Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Stop hogging the kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Wow look at this cool guy

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Wow look at this cool guy

Did you copy and paste that from the battlefield one thread?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Duggler posted:

Did you copy and paste that from the battlefield one thread?

Nah, sorry, I'm not cool enough to only have ironic opinions like you.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhJscsn4GWs

So we're gonna get some info dropped on us come Sunday.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Nah, sorry, I'm not cool enough to only have ironic opinions like you.

"These challenges are too challenging" is a pretty ironic opinion isn't it?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

The Duggler posted:

Not so much ironic as just dumb.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I don't want to win 20. That usually means playing like 50

:psyboom:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i like the trivial challenges and hope they keep introducing useless trinkets to dangle from my shield in honor of past victories on the pixels of the cyber arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEt6tgTpAcU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Thief posted:

i like the trivial challenges and hope they keep introducing useless trinkets to dangle from my shield in honor of past victories on the pixels of the cyber arena

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEt6tgTpAcU

That's it i'm nerfing shields, all of them.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

That Twitch player not helping against Cav really,really triggered me.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Duggler posted:

No. Also, I clearly didn't even insinuate that the challenges are challenging. I called them dull, insipid, boring, unfun, etc., but never challenging. If they were challenging they'd be at least stimulating and exciting in some way. Instead they're merely a lengthy distraction from what makes the game enjoyable, like having to do your chores before you get to play outside. And yes, as I said in my very first post, I'm aware I could just not do the challenges, but A) I want the rewards, which is exactly why game companies add these timed challenge systems to begin with, and not doing them makes me feel like I'm missing out; and B) I could also just not play the game, which as of late is the option I've been taking.

Not everyone is a Diamond level player and I play with friends who are bad at the game. It's pretty normal to only win about half the rounds you play, anyway, and add another half on top of that for the matches you don't end up winning. 5 rounds played for every 2 you win seems pretty reasonable to me.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Snooze Cruise posted:

H.R. McMaster would be Tom Clancy's name if Tom Clancy's name wasn't Tom Clancy

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Kikas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhJscsn4GWs

So we're gonna get some info dropped on us come Sunday.

If by info you mean bullshit pedaling that would put Chris Metzen to shame, then yeah.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

CJ posted:

If by info you mean bullshit pedaling that would put Chris Metzen to shame, then yeah.

Hard's Siege Industries.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fix your loving servers Hard, I can't find a game for 20 minutes now.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Fix your loving servers Hard, I can't find a game for 20 minutes now.

I'd pay extra if it meant that we'd actually have non-lovely servers and I can play the game for hours without issue.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I don't play as him a ton, but is Sniper guys gun still broken? I had clear as day face shots with blood puffs and they just didn't register.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

nah the gun is really forgiving actually in practically every scenario/setup. i run with a suppressor and it still generally 1 shots most ppl or at least downs them

if you're seeing blood clouds its a lag thing, i think?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Don't worry, now that ubi is taking the health of the game seriously it will all be fixed by August

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

Don't worry, now that ubi is taking the health of the game seriously it will all be fixed by August

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Glaz is fine. It's the people that like to play him that are broken.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

2019 comes around: "Sorry guys, looks like we have to push it back again. I know we also promised those Hong Kong operators. They will be out in 3 more months."

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Apparently this is real?

Interesting look for Doc there

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Shutting down the servers technically fixes the problem

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

The Duggler posted:

Interesting look for Doc there

the white shirt would be a rad elite skin to go with the very important tactical rorschach mask

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I wish Mute had more uniform choices, i actually like picking him a good majority of the time but all he has is the dark green and it doesn't really look that good on him.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don't think I've had a 5v5 game today yet.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So I'm a very casual player of this game (maybe 5 whole matches a week) but I've noticed just recently latency seems to be really bad?

Even when I'm sitting mid 50s I get the rubber banding and telltale janky movements.

Not even talking about finding games, actual in game latency.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Playing casual trying to get the baguette last night. Came across this turbo nerd https://play.eslgaming.com/player/8299948/ and then every match after that I get put against uber try hards just like him. Played for 3 hours and won 8 rounds total. Lotta fun.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Found an old but good video when clearing junk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA5jZa4Noa4

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

When playing Bank and spawning the back alley, anyone else having the enemy team rush out and attempt a spawn rush? It's happened the last several times I've played that map. Enough to where I expect it and immediately aim at the door.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

can't always expect a spawn rush, but any player with a clown mask or three should know to be ready for them every round

its also good to just assume the defenders will try to flank you and/or jump out of windows with a 2 second lead before being spotted

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

Found an old but good video when clearing junk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA5jZa4Noa4

It's because Thermite had grenades. :smug:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nickname Pending posted:

When playing Bank and spawning the back alley, anyone else having the enemy team rush out and attempt a spawn rush? It's happened the last several times I've played that map. Enough to where I expect it and immediately aim at the door.

Never spawn back alley on Bank.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN7nHYlogwo

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Never spawn back alley on Bank.

I don't normally on ranked, though casual I don't have much of a say.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
here's a hot tip for not getting spawn killed or peeked: don't just start sprinting at the start. wait a little bit(in cover) and take it slow
hth

as far as bank goes all the spawns are lovely and the back alley is actually the safest if you are prepared to fight back against the spawn killers(why not do this, it's free)

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Wooper posted:

here's a hot tip for not getting spawn killed or peeked: don't just start sprinting at the start. wait a little bit(in cover) and take it slow
hth
Sprint through the wall of bullets and bop them with a hammer.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Smarten up the entire team and have all five players launch a hail of bullets at the peaker in a Bonnie and Clyde style execution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard fix the loving clutter holy loving poo poo.

• Locked thread