matchmaking still a thing because maybe they can do the opposite and make it tier 9 battles or higher

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Atomizer posted:

Discord. PM me in-game for Discord and PANSY invites.

Do you PM through the contacts window? Mine is broken and won't even load. Washout IGN.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

So they are cashing out.

Watch them make it available for 24 hours only.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

So is pretty matchmaking still a thing because maybe they can do the opposite and make it tier 9 battles or higher

Supposedly WG doesn't want to do preferred matchmaking for premiums, but honestly since the patch it's rare my Skorpion sees a T10 match whereas before that's about all it saw

After watching some War Thunder stuff I think I'd kind of like it if WG incorporated their reticle system, you know, how the crosshairs move around compared to where you are aiming at....but then it'd likely suck for them as people get more pissed when their shots go flying way the gently caress off target with even less explanation than before. Sometimes I feel like I'm following Musket rules

V Someone in this very thread was saying they sold a tank because the shots would fo off into a high corner, or in some cases where I was at a dead stop, fully aimed and fired multiple shots that hit, need that last shot to kill and suddenly it's like the crew goes dumb, the next shot goes high, another will hit the dirt. I know I'm not the only one this happens to and it's not at super long ranges either.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 17, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SocketWrench posted:

After watching some War Thunder stuff I think I'd kind of like it if WG incorporated their reticle system, you know, how the crosshairs move around compared to where you are aiming at....but then it'd likely suck for them as people get more pissed when their shots go flying way the gently caress off target with even less explanation than before.

Got an example?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Washout posted:

They used to give a poo poo about balance in a vague way, but a tier 9 tank as a tier 8 premium, ugh.

Not only a Tier 9 tank as a Tier 8 premium, but a tank that will all but force every Tier 6-8 tank to carry way more gold ammo to deal with the glut of increasingly-hard-to-penetrate T8 premiums.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
Just a 416 doing 416 things:

http://wotreplays.com/site/3592323#tundra-hfx-object_416

quote:

LazDoomster (5/17/2017 8:24:17 PM) congratulations on the Radley-Walters. Hope you choke on it
HFX (5/17/2017 8:24:28 PM) pfft :-p
LazDoomster (5/17/2017 8:24:32 PM) loving tryhard
HFX (5/17/2017 8:24:33 PM) Quit beling jealous
LazDoomster (5/17/2017 8:24:40 PM) I NEEDED ONE MORE loving KILL

HFX fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 18, 2017

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
i love when people beg for something for a mission and you can just destroy it, its really funny when they're on the other side of the map and expect the team to wait for them to get over to the last enemy

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
One more kill for what?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

One more kill for what?

He was trying to get 2.2 of the medium missions done. He died to the VK while I was busy killing the T29 and KV-3.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

HFX posted:

He was trying to get 2.2 of the medium missions done. He died to the VK while I was busy killing the T29 and KV-3.

Holy poo poo people actually stuggle with that? Hah. They probably don't realize they only need the 15th mission finished with honors to skip the arti missions.

Also just got snapshot blind by a 113 in a CW fight against RDDT, lol. Fair play policy working as intended.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

:downs:

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

HFX posted:

Well played in that 416 game. I have the 416 with most of the modules unlocked via free exp but I need to decide whether I want to buy it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

0 damage top tier T32 in the _BR_ clan. Two players on the winning team got 400some XP, basically what you'd get for a 0 damage game where your team killed all the enemies, and the rest might as well have lost. CAPFAST GUYS

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Holy poo poo people actually stuggle with that? Hah. They probably don't realize they only need the 15th mission finished with honors to skip the arti missions.

Also just got snapshot blind by a 113 in a CW fight against RDDT, lol. Fair play policy working as intended.

Well I almost had mission 12 done in my 4502 after having HE and crap fired at me. Of course my team couldn't move to spot the T-49 and Skoda that were flanking me. I couldn't turn my front to them because it was facing the JT in front of me. So while my pubbies hide behind rocks doing nothing, I died, 40 damage short.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

HFX posted:

Well I almost had mission 12 done in my 4502 after having HE and crap fired at me. Of course my team couldn't move to spot the T-49 and Skoda that were flanking me. I couldn't turn my front to them because it was facing the JT in front of me. So while my pubbies hide behind rocks doing nothing, I died, 40 damage short.

Edit is not quote.

However, do not play past 12. All you will get is human filth that would be better incinerated for power or arty players who should be ejected into space without a space suit.

HFX fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 18, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
The venn diagram of terrible shitters and players that shoot their guns right at the beginning of a match is a perfect circle.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Barry posted:

The venn diagram of terrible shitters and players that shoot their guns right at the beginning of a match is a perfect circle.

Pretty much. Even worse in Warships

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Barry posted:

I've gotten some bad hate from people for typing "You know if you double tap the key you want to load it'll save you shooting at nothing"

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

HFX posted:

Edit is not quote.

However, do not play past 12. All you will get is human filth that would be better incinerated for power or arty players who should be ejected into space without a space suit.

Why do you hate me?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Washout posted:

Do you PM through the contacts window? Mine is broken and won't even load. Washout IGN.

You can PM that way, yes, or here on SA works for me as well. I sent you a clan invite in-game with a Discord invite in the message of the former.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

O-Ho as one of the top 3 tanks in a match is some good poo poo

A Handed Missus fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 18, 2017

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's always nice when an objectively poo poo player calls you and the rest of the team bitches/retards etc. while doing nothing to actually help, only to meet them again in the next battle and show them who the real bitch is by making GBS threads all over them in particular.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Cardiac posted:

Why do you hate me?

Probably because I lose more than half my hit points to arty regularly and it doesn't miss nearly as often. I get splashed behind cover now both killing crew and stunning me. Zig zagging when being forced to move over open ground is often ineffective.

In short, I get less 1 hit killed than I used to (represented <2% of all total games). Instead, I get crippled in probably half my games due to both damage, module, and stun mechanics. Previously it was about 5-10% of all games where this would be a problem.

I guess I could turn to just driving super heavies so I don't care.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Barry posted:

Wow. Rude. At least that means I haven't alt-tabbed out for the first minute.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

xthetenth posted:

Wow. Rude. At least that means I haven't alt-tabbed out for the first minute.

Or that your PC is so bad it doesn't load the game until halfway through the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Barry posted:

Or that your PC is so bad it doesn't load the game until halfway through the match.
With all the updates and other gubbins slowly bloating the game, this became my WoT experience from mid-2015 until mid-2016. I don't miss those days one bit.