Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

Lol no poo poo, what other reason is there to stay in the party anymore now that they've sold out on everything else besides blatant racism and xenophobia?

Party affiliation is LITERALLY nothing to do with reason. (Yes there's research into this.) Sunken cost fallacy is also a big thing when it comes to voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean let's face it there is literally absolutely no way anyone can justify voting right-wing by reason.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jerry Cotton posted:

Party affiliation is LITERALLY nothing to do with reason. (Yes there's research into this.) Sunken cost fallacy is also a big thing when it comes to voting.

Yeah but it's not like too much of the jytky-crowd were long-time Persu voters. Hell there have been a few defections by MP's. Basically everyone whose brain got broken by 2015 has migrated there and is slowly pushing relative sanity out for good (not that there was a huge amount to begin with)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

I mean let's face it there is literally absolutely no way anyone can justify voting right-wing by reason.

Unless you're literally a millionaire.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Unless you're literally a millionaire.

Not even then. Voting right-wing will eventually lead to class war and it isn't reasonable (even financially) for a rich person to want that.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Not even then. Voting right-wing will eventually lead to class war and it isn't reasonable (even financially) for a rich person to want that.

My friend, have you heard of the economist term "rational actor"?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Class war is rational though.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

His Divine Shadow posted:

Class war is rational though.

That's because Marxism-Leninism is science.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kemper Boyd posted:

That's because Marxism-Leninism is science.

It's exactly as much science as economics.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Make class love, not class war - marry the 1%!

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Have you actually met rich people? Most of them that I've met are BORING as hell and live in huge denial about many things. Probably none of them have done psychedelics because cowardice and fear of losing status goes with it all.

I'd rather die if I had to spend more than a few horny nights with a boring rich woman.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

:circlefap:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

So the city of Helsinki declared that the refugee protest camp (and the associated nazi counter-protest camp) have to leave Rautatientori on Monday, and both camps have said they won't go :allears:

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Newest flash of brilliance from SSS: make the unemployed work 40h weeks for private companies for their työttömyysturva. Don't worry, it's only for 6 months at a time.

http://www.is.fi/taloussanomat/art-2000005216103.html

http://blogit.apu.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2017/05/18/palkatta-toihin/

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

doverhog posted:

Newest flash of brilliance from SSS: make the unemployed work 40h weeks for private companies for their työttömyysturva. Don't worry, it's only for 6 months at a time.

:wtc:

How? What the gently caress are demarit and vassarit doing letting this go by without a massive media campaign?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
No tietysti ainakin nollasopimusten määrä vähenee kun yritykset saa tuhansittain ilmaista, ympäri vuorokauden käytössä olevaa ja rangaistuksen uhalla nurisematonta pakkotyövoimaa

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

How? What the gently caress are demarit and vassarit doing letting this go by without a massive media campaign?

Well YLE sure as hell are not touching it because they're in full-Pravda mode now and what left-wing media is there?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

Pretty sure it was first announced today, and is still only an esitys.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

doverhog posted:

Pretty sure it was first announced today, and is still only an esitys.

Presumably this wasn't written in 5 minutes after a champagne brunch, so the opposition absolutely knew about the proposal and did nothing.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Oikeastaan tuossa ei paljon muutu, nytkin firmoilla on työttömiä "työkokeilijoina" ilmaiseksi. Samaan aikaan työkkäri voi lätkäistä työttömälle karenssia jos hän osallistuu vapaaehtoistyöhön jossakin voittoa tavoittelemattomassa yleishyödyllisessä yhdistyksessä. :finland:

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
The left is absolutely complicit in this "kustannusneutraali aktiivinen työvoimapolitiikka" farce. I could not take with a straight face SDP throwing a tantrum about this while kuntouttava työtoiminta on the sole basis of being long term unemployed is fine and well.

Speaking of työvoimapolitiikka, I stumbled on this guy called Ari Ojapelto who apparently has had a hard-on for collecting Finnish econometric stats since the 80's, wrote books about it, and claims that total working hours in the economy haven't risen since the late 70's and are still lower than before the 90's recession. Which would mean that all the jobs and job losses in the timeframe have just reshuffled the same work between different amounts of people. Trigger warning about Kansan Uutiset, but his KU blog is more conscise than his personal one. http://blogit.kansanuutiset.fi/maailmanparantajan-madonluvut/missa-on-taloustoimittajien-ammattitaito

His other hobby is verbally eviscerating economists for ignoring the decades' worth of data that they themselves have produced and are unable to explain.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

uncop posted:

The left is absolutely complicit in this "kustannusneutraali aktiivinen työvoimapolitiikka" farce. I could not take with a straight face SDP throwing a tantrum about this while kuntouttava työtoiminta on the sole basis of being long term unemployed is fine and well.

Speaking of työvoimapolitiikka, I stumbled on this guy called Ari Ojapelto who apparently has had a hard-on for collecting Finnish econometric stats since the 80's, wrote books about it, and claims that total working hours in the economy haven't risen since the late 70's and are still lower than before the 90's recession. Which would mean that all the jobs and job losses in the timeframe have just reshuffled the same work between different amounts of people. Trigger warning about Kansan Uutiset, but his KU blog is more conscise than his personal one. http://blogit.kansanuutiset.fi/maailmanparantajan-madonluvut/missa-on-taloustoimittajien-ammattitaito

His other hobby is verbally eviscerating economists for ignoring the decades' worth of data that they themselves have produced and are unable to explain.

The typos, grammatical mistakes, willfully dense interpretations of GNP and "total working hours" don't exactly make me trust this random blogger. I mean, you don't have to be cockker to realize that "creating new jobs" doesn't mean that every single existing job will stay there for all eternity when technology, consumer preferences, automation or whatever advances.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

varmaan siksi koska ne olisi itse keksinyt jotain samanlaista

vasemmistolaisuudella ei ole tänä päivänä mitään tekemistä talouspolitiikan kanssa

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

SnowblindFatal posted:

Have you actually met rich people? Most of them that I've met are BORING as hell and live in huge denial about many things. Probably none of them have done psychedelics because cowardice and fear of losing status goes with it all.

I'd rather die if I had to spend more than a few horny nights with a boring rich woman.

I thought you were mad at them for not inviting you to parties in high school

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

SnowblindFatal posted:

I think they prefer their own set of drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOBJcO6x3tM

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Tällähän ei varmasti voi olla mitään huonoja vaikutuksia pitkällä tähtäimellä. Tekee vaan hyvää taloudelle kun firmat alkavat hyväksikäyttämään systeemiä oikein kunnolla ja kohta kenelläkään ei ole massia ostaa mitään.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

The typos, grammatical mistakes, willfully dense interpretations of GNP and "total working hours" don't exactly make me trust this random blogger. I mean, you don't have to be cockker to realize that "creating new jobs" doesn't mean that every single existing job will stay there for all eternity when technology, consumer preferences, automation or whatever advances.

Thats all fine and good, but to restore my honor I will point out that his actual data is from regular public sources. Like you can restore the working hours data here at Tilastokeskus: http://pxnet2.stat.fi/PXWeb/pxweb/fi/StatFin/StatFin__kan__vtp/080_vtp_tau_081.px I got a graph that looks basically the exact same: http://imgur.com/4UOAviL

I could have articulated better that my point in showing his stuff wasn't his opinions about how to preserve jobs (hes obviously not an expert on that), it was to highlight that if aggregate working hours don't change, employment and unemployment figures become a sort of newspeak, where you'd think from the word that more employment means more wellbeing, but really some people have just given part of their working hours (and consequently wage) to a bunch of other people. And that we have been bullying the unemployed for 20 years now just to, in the best case scenario, split jobs rather than create them.

As a side note: If someone notices the World GDP chart not looking like the IMF data the data's original author uses as its source, I'm aware of that. The author claims the difference is running a purchasing power parity adjustment using a set of currency exchange rates to do it. So the label is wrong, it's not "World GDP" but some experimental "World purchasing power" chart. Measuring purchasing power from GDP is iffy, as we know from the old "public spending is nearly 60% of GDP" debacle where actual aggregate spending totaled to well over 200% of GDP. The chart may correlate with the movements of actual purchasing power, but without more peer review you'd be right not to just believe. But it fits with my preconceived notion that an increasingly huge portion of GDP growth has been from the FIRE sector, whose growth, instead of producing anything, inflates prices.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://blogit.apu.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2017/05/19/mahdollisuus-dialogiin/
https://anonyymin.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/pahoinpitely-rautatientorilla/

Yep yep, ääripäät doing the exact equivalent things as always

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:35 on May 19, 2017

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

ensimmäisen blogistin mainitsema saision kirjoitus oli erittäin osuva: http://www.hs.fi/kulttuuri/art-2000005207819.html

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Känninen setä sanoi pahasti, sitten tunsin sormessani kipua. Paloauto, ambulanssi, armeija.

Ei helvetin perkele hyvää päivää.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Joo joo, turhaa on soittaa hätänumeroon kun joku piripäinen paranoidi kuulapää vetää turpaan keskellä päivää

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

All joking aside, I think it's about time something should be done with de Witt's posse. It's pretty clear by now that they are more or less delusional with their talks of a "Finnish Maidan", so who knows what kind of dangerous plots they are hatching in their intoxicated minds.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Darkest Auer posted:

Joo joo, turhaa on soittaa hätänumeroon kun joku piripäinen paranoidi kuulapää vetää turpaan keskellä päivää

Voihan sitä soitella hätänumeroon, mutta ei se nykyään auta. Ellei halua olla tuntia odottelemassa. Paljon tehokkaampaa on toivottaa kuulapää matkoihinsa.

Jos paranoidi kuulapää alkaa hakkaamaan sinua keskellä kaupunkia, niin vedä takas. Ei se halua tapella.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ligur posted:

Jos paranoidi kuulapää alkaa hakkaamaan sinua keskellä kaupunkia, niin vedä takas. Ei se halua tapella.

Aika paska neuvo näin yhteiskunnalliselta kannalta ajateltuna

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Darkest Auer posted:

Aika paska neuvo näin yhteiskunnalliselta kannalta ajateltuna

Jaa kuin?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ligur posted:

Jaa kuin?

Yksi pohjoismaisen hyvinvointi/oikeusvaltion tunnusmerkeistä on luottamus auktoriteetteihin kuten poliisiin. Oman käden oikeus on lähinnä paskamaiden tunnusmerkkejä.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

Yksi pohjoismaisen hyvinvointi/oikeusvaltion tunnusmerkeistä on luottamus auktoriteetteihin kuten poliisiin. Oman käden oikeus on lähinnä paskamaiden tunnusmerkkejä.

paitsi jos tekijät ovat vasemmistolaisia

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

Jos joku lyö sua niin takasin lyöminen ei ole oman käden oikeutta, se on itsepuolustusta josta on ihan laissakin maininta.

Ei liity varsinaisesti tohon juttuun, mutta kuitenkin.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Känninen setä sanoi pahasti, sitten tunsin sormessani kipua. Paloauto, ambulanssi, armeija.

Ei helvetin perkele hyvää päivää.

It's strange how you care about the letter of the law only when the offender is brown or foreigner. White right-wingers committing crimes, say death threats or violence or harrassment, somehow always deserve absolution, and no authorities need to be involved, that's pretty strange. Can you explain the reasoning behind this particular mode of thought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

doverhog posted:

Jos joku lyö sua niin takasin lyöminen ei ole oman käden oikeutta, se on itsepuolustusta josta on ihan laissakin maininta.

En nyt tietenkään ole ihan varma, mutta mielestäni viimeaikaisten oikeuspäätösten nojalla sanoisin, että ei se ihan noin mene.